PDA

View Full Version : things from other cars that replace stock sprinter bits

dori_86
6th April 2006, 01:54 AM
i came across this problem when i first got my car, at the back of my light, the adjustable screws and gears had disintergrated, but i couldnt find any ae86 parts for it http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/sad.gif , one day i was up in the barossa valley, so i decided to check to see if there wreckers had parts but to no avail, but i happend to look at other cars head lights to see how they worked instead of mine and found that a ford laser (not sure which model the squarish looking one) had the same headlight part as my car! and a bargain with no tacumi tax! http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tup.gif

if any1 one has any other things that fit into this category please post em, but plz no stuff like sigma arms etc that every1 allready knows about

cheers!

45aken
6th April 2006, 08:52 AM
ae82 headlight glass is a direct replacement for the 86 glass
but i think people know about this already

mattysshop
6th April 2006, 10:22 AM
steering wheels from any celica up to 1988 are the same spline.. as with hilux and 90/80 series rollas.. they might be different lengths and the horn plate a bit different.. but you can use these boss kits with spacers etc etc.. rather then gettin a takumi tax AE86 boss kit http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif

mattysshop
6th April 2006, 10:25 AM
RA40 celica rear suspension is a good budget upgrade for those not ready for hard rought drift suspension..

rear stock springs can be safley cut (end that tightens to a smaller dia coil) a few down, and use the RA40 rear shocks (alot shorter than AE86 factory ones) i have run them in the back of my car for nearly 2 years! the shocks are fu$ked though http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif ha ha

mattysshop
6th April 2006, 10:39 AM
want longer wheel studs for free???

go to the wreckers with a hammer.. find a latish modle 4x4 hilux rip off the drum.. and hammer out the wheel studs.. same pitch on the thread and are a good 15mm longer.. hey it makes a difference if you run a wheel spacer or something http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif

or you can go out and buy new sigma wheel studs.. a bit longer than that.. and put them in..

.wolfwood
6th April 2006, 10:41 AM
has anyne tryed using a dahs out of another car, considering most sprinter dash's are fucked. would be good if there was something good and easy to get that can be used instead.

mattysshop
6th April 2006, 10:41 AM
EP82 GT starlet seats bolt in to the outside rail holes.. the and inside (tranny tunnel) ones just need to be moved over an inch or so http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif they look alright for cheap seats!

mattysshop
6th April 2006, 10:48 AM
AE82/92 oil coolers bolt into the factory AE86 holes in the front bonnet latch support brace if you bend the flat bracket on the bottom of the cooler 90 degrees..

tuf_rolla
6th April 2006, 01:51 PM
AW11 MR2 seats bolt in.

sharpie_13
6th April 2006, 05:36 PM
i came across this problem when i first got my car, at the back of my light, the adjustable screws and gears had disintergrated, but i couldnt find any ae86 parts for it http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/sad.gif , one day i was up in the barossa valley, so i decided to check to see if there wreckers had parts but to no avail, but i happend to look at other cars head lights to see how they worked instead of mine and found that a ford laser (not sure which model the squarish looking one) had the same headlight part as my car! and a bargain with no tacumi tax! http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tup.gif[/b]

lol http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/laugh.gif http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/laugh.gif this happened to me luckily my bros got a laser and hes only 15 http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif so its sitting there doing nothing so i ripped the light parts out and put them in mine http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/biggrin.gif like a glove

driftism
6th April 2006, 06:11 PM
what model laser is this?? KE,KB, KC??? KFC???

dori_86
6th April 2006, 10:14 PM
not sure just check have awalk around in some wreckers! always interesting

driftism
28th April 2006, 05:41 PM
daihatsu charade (84ish model) door locks are exactly the same as sprinter ones. you just need to take them to a locksmith and get them keyed alike.

flamingheads
28th April 2006, 05:56 PM
I heard that the front panels of AW11s are the same as truenos (bonnet, guards and lights).
Dont know if its true or not but yeah...

.wolfwood
28th April 2006, 06:07 PM
has anybody tried a dash from another car yet. cuz so many people want good nic ae86 dahss but there just arnt any.

Hyuga
28th April 2006, 08:40 PM
is it real? for passenger side as well?

DavisJD
28th April 2006, 11:30 PM
Just some basic things you can look for at wreckers to neaten up your hachi a bit.
If your rear hatch struts are broken there are a couple of different Toyota models with the same struts, just check the model code as there are different lenghts that look similar. Getting your struts re-gased isnt that expensive though if there not broken.

The glass covers on the headlights are the same as on a few different same generation Toyotas, not sure what models.

Same goes as above parkers and indicators, may be slightly different to line up screws, havent checked yet.

Same goes as above for seat rails.

Theres a heap of interchangable parts between the Toyotas, if your after something specific just go to a wreckers and have a look.

roadsailing
28th April 2006, 11:40 PM
do you guys want to keep this thread to things you personally know will fit? rather than spread mis-information and heresay?

i mean trueno panels and Aw11 panels interchangable? paleeeese!

one i know works, KE70 strut tops bolt into an AE86 and give you more caster

DavisJD
28th April 2006, 11:54 PM
Not sure if your talking about my post or not, if you aren't just ignore this.
But anyway, i know from 1st hand experience that the headlight glass covers and the seat rails are interchangable, i didnt list specific models as i simply dont remember, its not that hard for people to look a tthe parts and work the rest out for themselves. I was simply trying to help those that might not know the benefits of searching at a wreckers.
Again, you might not be taling about my post, but it just seems u were as it was after my post

roadsailing
29th April 2006, 12:05 AM
nah don't worry davis, wasn't targetting anyone, just specific first hand info is a big help!

and no offence to flamingheads either but all you need to do is look at the two cars, they are completely different!

ArJay
29th April 2006, 12:40 AM
do you guys want to keep this thread to things you personally know will fit? rather than spread mis-information and heresay?[/b]

Well I heard from a mates cousin who's friend's girlfriend's brother says that you can drop the entire running gear from an R34 GTR straight into an 86 bolt for bolt..... I'm saving up as we speak...

born_rolla
29th April 2006, 06:40 PM
hahaha

fat86s
3rd May 2006, 09:09 PM
ArJay- You are a killa.. lmao
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/biggrin.gif

devolutio
5th May 2006, 05:00 PM
twincam FWD corrola petrol tank fuel pump mount will bolt right into a sprinter tank, with breather, and wires for fuel pump. pump will need to be mounted lower and will surge terribly under 1/4 tank, but it works.

Someone told me sv21 fuel pump and mounting fits.... it doesn't... and it doesn't have a breather either. so don't use that one, unless you like drilling new holes for the bolts.

and remember kids, when wiring the fuel pump up, make sure it isn't just wired to the ignition, you want it to stop pumping fuel everywhere when the engine stops running (ie. crash).

I hope this FIRST HAND information is of some help.

gg004
5th May 2006, 06:01 PM
some1 told me the same fuel pump from MA60 supra bolts into AE86 tank is this true?

scoot
5th May 2006, 06:07 PM
twincam FWD corrola petrol tank fuel pump mount will bolt right into a sprinter tank, with breather, and wires for fuel pump. pump will need to be mounted lower and will surge terribly under 1/4 tank, but it works.[/b]

bracket will need 45mm added to its length... this will situate the pump on the bottom of the tank.

AE71GZE
7th May 2006, 01:20 PM
I use to have a ae101 dash in my ke70 ..looked shmik but isnt straight bolt in ..need to slighly cut down ends and also weld new tabs in just under windscreen for dash to clip into .

selk
8th May 2006, 11:13 PM
180, mr2 & trueno hav the same headlight lens

driftism
9th May 2006, 03:54 PM
and RA60/st162 celicas do too

Hyuga
9th May 2006, 04:02 PM
hiace too http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/sleep.gif

rthy
10th May 2006, 04:58 PM
i used a ae82 fwd clutch slave cylinder on my t50 cos it looked cool

selk
12th May 2006, 01:53 AM
hilux, supra aswell

driftism
12th May 2006, 05:17 PM
i think it's just about any car with rectangular lights

Course_Out
13th May 2006, 11:26 PM
Pretty much all cars with rectangular pop ups use a standard size semi sealed beam light (as do ke70's). You can get uprated versions of these heaps easily with better reflector buckets. Mate has them in his jza70 and they are awesome, even with normal globes.

ToySprinta
14th May 2006, 09:06 AM
Doing a w5* g/box conversion and found ount some helpful hints

A HiAce clutch slave is the same ID bore as the sprinter one, but its for the drivers side
A RA70 W58 Thrust race and gearlever will fill a W58
And a RA70 front t/shaft section and a T18 rear will bolt a W58 to a T-series rear end.

Be doing a write up soon with part numbers and everything so people don't have to do all the stuffing around im doing now http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/sad.gif

parrot
14th May 2006, 04:21 PM
A very basic one. If you pull out your aircon but still want the heater to work, as it must for RWC, get the plastic adaptor off the side of the heater core box and the duct across to the heater blower fan, from a non air con AE71. Factory.

driftism
15th May 2006, 07:41 PM
would this be the same for a non-aircon Ke70?

chapl
16th May 2006, 12:52 PM
A very basic one. If you pull out your aircon but still want the heater to work, as it must for RWC, get the plastic adaptor off the side of the heater core box and the duct across to the heater blower fan, from a non air con AE71. Factory.[/b]

could you explain a little bit more?

cheers

driftism
16th May 2006, 01:07 PM
well i've only got half a heater box, and there aren't any fans on it, so i assume theres a plastic tube or som,ething that fits in between the fans and the heater on cars that have no A/C, but i'd like to hear more as well

parrot
16th May 2006, 03:25 PM
well i've only got half a heater box, and there aren't any fans on it, so i assume theres a plastic tube or som,ething that fits in between the fans and the heater on cars that have no A/C, but i'd like to hear more as well[/b]

If you pull out the heater/aircon unit from under the dash of your AE86, you will note there are three sections. In the centre of your underdash area is the heater core. The actual fan unit is over in the left hand corner. The aircon refrige box is in the middle. When you pull off the aircon crap from the engine bay, may as well pull out this bit too.

The AE71 (without aircon) has a plastic bit that slots in to the left hand (open) side of the heater core box when you remove the aircon section from your AE86. This held is in with two screws. Essentially it is an adaptor to fit a piece of ducting which slips onto the side of the fan box. Thus you can have a heated demister etc. Costs bugger all for the two bits from Nick a part. Possibly the same as a KE70?

driftism
16th May 2006, 06:56 PM
does this mean that the fan assembly fits too? or are they different?

parrot
16th May 2006, 07:17 PM
does this mean that the fan assembly fits too? or are they different?[/b]

Only got my bits for this on the weekend, I obviously didn't measure it up or anything but it "looked" the same. I shall try and post a photo of how it all looks in an AE86 tomorrow.

parrot
17th May 2006, 11:22 AM
[attachment=3508:attachment][attachment=3509:attachment][attachment=3510:attachm
ent][attachment=3511:attachment]
These are the two pieces you need and how it looks in an AE86.

Heater fan on the left, heater core on the right. I would be very surprised if the AE71 heater fan wasn't the same as the AE86. Although potentially the loom plug is different, which just means you would change this over too. Another photo of the actual heater fan to show the mounting points for 4AGE-86. Of course the standard ducting to the windscreen etc would need to be in place for demisting and so on.

Hope this helps someone.

driftism
17th May 2006, 11:15 PM
yeah should do... looks like it's time for a trip to the wreckers.

DRFT - 86
17th May 2006, 11:42 PM
sweet......... thats exactly what I need to do...... shouldnt be hard finding a non ac. AE71 at the wreckers right..?

oh yeh, how much did they charge you for those bits out of interest...

parrot
18th May 2006, 09:39 AM
sweet......... thats exactly what I need to do...... shouldnt be hard finding a non ac. AE71 at the wreckers right..?

oh yeh, how much did they charge you for those bits out of interest...[/b]

Just a few bucks. All got thrown in with the other bits I picked up. There was an almost complete AE82 twin cam at Pick & payless in Ringwood on Saturday by the way.

slidewayz
21st May 2006, 11:57 AM
Doing a w5* g/box conversion and found ount some helpful hints

A HiAce clutch slave is the same ID bore as the sprinter one, but its for the drivers side
A RA70 W58 Thrust race and gearlever will fill a W58
And a RA70 front t/shaft section and a T18 rear will bolt a W58 to a T-series rear end.

Be doing a write up soon with part numbers and everything so people don't have to do all the stuffing around im doing now http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/sad.gif[/b]

did you get around to doing the write up on this, looking at doing the same swap it would save a lot of stuffing around... thanks

biggo
21st May 2006, 02:43 PM
some1 told me the same fuel pump from MA60 supra bolts into AE86 tank is this true?[/b]

Read so in an old zoom mag. Anyone got a spare 86 tank? Ill supply my ma61 pump/pickup and we will find out if its true.

PS - wont work on ke70/71 http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif ive tried heh

monkeymajik
21st May 2006, 05:46 PM
Interior light covers from dual cab hilux is the same for people with melted/burnt covers.

AE82 seca rear hatch struts fit your AE86 Hatch, but are slightly longer than the ae86 ones so your boot will open higher.

AE82 hatch ones are slightly shorter and also fit.

dori_86
21st May 2006, 06:28 PM
yeah also interior light from some celica and corollas fit, as i found out by taking mine down to a local toyota wrecker and being told he doesnt have sprinter ones but it looks like a ............. one

slidewayz
24th May 2006, 08:31 PM
just something worth noting the ae86 lights switch is the same as ea falcon( http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/sad.gif )
i think hese are common to go...

Brenton 86
25th May 2006, 03:52 PM
Dustcaps from ae92s fit sprinters front bearings. I tried alot of different corrola models and they were the only successful ones.

JinxD
30th May 2006, 08:09 PM
in regards to the light switch would this be gone if say i couldnt get my highbeams to work?

slidewayz
30th May 2006, 09:34 PM
maybe, i lost low and high beam tried wreckers no one had switches for the sprinter!! found out later it was the same as ford (EA).. any way to fix mine i pulled the swith out and apart, then looking at the circut card i noticed the solder had dried out and cracked - a little bit of heat and solder and then i had my lights back http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/2thumbs.gif

drewx
16th June 2006, 12:36 PM
some trade secrets....

for the guys that are cheap skates like myself..

ht monaro rear shocks bolt into ae86's, they are short stroke, being design for a heavier vehicle the are fairly stiff. I picked up a pair of Koni adj. for less than $300

rav4 front shocks will fit ra60 struts, not sure about ae86's but if the inside dia. is the same they will fit. They are not short stroke.

st165 gt4 celica front shocks are short stroke and will fit ra60 struts, same deal with 86's, check inside dia. they will require a spacer at the base of the shock (ie large washers to fill base of strut, the cap that holds the shock in is threaded so it will prevent the washers from floating around).

XD to XF series falcon rear springs can be cut down to suit the rear on ae86's, 2.5coils cut off is a good ride hight. siffens the rear to approx 6kg/mm

Apparently the SV21 Camry has adjustable trailing arms that fit or come close to bolting into ae86's although i have not been able to confirm this yet.

Twin cam 16v GE heads will bolt onto a 4ac but will drop the compression rediculously low (i think 6:1), but i could be possible to deck the head enough to raise the compression or just get some GE pistons. One of my mates has made 110rwhp reliably using this set-up and twin solex carbs.

AE82 boss kits fit ae86's

4afe alternator bracket bolts striaght onto 4A blocks

if i can think of anymore i will let you guys know..

cheers

Daniel

Mad RS
19th June 2006, 12:50 PM
The SV21 trailing arms thing is close but not correct. I don't know the model numbers but they come from the widebody Camry right-rear locator arms. To make them fit you have to do some serious modding. Then the brackets have to be modified aswell.

ae86trueno
19th June 2006, 04:39 PM
I had a huge Celica st185 Alternator floating around from a half cut i had, fits perfectly for a 4age, and can deliver 20 amps more current.
But i suspect most toyota alternators are a common size and plug ???

Ben.

Gilly
25th June 2006, 03:10 PM
The SV21 trailing arms thing is close but not correct. I don't know the model numbers but they come from the widebody Camry right-rear locator arms. To make them fit you have to do some serious modding. Then the brackets have to be modified aswell.[/b]

ahhhh you revealed the secret!!!! i've been sitting on that for ages http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif (when i picked upi the seats) hmmm i have an 86 now i may have to look into it.

driftism
26th June 2006, 04:14 PM
KE70 heater boxes and fan assemblies fit in, but you need to re-wire a bit of the loom to get the fans to work on the correct speed and not fry the resistors in the fan.

flamingheads
27th June 2006, 06:18 PM
I know T18 alternators fit but need the end cut off the bracket. And I know T18 hatch strut things are close but too big so they dont fit.

brad
27th June 2006, 10:01 PM
which year/model do the t series lsds bolt in to on the t18?
also which year sigma control arms are the ones that people use (ball joint bolted in i think)
put a n14 sr20det radiator in my ae71, custom mounts and hoses, but it is in.
thanks

ArJay
29th June 2006, 12:06 PM
also which year sigma control arms are the ones that people use (ball joint bolted in i think)[/b]

Yeah they are ball jointed/ press fit ones. Know that the GJ (1980?) definately has the right arms. Pretty much any of the older models with the quad headlights. The earlier Scorpions had the same arms as well I reckon. If you saw the "newer" models arms you'd know straight away that they look nothing like the AE71/86 ones....

put a n14 sr20det radiator in my ae71, custom mounts and hoses, but it is in.[/b]

Interesting...how much modding is needed for the mounts and hoses etc?

R:)

drewx
29th June 2006, 12:38 PM
1979 GE sigma are the control arms to go for, both models fit, but the 2pc control arm gives way too much camber. your after the single pc press in ball joint control arm.

anastasios
1st July 2006, 07:54 PM
i used sigma gh arms in a ke30 and they worked perfectly

flamingheads
2nd July 2006, 10:25 PM
Are there any things that aren't the same (apart from engine, gearbox etc.) between the KE70 and AE71? And do they have any external differences?

And is there anything mechanical that isnt interchangable between the AE86 and the KE70/AE71?

I have only heard that the suspension isnt a straight fit. Is that right?

DRFTAE86
4th July 2006, 01:17 PM
i was about to ask the same question, cuz i was just at my local wreckers taking out 2 non aircon tubes from ae71's (as suggested on the previous page) for my 86 and my gf's 86 and while i was taking them out i had a look around the ae71 and the suspention looks just like an 86. Has any1 bolted ae71 front strut into an 86?

rthy
4th July 2006, 02:05 PM
i bought a whole bunch of ae86 gear that was from a ke70 (ae86 struts with ae86 LCA's, 4age, t18 diff, etc...)

parrot
4th July 2006, 02:34 PM
Last weekend I was fishing around for the loom clips to suit JDM power mirrors (under dash loom connector from mirrors to main loom) and discovered they are identical to those in the power mirror circuit of a mid 80's boxy Corona. The reasonable looking one! Not the one that had a holden engine(?) This also had the same power mirror control switch as JDM AE86's. Don't bother with the one at pick a part Kilsyth as they aren't there anymore.

If you have a JDM park light switch but need the loom plug to suit, it is the same plug as the male side of this power mirror loom connector. i.e. the under dash loom connector, NOT the power mirror control switch.

For what it is worth, after fishing around under dashes of KE70, AE71, T18 and this Corona, the heater boxes, heater fans and definitely the aircon bypass tube all look identical to that in an AE86, re my earlier response in this thread.

mc68
8th July 2006, 12:34 AM
Are there any things that aren't the same (apart from engine, gearbox etc.) between the KE70 and AE71? And do they have any external differences?

And is there anything mechanical that isnt interchangable between the AE86 and the KE70/AE71?

I have only heard that the suspension isnt a straight fit. Is that right?[/b]

ke70 struts are a smaller diametre i once read....

ArJay
9th July 2006, 01:41 AM
<{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=240523)

I have only heard that the suspension isnt a straight fit. Is that right?[/b]

ke70 struts are a smaller diametre i once read....
[/b]

Yep they are I reckon and the disks are a shade smaller too. Pretty much everything else is a bolts up tho (panhard rod, swaybar, etc)....

The strut towers on the AE71 are about 5cm wider apart than the AE86 as a matter of interest.... same track I think, just different angle....

RobertoX
9th July 2006, 02:26 PM
ae86 discs - 234mm

ae71 discs - 218mm

as for the strut towers, im unsure, but strut top to strut top is identical ie. strut braces fit each other

hairywally
20th July 2006, 05:42 PM
Last weekend I was fishing around for the loom clips to suit JDM power mirrors (under dash loom connector from mirrors to main loom) and discovered they are identical to those in the power mirror circuit of a mid 80's boxy Corona. The reasonable looking one! Not the one that had a holden engine(?) This also had the same power mirror control switch as JDM AE86's. Don't bother with the one at pick a part Kilsyth as they aren't there anymore.

If you have a JDM park light switch but need the loom plug to suit, it is the same plug as the male side of this power mirror loom connector. i.e. the under dash loom connector, NOT the power mirror control switch.

For what it is worth, after fishing around under dashes of KE70, AE71, T18 and this Corona, the heater boxes, heater fans and definitely the aircon bypass tube all look identical to that in an AE86, re my earlier response in this thread.[/b]

you didn't happen to pull apart the actual mirrors to see how much is the same? i have a set of late model power mirrors that have stuffed motors in them.

SV11 also have the same power mirror switch as ae86

Gilly
22nd July 2006, 05:16 PM
ae86 stuts go into a ke70 and vice versa, the only differenc is the KE70 strut itself has a smaller diameter.

parrot
23rd July 2006, 12:58 AM
you didn't happen to pull apart the actual mirrors to see how much is the same? i have a set of late model power mirrors that have stuffed motors in them.

Nope!

rileymoore05
26th December 2006, 05:10 PM
i know for a fact that ae82 headlights are the same as aus spec ae86 but the brackets that hold them to the radiator support pannel are different. speaking of which, I need some!! P.M me if you have any!!
only catch being you will need longer screws and some spacers to fit your grill.
heard that ae82 front indicators and park lamps are the same, NOT TRUE! myth BUSTED!
look similar, completly different. different shape, wont fit in guard and screws all in wrong places.
so i also need some ae86 parkers! lol
ae82 and ae86 bonnet hinges are the same, and ae82 under bonnet fuse/relay box can be used in ae86 with a few spare slots for fuses and relays. plugs right in! ,just need to mount it differently.

starni_boy
26th December 2006, 07:24 PM
what steering arms go into ae86s to get more lock?? and will they fit into a ke70??

rileymoore05
26th December 2006, 08:28 PM
apprently its the jdm ones that had power steering. if it fits a ae86 it will fit a ke70. also im told that a ae86 rack is slightly different internally and will give you more lock compared to a ke70.

mikewestphoto
26th December 2006, 09:38 PM
AE86 rack has 1 extra tooth giving it more lock over KE70 rack. I did the conversion 2 weeks ago.

AE86 steering arms will not bolt onto a KE70 without AE86 struts. It's the power steering arms that you want for more lock.

starni_boy
26th December 2006, 10:23 PM
so if i did the s13 coilover conversion it wouldnt work with the power steering arms??

rileymoore05
26th December 2006, 10:29 PM
huh?? if you did a s13 coil over conversion you wont need the power steering arms.
on s13's the steering arms and part of the spindle/knuckle what ever you want to call it.
have a look at the thread with pics for more info.
doing the s13 conversion will give you more lock anyway,

bluehachiroku
11th March 2007, 12:31 AM
Well let's see.

I'm talking back in 1992 when I did my coversion but I sourced a Camry fuel pump. Same as a ae82. BUT, I think the connectors from the pipe to pump are different. Fuel filter looks the same but if you used a OEM t/c 86 fuel line the threads are different. I hate having to get a new fuel filter as I always get them mixed up.

I have read it in too many places and also heard it from my suspension specialist back then the '83 Supra's shocks fit the 86. More to the point, Toyota sourced it from the Supra's parts bin.

You will also notice a lot of interior trim parts are also general bin sourced too. Air vents ,switches etc.

stefan
27th April 2007, 04:38 PM
what can replace stock 86 seat rails besides the starlet ones?

dori_86
1st May 2007, 07:28 PM
ke70 ***BUT**** double check seat rails as there are differences in ke70 1's i had a seat out of a square headlight 1 (early ke70) different setup (ie sliding mechanism and slightly different mounts, but found a shovel front (late ke70) with what looks to be identical to an ae86 setup but just slight differences such as handle covering ect

stefan
1st May 2007, 09:10 PM
so ae71 rails?

parrot
8th May 2007, 12:00 AM
If you put in a 4AGE bellhousing with the slave on the drivers side, an RA60 solid clutch line is an exact fit.

JDMJNKY
8th May 2007, 09:12 PM
If you put in a 4AGE bellhousing with the slave on the drivers side, an RA60 solid clutch line is an exact fit.[/b]

so is T18

AEE86
3rd June 2007, 06:20 PM
Pulled a few things off a wrecked RA60 Celica today that bolt on for an 86..

- Rear hatch struts
- Number plate lights
- Windscreen washer pump + bracket

Got all these for $20 http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/biggrin.gif

beerhead
4th June 2007, 01:56 AM
If your fitting AE86 struts to an AE71 and can't find AE86 steering arms corona ones will work.

AE71 strut tops in an AE86 gives you more caster ( swap left to right)

To use AE86 camber tops in an AE71 pull the slides off and invert all the studs and assemble. The vernier readout is gone but it saves you running out of adjustment on stock AE71 caster bars.

JDM tanks work in an AE71(some mods) and so vice vera.

Bigport water pumps work on 20V's with a few washers on the mount for the altenater adjuster

Landcruiser and cressida throttle cables work for bigport(slightly long) and 20V installs

JDMJNKY
7th June 2007, 03:54 PM
sigma rear wheel studs so u can runn slide on spacers! 10mm longer than 86 and t18

parrot
7th June 2007, 04:10 PM
sigma rear wheel studs so u can runn slide on spacers! 10mm longer than 86 and t18[/b]

I've just done these. I think David Lawson may have posted this earlier in the thread. Interestingly I had two different size studs on my AE86. The sigma studs are either 8mm or 6mm longer in my experience depending on what you already have. I looked at a variety of mitsubishis and nearly all the 4 stud cars run the same wheel stud across a few generations.

SEXY 16
14th June 2007, 10:10 PM
renault 18 pressure plate same as toyota 1 and cheaper

also front left guard arch fits rear right and same other

also heaps of other stuff i wont devulge lol http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/2thumbs.gif

Intense
14th July 2007, 01:04 AM
Ra65 passenger seat bolts in if you drill a new hole in the front left rail and use a bolt and nut to secure. Will find out about driver one on monday.
Can probably also easily fit ma61 seats which are awesome

yoshimitsu9
16th July 2007, 06:35 PM
if im not mistaken the centre consoles out of a certain model camry and ra60 celica are the same as ae86

ae71
18th July 2007, 12:40 PM
what can replace stock 86 seat rails besides the starlet ones?[/b]

t-18 items aswell..

Sparkle86
20th July 2007, 07:06 PM
Can anyone confirm that st141 corona avanti fuel tank will fit AE86?

Ru-iki
26th July 2007, 07:57 PM
I tried an RA40 drivers seat. It fitted with the flaring of 1 hole and the adjusting rail from the original seat. This was in an AE71, not an AE86, but they swap anyhow. What I did notice is the seat has a really high quality rubber/elastic support, far superior to the xE7x seat. It would suit a tall person as the bum sat a couple of inches lower than the original.

Also RA40 4 links are identical to xE7x, even though one is t-series and one is Borg Warner.

bajallama
18th August 2007, 03:49 PM
AW11 steering rack same as AE86 Manual rack

browneye
27th September 2007, 09:06 PM
T18's also have that plastic tube bit that fits between fan and heater unit..

Tried it last week and fits perfecrly...thanks Aaron

egg_83
28th September 2007, 11:54 AM
I tried an RA40 drivers seat. It fitted with the flaring of 1 hole and the adjusting rail from the original seat. This was in an AE71, not an AE86, but they swap anyhow. What I did notice is the seat has a really high quality rubber/elastic support, far superior to the xE7x seat. It would suit a tall person as the bum sat a couple of inches lower than the original.

Also RA40 4 links are identical to xE7x, even though one is t-series and one is Borg Warner.[/b]

trailing arms are different same length but have different bush sizes. found out when i put a ra40 diff in my car

orido
23rd October 2007, 11:31 AM
Does anyone know which other toyota front axle hubs are the same as stock aus sprinter ones ?

dr1ft-pig
23rd October 2007, 02:53 PM
i dont think there is any man... u can use whole struts from ra40/ra60, corona st141 , u must use the steering arm to suit though, i have ra40 ones in mine, they are the same as ra60/corona, and with using theese and the steering arms to suit, i have gained more lock than stock

resol
25th October 2007, 09:14 PM
i dont think there is any man... u can use whole struts from ra40/ra60, corona st141 , u must use the steering arm to suit though, i have ra40 ones in mine, they are the same as ra60/corona, and with using theese and the steering arms to suit, i have gained more lock than stock[/b]

you say ra40 struts bolt in, is that LCA, steering arms, toe rod ends from the ra40 as well?

also you say the ra40 are the same as ra60? which are the same (if im not mistaken) as ma61 struts? meaning you could run supra gear (brakes etc)......?

this all intrigues me!

*from previous post*
if ra40 seats fit ae86/71, then so will ma61 seats. they are a direct bolt in to the ra40's.

-resol

DR1FT
25th October 2007, 10:54 PM
i know that RA60 seats wont bolt into a KE70 if that helps

dr1ft-pig
26th October 2007, 12:20 AM
<{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=424225)
i dont think there is any man... u can use whole struts from ra40/ra60, corona st141 , u must use the steering arm to suit though, i have ra40 ones in mine, they are the same as ra60/corona, and with using theese and the steering arms to suit, i have gained more lock than stock[/b]

you say ra40 struts bolt in, is that LCA, steering arms, toe rod ends from the ra40 as well?

also you say the ra40 are the same as ra60? which are the same (if im not mistaken) as ma61 struts? meaning you could run supra gear (brakes etc)......?

this all intrigues me!

*from previous post*
if ra40 seats fit ae86/71, then so will ma61 seats. they are a direct bolt in to the ra40's.

-resol
[/b]

what i am using is i am saying this from MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE ae86 LCAS ra40 steering arms,pretty sure they r ae86 tie rod ends, ra40 struts and brakes, with ae86 cambertops (as my ra40 item are now converted to coilover) if you say ma61 is the same then its a 99.9% chance they will fit, i say go for it, the only disadvantage of the whole setup is i really dont think u can buy roll centre adjusters for them, ive seen 1 pair 2nd hand but i didnt have the cash at the time

resol
30th October 2007, 07:03 PM
i swear i remember readin it in this thread...but i cant seem to find it.

when upgrading the front brakes on ke/ae70 and ae86 what master cylinder bolts in and doesnt wreck the bias? from what i remember it was a "late model camry" but im not sure?

if anyone knows that would be much appriciated, im looking for the model of car BTW.

-resol

Fozz
30th October 2007, 07:41 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (resol @ Oct 30 2007, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=428384)</div>

when upgrading the front brakes on ke/ae70 and ae86 what master cylinder bolts in and doesnt wreck the bias? from what i remember it was a "late model camry" but im not sure?

if anyone knows that would be much appriciated, im looking for the model of car BTW.

-resol[/b]

wana be more specific?

what are u upgrading to?

if u have a ke70 and want ae86 rotors and calipers the master cylinder is the same

if using silvia rotors and calipers go r32 non abs master cylinder

resol
31st October 2007, 02:08 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fozz @ Oct 30 2007, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=428403)</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (resol @ Oct 30 2007, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=428384)

-resol[/b]

wana be more specific?

what are u upgrading to?

if u have a ke70 and want ae86 rotors and calipers the master cylinder is the same

if using silvia rotors and calipers go r32 non abs master cylinder
[/b][/quote]

yeh sorry, i sorta assumed it was a more common/widely known thing...

im looking to 'upgrade' to ra40 front struts and brakes in an ae71. wondering what master cylinder will be appropriate? the ra40 unit looks to bolt in, but will more then likely screw with the bias (ra40 have bigger rear brakes too). but im not sure...i had heard about the camry one being a good updrage, and now i remember that truenosedan has one in his ke70. might shoot him a pm....

-resol

egg_83
14th November 2007, 12:07 PM
ra65 seats fit in the front only transfer rails you have to drill a hole in the passenger 86 rail driver is a direct bolt up

maxhag
10th December 2007, 11:51 PM
This ones pretty small, but i had a broken rear wiper, so i pulled one off a series 2 RX7. It's a bit shorter that the standard one but that helps if you have a sticker/decal at the top of your rear window.

rfreyling
14th December 2007, 12:29 AM
any other caR RUN THE same axle as an 85 sprinter? got trd 2 way diff?

parrot
17th December 2007, 12:34 AM
Fusible link block at your positive battery terminal cracked and missing the lid? Looks shithouse doesn't it.

No problem. Simply find a friendly AE93 at pickapart and remove it. Doesn't need to be a twinky. Simply a matter of gently unclipping both sides of the block and undoing the 4 small bolts that secure the wiring to the fusible links. 2 of them are 8mm and two are 10mm. Easy if you use a 1/4 inch drive socket.

Advantage is that the fusible links are rated the same as on a JDM loom and are in the same position, plus it is newer and the writing is red so your car will go faster. If you are not fussy about what the fusible link block says, you can use virtually any donor.

Be careful when installing that you put the correct wires on the correct fusible link. You can also pick up the nifty rubber condom that encloses the bottom of the block and wiring.

Note that you need to use the L shaped bracket as fitted to the AE86 that bolts to the battery terminal, as the AE93 one is a bit short. This just pulls out.

Mmmm shiny.......

[attachment=19826:IM000514.JPG]

Fozz
17th December 2007, 11:02 AM
anyone know if the wheel slave cylinders of a borg warner will fit a t18 diff?

ae71
19th December 2007, 05:49 PM
get one and compare... more than likely yes

Konakid
19th December 2007, 06:40 PM
No they dont

ke70dave
19th December 2007, 10:42 PM
with anything brake related, take the slaves to some place and get them re-sheathed with stainless steel, cost me 80$ for both rear slaves.

never gonna leak again!!!

ae71
22nd December 2007, 10:30 AM
new cylinders are like 50buck pbr, i have used them in 2 cars, haven't had any problems with them.... yet

dctrd
29th May 2008, 10:38 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (slidewayz @ May 24 2006, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=227180)</div>
just something worth noting the ae86 lights switch is the same as ea falcon( :( )
i think hese are common to go...[/b]

Like this one on eBay (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FORD-EA-EB-ED-FALCON-FAIRMONT-FAIRLANE-LIGHT-SWITCH_W0QQitemZ120266402573QQihZ002QQcategoryZ676 3QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)?

It doesn't look long enough, has any one done this swap?

sly1300
29th May 2008, 11:22 AM
hey guys, in the mids of doing a trueno conversion, going to do a full write up to stop all the people asking the questions but in my research and prowling thru my toyota electronic parts catalog i found that the Headlight retractor control relay (85963- 14011 ) is the same as in these model celicas.. AA63, ta60 sa63 ra6# MA61 ( the part number for the tueno one is.. (85963- 14011) also, the retractor relay on the out side of the car (85964-12010) is also the same.. ok well its a little bit different, only difference is that the trueno one, has the plug built into the relay where as the celica one has a cord and then the plug (celica part number 85964-14010) so really the only "jdm" thing you need is the headlight switch every thing else can be sourced cheaply from America or the local wreckers :D (my write up will have wiring diagrams)

gg004
29th May 2008, 02:40 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wiggles @ May 29 2008, 09:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=538237)</div>
Like this one on eBay (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FORD-EA-EB-ED-FALCON-FAIRMONT-FAIRLANE-LIGHT-SWITCH_W0QQitemZ120266402573QQihZ002QQcategoryZ676 3QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)?

It doesn't look long enough, has any one done this swap?[/b]
i havent seen an ea falcon headlight switch but they do fit??? i need a headlight switch for my daily drive 86 as i'm sick of having the lights go out and they always do in a nice dark area

dctrd
29th May 2008, 03:19 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gg004 @ May 29 2008, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=538327)</div>
i havent seen an ea falcon headlight switch but they do fit??? i need a headlight switch for my daily drive 86 as i'm sick of having the lights go out and they always do in a nice dark area[/b]

Have you ripped it apart to check for dry solder joints? I had a problem with mine were the dash lights would only work intermittently. 5 mins with a soldering iron fixed it up (plus 20 mins stuffing around to disassemble/re-assemble the dash).
I only want to see if the EA falcon switch is a goer for when the switch finally lets go :blink:

shorty
2nd June 2008, 03:06 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gg004 @ May 29 2008, 01:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=538327)</div>
i havent seen an ea falcon headlight switch but they do fit??? i need a headlight switch for my daily drive 86 as i'm sick of having the lights go out and they always do in a nice dark area[/b]

yes, i know most e models falcoons work ea, eb etc etc

direct plug in for a standard 86 item

Benno
11th July 2008, 07:35 AM
can't buy front swaybar link pin kits for your AE86/#E7# anymore, but superpro make VB-VK link-pin kits, fit perfect and are a little larger.

ke kid
20th August 2008, 03:30 PM
I just found a set of Pedders performance springs in the work bin that looked the right size for the front of a corolla strut so I took them home and it turns out they fit ABSOLUTELY PERFECTLY!!!! I'll look up the part number in the pedders book tomorrow but I was told they were off a Commodore ute. They're stiff as too!! and red :P

Tim.duncan
26th August 2008, 08:57 AM
I hate my standard internal door handels they are all faded and are brown/purple yuk! is there another car that has a door handel that will fit? maby some metal/crome handels?? cheers guys