PDA

View Full Version : Big Kev

sic86
6th December 2005, 05:01 PM
Living Australia Legend Big Kev (Im Excitied http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif ) has died. Still don't know what from, trying to find out why. Will post up once I find out.

R.I.P

chapl
6th December 2005, 05:14 PM
bullshit

crazy86
6th December 2005, 05:16 PM
He had an infection of some sort, which gave him a heart attack. (or something like that) Apparently he was fitter than ever, and was turning his life/health around, then this thing just hit him...Bam.....

Not good

ae86
6th December 2005, 05:22 PM
no shit dude i heard it on the radio today !@!
no more being exited.

ae86
6th December 2005, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by chapl@Dec 6 2005, 04:14 PM
bullshit
No, heard it before on the news but didn't pay attention at first so I missed on how he died.

Cheers

sic86
6th December 2005, 05:26 PM
Flamboyant businessman "Big Kev" Kevin McQuay, famous for his loud shirts and "I'm excited" catchcry, has died following a heart attack.

The cleaning product marketer died aged 56 in the Allamanda Private Hospital on the Gold Coast at 8.30pm (AEST) on Monday, his wife Michelle McQuay said.

Mrs McQuay said on Tuesday her husband's death was a huge shock because the burly businessman, who enjoyed a colourful career, was "on the road to recovery getting healthy and getting rid of stress".

"He died of staph infection in the end - it gave him a heart attack ... it's a huge shock, it all happened quickly, it all happened within a couple of hours," Mrs McQuay said.

"He was on a major health kick, had lost weight and was thoroughly enjoying life - he had a big turnaround and then this happened."

Queensland Premier Peter Beattie said Big Kev, a former property developer who went on to make corny TV ads for his cleaning products with the "I'm excited" slogan, was a "larger than life" character.

"He certainly had his ups and downs but he was a very colourful Gold Coast character and he will be sadly missed," Mr Beattie told reporters.

"He was one of those people who makes the world a lot more colourful and a lot more exciting. He had a really big heart and he had a go."

Impact Capital Limited chairman Bruce Judge, whose company last year took over Big Kev's Limited, said: "I have very happy memories of dealing with him. He was certainly a very memorable personality."

Big Kev's Ltd, which was launched in 1992, was listed on the Australian Stock Exchange in August 2001 in a process Mr McQuay described as "the people's float" for his Australian-made products.

However, Big Kev's struggled in a notoriously competitive industry and three years later Mr McQuay opted to cut his losses and resign as chairman.

"Although there were problems within the Big Kev company, on the personal side I got along very well with him and had a lot of respect for the guy," Mr Judge said.

"And I think he was underestimated in lots of ways as far as his abilities were concerned.

"He said to me on a couple of occasions 'I'm not quite the buffoon that they think I am'."

Mrs McQuay said her husband would be remembered as a cheery identity, who warranted a "huge big bash" after his funeral, which was yet to be finalised.

"He has left behind three beautiful sons (aged 28, 26 and 24) who totally adored him," she said.

chapl
6th December 2005, 05:29 PM
shit ey.

i thought it was a joke since it was in this section.
i spose it is also off topic.

R.I.P big fella

sic86
6th December 2005, 05:31 PM
Yeah, didn't know which section to post it in.

Cheers

Wally
6th December 2005, 06:47 PM
its was an infection in the penis, damn excited prick!...

RIP Dude!

Im Fkn Excited!!

halifax
6th December 2005, 08:47 PM
mate dont make jokes about a persons death
R.I.P Big Kev

poh_86
6th December 2005, 09:01 PM
r.i.p to the guy, he probly started drinking his own products very non toxic

sic86
7th December 2005, 07:53 PM
They interviewed his sons and they were all dissapointed that he will be remember as the Im Excited Guy

Cheers

dream2drift
7th December 2005, 10:00 PM
that is kinda sad hey. cos he did more than just be excited...

sic86
7th December 2005, 10:01 PM
I don't even think I have tried any of his products

Cheers

ae86 slide
9th December 2005, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by dream2drift@Dec 7 2005, 09:00 PM
im sorry but that is f***ing hillarius,

sic86
9th December 2005, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by ae86 slide+Dec 9 2005, 08:35 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-dream2drift@Dec 7 2005, 09:00 PM
im sorry but that is f***ing hillarius, [/b]
Why?

Cheers