PDA

View Full Version : Adaptronic, setup problems

Jonny Rochester
9th March 2009, 09:38 PM
Trying to run a 4A-GE with quad throttles. All wiring is done. Water temp connected, air temp is not.

Running maps off TPS only. I have the throttles cracked open for it to idle at about 1600rpm.

I have had the motor running a fair bit in the driveway. Had it up to temp. Been tuning the idle and no-load.

But when I turn the motor off, I can't start it again. In the live gauges, it says 0.1ms or similar for injector output, which is why it won't run. But what setting could make it want to do that? The map is all at 4.5ms or 6ms and nothing under.

Also, the laptop takes a long time to load everything off the ECU. Unless you open it with a saved file.

nelpd96|
9th March 2009, 09:43 PM
Loading off the laptop is normal that it will take some time. The other problem that you have it that the rpm is too high to run off the idle map. You need to get the idle down to under 1000rpm and go from there. If you go with map running of a bridged map sugnal you should be fine and it will be much nicer to drive.

Cheers
Paul

Jonny Rochester
9th March 2009, 10:57 PM
With bridged map, I guess you mean TPS + MAP? I will give that a go.

3s-86
9th March 2009, 11:58 PM
Hey mate

He means Tps and Map sensor blend @ idle.
You should also close the throttles and adjust the air bleeds on each
throttle body for idle speed, it will make a difference to your ms values.
Also make sure you connect the inlet airtemp sensor too!

Anthony
10th March 2009, 12:07 AM
The adaptronic runs a MAP x TPS mode the whole way through, not just at idle. I had a look at your map John and found a problem in the cranking fuel settings that would be causing your troubles. I've got a better tune for that setup anyway (using MAP x TPS mode) so I'll dig that up tomorrow and send it.

Jonny Rochester
10th March 2009, 01:27 AM
Will try all of the above in the morning, thanks a lot.

The owner had cranked open the throttles to get it running. (Crude I know). And now the throttles jam slightly and don't like to close. We have had to add another spring. Another thing to play with...

Also, I don't like up-side-down throttles. Not when you have to make a throttle cable bracket.

Cerby86
10th March 2009, 11:31 PM
should mention that this a "b" model not the "c" model. I tried that map you sent me anthony but a lot of the base settings were very different and i couldn't get it to start.

Jonny Rochester
11th March 2009, 12:50 AM
Well it's a long story. But I have been driving this up and down the highway, with laptop and wideband connected.

It is still just on TPS. TPS + MAP didn't seam to work the way I had it. The motor would only lean out and stall with any throttle.

Anthony
11th March 2009, 09:51 AM
Well as with any map you're going to import, you need to calibrate the TPS and MAP sensor for it to work. This is especially important in this case with the TPS. Was it reading 0% to 100% smoothly?

As for base timing, you could just note the numbers you have in the timing table on the running map and change the ones in the map i sent you to those. You really only need the first number, as the other 5 are just 30deg off this number each time.