PDA

View Full Version : windscreen replacement

ae86
8th March 2009, 01:42 PM
does anyone know a guy who actually makes custom windscreens for a living ? need one for kouki ae86, dont bitch and say their all the same and im able to get it from a local windscreen joint, if u got access to one its 3cm difference in height,
first person who gets me an actual source that is willing to do it gets $20
david.

hitoriko
8th March 2009, 11:48 PM
national windscreens in footscray
tell them daniel from VW parts said you could help him out

stanzzza
9th March 2009, 05:19 AM
3cms, 1.5cms at each end is sweet fark all.

theres more then plenty meat left to silicon the windsheld in.

blacktopspirit
9th March 2009, 08:37 AM
just make sure you keep a window open when they do fit it.

with that much silicone, you close a door and huge pressure builds up and pops a hole through the silicone, either causing it to leak, or causing moisture to to build around bare metal surfaces, usually where the windscreen blokes have scratched paint getting your old screen out.

I had this problem in an XF panel van, they put an XG screen in, 4cm difference apparently, so they just compensated with Silicone, windscreen place ended up having to remove my screen fix all the rust around the area, and put in a new screen at no cost!

ae86
9th March 2009, 04:30 PM
im sure if those windscreen blokes felt it was safe just to jam silicon inthe gap of the bottom they woulda jus to get the money, was 3cm or 3inches roughly something like that its been a while since i been trying to chase this but i jusgot into some strife so i need it now, but back on topic dont want any shit fights over the net just want some sources to chase up this week

hitoriko
10th March 2009, 09:53 AM
call national windscreens in footscray speak to peter - 96876222 have all the measurements of the car screen and he'll help you i called this morning and spoke to him he is expecting a call - just say your daniel @ vw's mate and he'll look after you

cheers