PDA

View Full Version : back from NZ

mattysshop
28th February 2006, 09:24 AM
hey guys and gals.. if you were wondering where i was and why your pm's wen't getting replies, it was because i was in New Zealand for the last month.. it was great we only had a couple of hours rain the whole trip.. i went with my girlfriend and her family.. we landed in hamilton airport took delivery of our rent-a-van (2004 Previa (tarago), it had to be a toyota) then the first week and a bit we drove down from town to town, doing a variety of things.. like Mt Monganuie ( no idea about spelling) then to Napiar, Hastings then Rotarua, and Taupo... at rotarua we went on the louge.. hard to explain, but imagine 3 concrete 2M wide bike track weaving down a mountain.. now hop on a plastic cart with handle bars, about half the size of a go cart, and let gravity do the rest up to 80km/h!!.. we saw some guy brake his foot when he understeered into the side.. lucky there is no such thing as public liability insurance over there.. HAHAHA! we also went 4wding where i got to flog the crap out of a 6000km old Suzuki Jimmny, race a volkswagon chassis and a A12 datto 1200 motor with a roll cage around it around a track kinda like a sprint car.. rear engine rear drive... dorifto!! http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif drove some off road buggies 250cc 4 stroke quad bike tyre wearing 2 seater buggies.. quite fun actually.. dorifto again http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif

then to taupo, went on a chev 400 powered 3 seater Jet boat in a man made sprint course.. wow.. 0 -100 in 4 secs on water!! then went on a chev 496 powered jet boat down the Wiarapa river (rapids) awsome fun... dorifto on water!! ha ha..

then went down towards masterton and went Quad biking.. as seen on the mole.. big red 350cc hondas and did some clay pidgeon shooting.. 12 gauge with a small stock = ouchy shoulder!! these quads were awsome.. sliding on gravel roads etc.. river crossings.. had a digital instument cluster and a rev limiter!! i found that very quickly and often.. top speed of 71km/h on road.. top gear on limiter.. Troy (mate) went to 73km/h but he only weighs 50kgs!!

then down to wellington..nothing much in wellington went around to all the local speed shops i could find.. including Racetech where i got me some 4 pt harnesses, exhaust wrap, and semi race pads.. very very cheap.. so i set up an account with them.. cos i knew the boys on here would want some gear! Racetech are made famous from thier seats.. they are the factory race seats fitted to the new dodge Vipers.. and many many V8 super cars and WRC use them also.. any prices please pm me as i have a full price list and have set up shipping etc with them..

i also met up with a TRD supplier for Austrilasia..so if anyone wants genuine brand new TRD parts, pm me also, and i can get them shipped for you, i have also set up an account with this guy and have all the shipping sorted out.. from TRD 6/6.5/7kg rear springs, or 8 way adj shocks.. to TRD billet cams for 4AGE's or anything.. even TRD engine mounts!! LSD's crownwheel and pinions.. gear sets.. full 240hp race 4age motors!! and watches and shirts etc.. heaps of shit..

did some go carting in wellington.. lots of drifto there!! but other than that just perving at all the imports!! 4wd eg civics.. every EVO and STI you can think of... and pretty much all the lancer shapes even the wagons come with a 4wd 1.8 intercooled turbo option!!

great holiday.. but i'm glad to be back driving my 86! all up i brought back a 4pt harness for me and one for a mate, 2 sets of pads, heaps exthaust wrap, 2 .5mm TRD head gaskets for 4AGE, and a pair of rear 7kg TRD springs.. and some 6.5 TRD rears for me..

i will post up some pics when i get a chance http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif

Matty

RobertoX
28th February 2006, 09:46 AM
Welcome back matty

sounds like you had a ball, i have been going to NZ every year since i was 2....

i love the place, only been to the north island (where u went) a couple of times

the north island is more america than new zealand, if you go again make sure you go to the south island

did you go bungy jumping?

as for the TRD parts, i have been dealing with bruce for almost 2 years now, very easy going guy ey?

a quick word about trd springs tho, i sent some springs from bruce up to someone in qld, TRD had them rated at 6kg, and when rate tested came up as 4.6kg/mm....

how funny is the racetech seat thing, EVERYONE over there uses them ey

i will be going to NZ again in about 8months...already planning my trip.....

mattysshop
28th February 2006, 09:58 AM
yeh the racetech seats are everywhere! ha ha... i'd go back.. but not for a month.. i got incredibly bored in wellington..have to say though the weather was great! i was in t-shirt and shorts the whole time! except for the last week there was 1 day when a freezing cold southerly came up from the south island... bringing a little rain, but very cold wind.. http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif

i met up with his son Dene.. his KP starlet with the 20V in it is coming along quite nicly!

i'll have to keep my eye on those springs then... see how they are..

mikes86
28th February 2006, 10:28 AM
We didnt miss you that much, but good to see you back. NZ is a wicked place to holiday i loved lake taupo its just so stunning, its friken HUGE!!! and everyone is so easy going.

KAWAII_hachi_roku
28th February 2006, 10:56 AM
it would have be cold at NZ?
how much for the TRD spring and shock?

RobertoX
28th February 2006, 11:03 AM
yeah sth island is cold

some of the most amazing landscapes etc

go queenstown

so nice

the closer to antarctica the more NZ it is...

the milkman sill deliver glass bottles of unpasturised etc milk!!!

u tried some of the ice cream??

kp starlets are the bomb

i have spoken to racetech a few times what price can u pull on the basic full back?