PDA

View Full Version : Different varients of T series 2 way LSD's

Golberg
9th March 2009, 05:36 PM
In the future some time I'm planning on getting myself a T18 T series for an NA 4AGE build and I'd like to know peoples experiences with different 2 way's.

Just interested in knowing roughly this info:
- What sorta life you're getting out of clutch packs before having to rebuild them.
- Any problems had
- Overall performance
- Anything else you think is relevant

I've put up a poll too, to see what people are running. Remember I'm also only talking about 2 ways here.

The only brands I know of which do them are:
TRD
Cusco
Kaaz
Tomei

Info on any other brands would be good too.

Jonny Rochester
9th March 2009, 05:38 PM
There is OEM Toyota also.

Golberg
9th March 2009, 05:39 PM
They aren't 2 ways though are they?

Dish
9th March 2009, 05:39 PM
Mine isn't in yet, but I purchased a cusco 2-way RS through AJPS. Quality seems damn good and I haven't really heard any bad reports, everyone seems to swear by TRD aswell.

Jonny Rochester
9th March 2009, 05:44 PM
They aren't 2 ways though are they?

The Toyota LSD is 2-way, unless you can show me why it isn't.

Jonny Rochester
9th March 2009, 05:47 PM
My TRD was great. I hear people talking about clunking from Cusco and Kaaz, but i also hear they work well. My TRD never clunked.

In USA and Japan where the Toyota LSD is common, most upgrade.

greenmac80
9th March 2009, 06:48 PM
can we also have varients of LSDs?
as in zenki and kouki axles?

because i wanna use a ta22 t series and i'm led to belive that i can make a LSD fit but i may need to shave the axles slightly.

but which t series rear ends are kouki - zenki?

bigm
9th March 2009, 06:54 PM
as far as i know all aus T series are Zenki, its the late model JDM disk rear end AE86s that are kouki

slydar
9th March 2009, 07:17 PM
exactly. only late jdm ae86s have kouki axles.

all those brands are good. but the trd has the least harsh engagement/least likely to clunk.

ive had os giken, apparently they manufacture tomei. had it serviced. it ran it for a while. it clunked. the trd i have now doesnt.

shift_rook
9th March 2009, 07:22 PM
i'm getting a trd if that helps:D

Robo86
9th March 2009, 07:28 PM
I run trd 2way. so good. not viscous at all, but AWESOME when u need it lol

Jonny Rochester
9th March 2009, 08:04 PM
The whole grinding your axles shorter thing is to do with the factory Toyota LSD, if your axles came from a non-LSD car. The difference between LSD and non-LSD axles is the length, but it's not more than 5mm. And only applys to the Toyota LSD. So very few of us have to worry.

H8CHIR6KU
10th March 2009, 01:23 AM
my cusco was pretty sic but it didn't last long as everyday and track car... not much more than six months before rebuild.

i did find when i rebuilt it that there was some of movement in the centre of the lsd between the clutch packs. removing this freeplay will take the clunking out of it and also make locking alot better.

ae86
10th March 2009, 01:15 PM
cant even seem to find zenki lsds these days... damn economy

Golberg
3rd August 2009, 11:34 AM
Thought I'd resurrect this for the fun of it.

ke_70
3rd August 2009, 08:19 PM
what r the results i wanna c but dont run a 2 way

70XIN
3rd August 2009, 08:35 PM
i really like TRD 2-ways

todd
3rd August 2009, 09:14 PM
what r the results i wanna c but dont run a 2 way

trd at 73% thats all u need to know

Nikkojoe
3rd August 2009, 11:22 PM
I run a kaaz 2way and it is clunky. It will need servicing soon, not really that tight anymore.

GEMTA22
3rd August 2009, 11:52 PM
Kaaz 2way is really good mate has had one for over 2 years no dramas.
Takes a thrashing and holding up really well.

Bought a new kaaz 2way myself, see how it goes.

Widgee
4th August 2009, 04:13 PM
i have been running the tomei for 6 months now(run for about another 6 before me by another owner).
it clunks a fair bit at super low speeds. other then that i can not fault it, locks up when the power is put down. what more can you ask for really.
i put new oil and additive in every 3 months and so far no sign of a rebuild been needed.

duncan_86
5th August 2009, 12:37 AM
I run a trd 2-way now, so good!
everyone says be carefull with running 2 ways on street blah blah they are harsh, the trd ones are suited perfectly for street, no clunking, comes on awesome when u want it