PDA

View Full Version : my N2 spec 86

tom210
10th April 2006, 06:57 PM
The interior only the basics are required
[attachment=2459:attachment]
This is my custom rear end setup featuring equal length arms, watts linkage with adjustable roll centre, custom mades spax coilovers bump and rebound adjustable, 6kg springs (to start with), diff cooler and trd 4.8 diff ratio[attachment=2458:attachment]
This is from the outside in, the box houses my fuel system and battery
[attachment=2457:attachment]
I love this shot, looks tough, the wheels measure 15x9 f anf 15x10 r only has street tyres on at the moment, still sitting a lil high at the time has come down a bit more since
[attachment=2456:attachment]
Ah the engine originally from an ae111, it was purchased from toms in new zealand, nothing to extreme just built to be reliable, it has all usual goodies you'd expect to see head work, cams, lightened flywheel, extremely heavy duty clutch, bigger throttles, raised comp etc... I'm running a Autronic ECU which i would recomend to people, the engine bay is a lil different looking now, i tidied it up some more looks much better. It was recently dynoed, atm it is only producing 140rwhp due to the exhaust being to restrictive, so i'll re-do it and try again i'm hoping to get around 160+rwhp when it's done which in a car that only weighs around 800kg with me in it should be fun especially around wakefield
[attachment=2455:attachment]

E V A N
10th April 2006, 06:59 PM
INsane

Andor
10th April 2006, 07:07 PM
My god that is awesome! Care to share the details on your diff cooler setup?

rthy
10th April 2006, 07:27 PM
could you please post up some more pics? particually of your rear suspension (ie watts link)

tom210
10th April 2006, 07:57 PM
hey there again fella's i'll try and answer all of your questions, the diff cooler, the diff housing has been modified to suit the diff cooler, there is an oil pick up and an oil supply, the pickup is fitted to the lowest part of the housing (internally) from there it travels through a filter, pump and the cooler, after this it's fed back to the diff, i've put mine in so it feeds the cooled oil directly where the ring and pinion mesh. If you have availability to the trd bible it show's you how to do it in there.

Now the watts linkage, providing you have a basic understanding of how suspension works, they are quite easy to make and setup. I have been lucky to know many people in the racing industry (mostly due to the fact my parents both use to race in the 70's and 80's) and when my old man was bragging about me building my own car they let me look at there cars and explained what they had done and whether or not it was for better or worse. So i took all of that advice in and designed my own version. I can show you some more pics of my setup but i'm not exactly sure of how it will work yet as it hasn't been test as yet i literally only got the car home last friday from the engine tuner. But basically my setup consists of a centre locator and two arms. The centre locator is attatched to the body, and the two arm's travel in opposite directions and mount to the diff housing using custom brackets. They must be parrallel for it to work correctly. Some fords feature this setup however they mount there's the opposite, arms to the body and the centre locator to the diff, please note although this still works ok it's not the correct way to do it in motorsport applications as the rear roll centre will always be changing every time to diff moves up or down not what you want.

roadsailing
10th April 2006, 08:08 PM
the arms dont have to be parallel for a watts link to work (otherwise it would all go to garbage as soon as you went over a bump), but the way you have it set up is "the" way to do it for reasons you have mentioned and for a small unsprung weight advantage.

so you built the car from an aussie one? great effort!

more pics please, what cams are you running?

tom210
10th April 2006, 09:16 PM
interior of care just after it was painted
[attachment=2469:attachment]

Yeah i built the whole car, It's what i use to do for a job so it was only fitting that i did one of my own to show people what i can do, i plan on running my own bussiness one day building custom cars and manufacturing parts.

This car was originally bought for $100, i think if i wanted i could have got it for nothing but i felt sorry for him, the only reason i bought it was for the bumpers. But i stripped it and found it was better than my other one i had already started to build, so i stored it away until i was ready for it and sold my other one as an unfinished project. And two years later here it is, i hadn't planned on going this far with it but as you all know it's quite easy to get side tracked.

But it's just about finished and i do plan on driving it on the street the car is fully engineered (the report is quite large), if anyone has any questions about anything i have done or what they see please ask.

The cams in this engine nobody knows the specs as they are an obselete trd part.

slide86
10th April 2006, 09:27 PM
that is quite insane
love to see it on the track one day agianst the other ae86's like chris o'shannesy's car and etc.

keep the pics coming

stouty
10th April 2006, 09:30 PM
This car is crazy good. So jealous man. Top job.

breno
10th April 2006, 09:31 PM
thats crazy
do you race it or plan to?

Andor
10th April 2006, 09:58 PM
What state r u in?

Got any pics of the front?

rb_sil80
10th April 2006, 10:06 PM
what kind of braking setup are you running? i notice you havent got a booster. are you using pedal box mounted master cylinders with no boosters?

SprinterTRD
10th April 2006, 10:10 PM
Its nice to see another dedicated Race car Thats four I know of now

.wolfwood
10th April 2006, 10:24 PM
holy crap that is insane. ther is no way yu could get it on the road cuz of the cage. and fuel system and shit.

tom210
10th April 2006, 10:29 PM
i'm running a levin front the lip isn't on in this photo
[attachment=2470:attachment]

As for brakes i'm running a reverse mount wilwood pedal box soon to be changed to a floor mount tilton item, as is now it has bias adjustment, all lines have been replaced with braid over kevlar and no booster, the pedal is quite firm as you would imagine. The front brakes are a two piece hat style setup with wilwood 305mm vented slotted rotors and r32 gtr calipers, the rear is rda slotted rotors with jdm calipers.

I'm located in NSW and it is not a dedicated track car i can and will drive this car on the street it's no daily driver but i still plan on enjoying it on many of the surrounding winding roads (waterfall national park hahaha).

It's going to make it's debut on the track in may at eastern creek at my car clubs super sprint, i don't plan on pushing to hard straight away as it will be a shake down drive for me and the car, i haven't driven anything like this in a while and i dare say i will be a lil rusty but hopefully it will all come back to me quickly.

tom210
10th April 2006, 10:36 PM
Yes the car is 100% road legal the fuel system is sealed off from the cabin and the role cage has removable intrusion bars. It isn't registered atm but all i need to do is pay for it, all the paper work is done, and my plates are in storage. To all the boys in nsw i look forward to cruising with you guys soon hopefully in the next few weeks fingers crossed http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/2thumbs.gif

Medwin_3sGTE_AE86
10th April 2006, 10:44 PM
Fully sick dude!!

.wolfwood
10th April 2006, 10:48 PM
man your car is fucking awsome, would have cost so fu cking much money.

tom210
10th April 2006, 10:59 PM
man your car is fucking awsome, would have cost so fu cking much money.[/b]

You'd be suprised, when i said i did it all myself i meant i did it all myself, i know every nut and bolt in this car why? because i've had my hand on every single one of them. Don't get me wrong it hasn't come cheap but if i had to pay for it to be done it would have cost at least triple, but if i were to do it again i would save thousands because i know what to do and what not to do. If you guys were going to buy a car like this what would you pay for it?

aaaaah
10th April 2006, 11:52 PM
Awesome car and fantastic to see that you did all the work yourself.

tom210
11th April 2006, 12:07 AM
I'm thinking of building cars like this to sell, most likely 86's and homda's due to them being what i know the most about, i know i could never get my money back on this car and nor would i want to try but i would like to help people get closer to there dreams so if any one out there needs something done or wants to know how just ask me and i'll do my best to help you all out

driftae86
11th April 2006, 02:56 AM
crikey

best word to describe what im thinking

omy
11th April 2006, 03:23 AM
Who tuned the car http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/biggrin.gif

AE86slut
11th April 2006, 10:05 AM
Beau, this is the sort of car any hachi owner's dreams are made of. Fantastic dude! Did you end up fitting that dash I sold you? You've gotta bring it up so I can have a real good look at it one day, plus show me your watts linkage as I'm nutting out designs myself at the moment.

Cheers,

Jeremy.

selk
11th April 2006, 10:06 AM
very nice, howd u get the n2 kit ?

3sglevin
11th April 2006, 10:15 AM
Well done mate this is a nice car, I would like to know more about the watts link?

GTVAE86
11th April 2006, 10:59 AM
If you guys were going to buy a car like this what would you pay for it?[/b]

I would say its worth over $20,000 to buy outright, its pretty much a brand new street legal race car. Thats what I would pay, if I were to buy it.

But I am happy with what I have.

slydar
11th April 2006, 02:31 PM
just reminds me how many awesome cars there are out there that no one even knows about.

mostly doing all the own work on my cars i can really appreciate how much work has gone into that.. amazing.

are the wheels performance alloys? if so they look nice all painted black.

i really would have thought though that your cage would be illegal for visibility reasons. like you said its already engineered though so youre set, but i know if you presented that to some engineers.. they might tell you youre dreaming. with anything its not impossible to bend the rules ofcourse, epecially if youre connected http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif is there any triangulation into the strut towers?

anyway, i am really psyced i got my new shell now after seeing this, props to you!

JoshKE
11th April 2006, 03:28 PM
If you guys were going to buy a car like this what would you pay for it?[/b]

I reckon it would be up round 18k assuming its all engineered and rego ready id say thats one of the best hatchi's in australia!

COS61AE86RACER
11th April 2006, 03:55 PM
One word "Beautiful"

Like Justin I'm keen to know some more about the Watts link setup

Nice car indeed " makes me want to look at putting the N2 kit onto mine

Regards
Chris O

slydar
11th April 2006, 04:13 PM
its worth more than 18k i think. as long as all the race style modifications are functional (ie they work).

tom210
11th April 2006, 07:07 PM
Heres my front brake conversion it's a wilwood 305mm rotor and a r32 gtr front caliper stops well[attachment=2482:attachment]
Here's the bottom of my struts note the rca and the pillow ball joint with my custom lower control arms and caster rods, pity about the scratch's
[attachment=2483:attachment]
[attachment=2484:attachment]
Now thats a red line although i've been told i can take it higher but there's no point at the moment [attachment=2485:attachment]
This is the engine bay now that i've cleaned it up a bit more
[attachment=2487:attachment]
And if all goes to plan this is what it should look like after the respray maybe
[attachment=2493:attachment]

tom210
11th April 2006, 07:13 PM
Beau, this is the sort of car any hachi owner's dreams are made of. Fantastic dude! Did you end up fitting that dash I sold you? You've gotta bring it up so I can have a real good look at it one day, plus show me your watts linkage as I'm nutting out designs myself at the moment.

Cheers,

Jeremy.[/b]

Hey there jeremy how you been can't help but notice your head in drift battle i love your nos install wonder how mine would handle it, nah didn't end up using it because it wouldn't fit a slight miscalculation with the master cylinders up behind there. I'll be sure to bring it up and see you, do you think there would be any mags interested in doing a feature once it's done, not asking for any favours i just curious as you see these sort of things all day long. How's yours going any way got it all running and sorted yet, i know these things take time

tom210
11th April 2006, 07:21 PM
And just to prove the kit is genuine this is what is moulded into the flares and front lip
[attachment=2495:attachment]

E V A N
11th April 2006, 07:45 PM
I want to have your children
NOW

tom210
11th April 2006, 08:24 PM
I'm not to sure how that will work out evan, i think my other half when there talking to me may have a complaint

[attachment=2500:attachment]

ae86 drifter
11th April 2006, 08:50 PM
pure heaven right there

Klutch
11th April 2006, 10:49 PM
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/huh.gif
*Speechless*

..Insane..

tom210
11th April 2006, 11:04 PM
just want to thank everyone for there comments it's good to hear so many people appreciate something i have done, so thank you, just wish i could make it to the track day to unleash fury, would be interesting wonder how it drifts haha

[attachment=2508:attachment]

Little Jon
12th April 2006, 09:11 AM
these would sell in japan for SO MUCH MONEY

By the way, this car is extraordinary!

AE86slut
12th April 2006, 09:52 AM
Hey there jeremy how you been can't help but notice your head in drift battle i love your nos install wonder how mine would handle it, nah didn't end up using it because it wouldn't fit a slight miscalculation with the master cylinders up behind there. I'll be sure to bring it up and see you, do you think there would be any mags interested in doing a feature once it's done, not asking for any favours i just curious as you see these sort of things all day long. How's yours going any way got it all running and sorted yet, i know these things take time[/b]

Hahaha... They didn't want the NAWZZZ hooked up that way for some reason... Not sure why http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/rant.gif lol

Check your PM dude. http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/wink.gif

RobertoX
12th April 2006, 01:00 PM
you are a fucking wanker, what about our wedding?? huh, i thought you were pregnant! you can have that dress, you betrayed me evan, i hope karma gets you before i do.....

I want to have your children
NOW[/b]

dori_86
12th April 2006, 01:09 PM
never have been a huge fan of the N2 but this looks HOT

20vtouge86
12th April 2006, 04:59 PM
speechless... http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/blink.gif WOW! http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/2thumbs.gif

LordNafe
12th April 2006, 09:32 PM
Dude that is one very well set up car! I'm loving it all! The high output 20v, the suspension/chassis... everything!!
Well done!

Bustin_86
13th April 2006, 10:28 AM
mate, you are my hero.

tom210
14th April 2006, 10:31 PM
This is my front coil over kit which i made with custom king springs and a one off set of koni inserts and noltec camber tops
[attachment=2597:attachment]

verm69
14th April 2006, 11:15 PM
jesus....

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/ohmy.gif

xero
14th April 2006, 11:27 PM
oh my.... BOIOIOIOIOIOINNNNGGGGG!!!!!

ArJay
15th April 2006, 12:11 AM
This rocks....

Was the chassis spot welded etc when you were prepping it?

R:)

tom210
15th April 2006, 12:29 AM
yeah the car is fully seem welded

ArJay
15th April 2006, 01:07 AM
yeah the car is fully seem welded[/b]

Fark....how many hours you reckon this buildup took you, bro?

Any chance we could see some video of it in action at the sprints? I'm currently getting mine ready for some sprint meets (nowhere even close ur beast) and would love to see how you fare against other makes/ cars etc.

BOZ what do you recommend for a light tune suspension wise? Not got the cash ATM to outlay on coilovers and I don't think I've got the skill anyway at this point to warrant them. Got any tips/pointers? Currently running 6kg fronts and 4.5kg rears with short strokes...

What do you reckon is the best bang for buck?

Cheers mate
Rory http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif

tom210
15th April 2006, 01:35 AM
Arjay i wish i could put up some vid's but mine isn't finished yet either, i'm working on it though, and to tell you the truth you don't need a great deal to start off with just a decent set of springs and shocks and then as you improve as a driver you improve your car to match you don't need to spend heaps of cash and if your in a car club i'm sure they can help out with recomendations of where to get work done, but what you need to understand is what your car is doing while you drive it and the way you want it to drive, everyone wants to go faster but you need to work out the way you wish to do it, eg, your car might drive great to you, but if someone else were to drive it they may not like it, this doesn't mean your car is bad it just means the other person may not know how to use it as well as you. So start at the beginning and work your way through shocks, springs, camber, caster, height, etc... tyres also play a huge part even 2-3psi difference in the tyre's change the way the car works

ArJay
15th April 2006, 01:51 AM
Cheers man....

That's fantastic advice and pretty much what I'll plan on doing, get to know the car better. My thoughts are if I add too much trick stuff right from the start then I won't know what's doing what when it comes time to fine tune settings etc... small steps I guess.

And besides...it's all about the love, right!

Thanks for the pointers bro....keep picking ur brains now and then if that's cool.

R:)

tom210
16th April 2006, 10:36 PM
[size=1][size=1][size=1]Here's a pic from the front minus front lip but you get the general idea
[attachment=2657:attachment]

tom210
16th April 2006, 10:52 PM
The only fat arse end you'll ever see me get excited about
[attachment=2658:attachment]

Oh and by the way the wheels are simmons B45's powder coated in gun metal grey

.wolfwood
18th April 2006, 12:25 AM
that pic looks kool from the front how it teases you about all your custom made stuff, all painted sexy in blue.

SprinterTRD
18th April 2006, 12:44 AM
It is nice and low, did you lift it up to get it registered?

roadsailing
18th April 2006, 12:48 AM
keeper spring should be on top, less unsprung weight http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif

do the equal length trailing arms make much of a difference to handling/traction?

SprinterTRD
18th April 2006, 12:55 AM
keeper spring should be on top, less unsprung weight http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif

do the equal length trailing arms make much of a difference to handling/traction?[/b]

It would'nt make that much difference

roadsailing
18th April 2006, 12:58 AM
i know, thats why i said http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif

SprinterTRD
18th April 2006, 01:01 AM
java script:emoticon(':2thumbs:', 'smid_6')
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/2thumbs.gif

mc68
18th April 2006, 02:08 AM
my word...that is just awesome my friend....

tom210
19th April 2006, 12:21 AM
the equal length arms help the diff to keep equal geomatry through out it's travel (pinion angle), the helper springs they were how i was told to set them up i'm not puting crap on you and i'm not sure of your history, but the mate who supplied the springs and shocks to me has been doing this a very long time and i'm 100% confident in his setup, however i will ask and double check and question his reasoning why he does it that way, yes the car needs to be lifted for rego, a pain but not to bad

aaaaah
19th April 2006, 01:33 AM
the equal length arms help the diff to keep equal geomatry through out it's travel (pinion angle), the helper springs they were how i was told to set them up i'm not puting crap on you and i'm not sure of your history, but the mate who supplied the springs and shocks to me has been doing this a very long time and i'm 100% confident in his setup, however i will ask and double check and question his reasoning why he does it that way, yes the car needs to be lifted for rego, a pain but not to bad[/b]
The springs comment was just a joke http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif

mc68
19th April 2006, 02:11 AM
your cage, is it chrome moly or other?

im getting the inkling that this is a $40,000 ae86 and the like http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif

SprinterTRD
19th April 2006, 02:16 AM
Wouldnt be that bad, he did most of the work himself

mr2drift
19th April 2006, 02:18 AM
very nice indeed... top effort

mc68
19th April 2006, 02:19 AM
yeah but you'd know that everything ads up dude, with you building such a car youself...i mean look at that box covering up the fuel cell...id love to have a peek at whats under it http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif

SprinterTRD
19th April 2006, 02:25 AM
It can add up quickly.. way to quick I hate to think how much I have spent and its still not finished!!

Hmm under the box would be a tank lift pump, high pressure pump, surge tank and a lot of fittings, on my car I fitted all that stuff in the tank.

mc68
19th April 2006, 02:36 AM
hehehe, i knew what was under there, but love isnt blind for me, i have to gaze over things of such beauty http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/biggrin.gif

do not add it up!

my last count was 10k and thats with no form of reconstruction whatso ever...thats just parts and spares in preparation http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/sad.gif

anyway, if the cage is chrome moly, id like to know how u got it signed off http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif

SprinterTRD
19th April 2006, 01:22 PM
Hmmm 10K I recon Ive spent that 3 times!! (not thst I am couting)

It dosent matter what the cage is made out of it still needs to be sighned off if the car dosent already have a log book.

tom210
19th April 2006, 08:26 PM
yes the car still needs to be logbooked, and yeah i owes me alot more than i'd like to admit, the cage is steel so if i bend it i can put it on a rack and pull it, believe it or not most V8 super cars run steel as well for that very same reason, i'll get some more pics up here soon for you all

mc68
19th April 2006, 08:42 PM
Hmmm 10K I recon Ive spent that 3 times!! (not thst I am couting)

It dosent matter what the cage is made out of it still needs to be sighned off if the car dosent already have a log book.[/b]

actually it does...a standard cold steel cage costs about 4-500 to sign off, yet chrome moly designs need to be put into simulation in CAD'....so u can wave good buy to another 1500 bucks....

made me change my mind about getting a chrome moly cage...

tom210
21st April 2006, 06:22 PM
For all the people interested this is whats under the the lid of the box
[attachment=2780:attachment]

KE70Drifter
21st April 2006, 06:42 PM
PORN http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif very very tasty, and so clean http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif

tom210
25th April 2006, 11:51 AM
thanks heaps again everyone glad you all like it

ae86 drifter
25th April 2006, 12:00 PM
thats aaaaawwwwwwwwwweeeeeesssssssssooooooooooommmmmmmmm eeeeeeeeee
lol

.wolfwood
25th April 2006, 12:33 PM
what a beast, so jelous

tom210
26th April 2006, 07:05 PM
nothing to be jealous of boys, anyone could build a car like this

mc68
26th April 2006, 10:23 PM
yeah these just that factor or time X money = n2 car

i lack mostly the latter http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif

slydar
27th April 2006, 12:03 AM
didnt he say it was like a 3 year build? if youre dedicated you could build something similar with a pretty small disposable income over 3 years..

damo101
27th April 2006, 12:40 AM
dam dats hot

tom210
27th April 2006, 10:46 PM
It wasn't the money that was the problem it was the time taken to research and work out parts amd how to make them all fit together properly, and most of all make it safe i believe i have done this and yes it does cost money but who cares about what it cost, it's all about what you get out of it

20vtouge86
28th April 2006, 01:46 AM
So how long till it hits the track?
Is there anything left to finish?
PLEASE make sure you get us some vid footage of this beast in action!!

driftae86
28th April 2006, 09:40 PM
this car has inspired me to repair my 86 and make it a long term project to use on track.

wait and see if im just going through a phase or not http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif

driftae86
10th May 2006, 02:49 AM
happy birthday mr n2 man http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/wink.gif

tom210
13th May 2006, 09:59 AM
happy birthday mr n2 man http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/wink.gif[/b]

Thanks for that, just wish i was driving the car fibreglass man fucking me around alot. Also to jusy found out some information about my engine, it was in fact built to Group A spec by those lovely people at TOMS, how fucken good is that no wonder it makes more power than other 20v's. I was thinking of rebuilding this one better but i think i may leave this one alone due to it's rairity, so i'm now on the lookout for another BT20v

Slippy
15th May 2006, 08:20 PM
Your car is stupidly good! Looks like nothing is untouched.
Cudo's for doing it yourself aswell.
Sorry to Hijack your thread but I though I would give your car a friend http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif

Love the white to. I mine were to be sprayed I was thinking white and now after seeing yours I would have no doubt!!
WELL DONE!

marvin
17th May 2006, 08:45 PM
Congratulations on a car well built, I was going to do mine the same, in the N2 stlye, but due to the very 80's style opted for the CBY sleek look, but take nothing away from the N2 style, I love it, well done again, and hope to catch you at a race meeting some day.

Have you thought about doing Targa Tasmania, even in the Through Bred catagory, would be a blast and you get to run as hard as you want for 6 days around Tassie, I am thinking of taking mine accross next year for it.

mc68
17th May 2006, 11:28 PM
just a question Raceflo (sorry i dont know your name)

but would the 'group n' (sorta) allow your full house ae86 to compete at the targa?

marvin
17th May 2006, 11:32 PM
The thorough breed sports section alows for heavily modified cars to run in the event, but you dont get times posted and you dont a trophy.

tom210
18th May 2006, 02:34 AM
Hey yeah i have thought about it but i would want to be a lil more confident in the car and myself to warrant my entry, I want to spend a lot of time on the handling package, as well as my own development mostly physical as i'm sure some of you are well aware the mental and physical strain of such an event could be devistating and i have a lil bit to much invested to see it all go to waste.

tom210
18th June 2006, 09:02 PM
hey all been out of action for a while, and the car had to suffer still not quite there yet a few minor things to go, repaint some bits and pieces, fit new exhaust, wheel alignment, fit adjustable rear arms wheel alignment and then rego, but i can see work being busy so that will hold me up but i'm trying my hardest to finish

nos4ag
20th June 2006, 12:50 PM
You have a PM Beau!! http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif

tom210
2nd August 2006, 07:07 PM
The new extractors and exhaust have been fitted to my car, after a short drive a few angles and several donuts, all appears to be much better. The extractors now measure 1 3/4" primaries, and the exhaust itself is now a big 3".
[attachment=5391:attachment]

While car was appart head was removed and given a full sevice, courtesy of a die grinder, and a mill to redeck it all when i finished the ports and combustion chambers. Now all back together i have a static comp ratio of 12.5:1, combustion chambers are all polished, valves were weight balanced and given a five angle cut. Just saving now for bigger cams and some gears to go with it. Here's a pic of the engine bay now.
[attachment=5392:attachment]

Now have also fitted the rear equal length kit that i made. With cromoly arms and rod ends the strength is definately there not to mention a lil bit lighter than steel. definately need the touch up paint
[attachment=5393:attachment]

Now that the end of this build is getting closer and my list of things to do is shrinking fast i'm looking for something else to build. Obviously it will be an 86 but with a twist in the engine department, i will be building the new one to sell so if anyone want's something different let me know.

redsprinter
2nd August 2006, 08:37 PM
hey dude, just reading up on thread love your car. tho think ive seen it. do you live near pinic point??? cause i go fish there sometimes and i drive pass a house with a sprinter park at the front. its white. and it look like it was in the prcess of a build. if so i would love to check it out one day. loooooveeeee it

defect
2nd August 2006, 08:50 PM
damn, never a fan of n2 kits, but this 86 has to have it to look so hawwwt

mc68
2nd August 2006, 10:11 PM
can i have some private time with this car? i promise i wont last long :| http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/wink.gif

.wolfwood
2nd August 2006, 10:16 PM
^^ haha lol

selk
2nd August 2006, 10:18 PM
lol ........
dream engine bay u got there mate

poh_86
2nd August 2006, 11:29 PM
hey bo, nice car man

Bensonius
3rd August 2006, 12:03 AM
sick

drewx
3rd August 2006, 10:56 PM
awesome set-up.

you have been pm'd with a few questions if you don't mind answering them.

tom210
9th August 2006, 07:58 PM
I can tell you all that the car now handles completely different due to the new four link, the rear now squats and tractions up very well, however you can still get it to slide when you want to. The car feels very nice and solid. When playing silly buggers it's very predictable and quite easy to control, i found minimal counter steer is needed. and the new diff ratios WOW, just put in a set of 4.788 i got from spirits. This thing accelerates nicely, not to mention the third gear helis http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/2thumbs.gif I can't wait to get this on the road i think it will definately shock and suprise a few people

R1CHYY
9th August 2006, 09:34 PM
man this car is amazing, congrats on the overall standard of quality man! get some nice poser pics up, i need a new background! http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif

tom210
9th August 2006, 09:45 PM
yeah i am trust me, one of my mates is currently seeing a FHM Model (lucky bastard) and i've ran it past her so hopefully it will be nice. And i get to choose her outfit, which has to be minimal of course hahaha http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/wink.gif

mc68
9th August 2006, 11:21 PM
thats it
im cutting the holes in my sprinter tommorow night http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/biggrin.gif

xero
10th August 2006, 11:10 AM
bozo, that four link set up look disturbingly similar to beau yates set up...
where did the idea for it come from?

i mean no dissrespect what so ever, as far as i know that could be common design...

tom210
10th August 2006, 06:43 PM

i mean no dissrespect what so ever, as far as i know that could be common design...[/b]

Well it probably is i have no idea what beau yates setup looks like never seen the car up close, i'm sure there are a few differences between the two i didn't show all of what i've done. And the design is nothing new people have been using this type of setup for years, hell my dad did it back in the 70's on his race car.

I can see why yates would have done this setup makes the car handle far better than the standard setup.

TRD used this setup in the 80's on the N2 AE86's.

trueno86
10th August 2006, 06:47 PM
and beau runs a altezza diff as well so no its not a copy of bozo's car
but whos cares if everyone copies its only way to improve and by copying people and improving on that if possible and customized to your specifications

mc68
10th August 2006, 11:04 PM

i mean no dissrespect what so ever, as far as i know that could be common design...[/b]

mate, escorts have been doing that since the 70's. beau didnt invent it.

tom210
10th August 2006, 11:29 PM
but whos cares if everyone copies its only way to improve and by copying people and improving on that if possible and customized to your specifications[/b]

Are you sure he's running an ALTEZZA diff they are irs, i heard it was a tarago diff

roadsailing
11th August 2006, 12:06 AM
<{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=253131)

but whos cares if everyone copies its only way to improve and by copying people and improving on that if possible and customized to your specifications[/b]

Are you sure he's running an ALTEZZA diff they are irs, i heard it was a tarago diff
[/b]

meh, there is no such thing as an original idea in cars, especially when it comes to such an archaic thing as al ive axle.

bozo, you are running whiteline swaybars right? see if you can use spherical bearings/ball joints to mount the ends rather than the S hooks and bushes, should tighten it up a fair bit and allow you to pre-load the bar if you want to.

also watch the front bar doesnt rub on the tyres like mine does, but for real racing you don;t need to use full lock (as much as you do in drift)

86er
11th August 2006, 01:30 AM
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/2thumbs.gif http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/2thumbs.gif exellent project this is sick are u mass producing any of ur products like the adjustable front arts and the coil overs or the watts linkage or eqaul length rear end kit lol, this car is sick im also swapping in a blcktop so interested to see ur updated dyno with tat HUGE 3in exhaust wow, i love the headers too ake mine look plane lol heres a pic of my motor

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/112119.jpg

20vtouge86
11th August 2006, 02:21 AM
This would have to be the best 86 in Aus without a doubt! http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/2thumbs.gif
Kiiechi would be envious of this car!!! http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/laugh.gif
Why aren't you keeping the Tom's 20v? besides maybe an open wheeler i couldn't think of anything better to put it in!

mc68
11th August 2006, 02:32 AM
all the front end is toyota genuine i believe http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/wink.gif

i still want to know how u got ur hands on n2/grp A bits http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif

i asked beau what he was running in the back at mallalalalalalala LAH, and if i can remember its a f series from an ms110/112 crown

tom210
13th August 2006, 02:51 AM
i'm not sure who's front end you are refering too, i know all the stuff in my car was manufactured by myself everything in my car was made by me come to think of it. And yes the whiteline swaybar links are long gone i'm running rod ends. And as for the best in aus i'm not too sure about that there is alot of nice examples over here.

And the engine, yeah as i said before never planned to keep it in there for ever, just getting all the bit's together now for the new one, as well as the new gear box to handle it.

tom210
13th August 2006, 03:01 AM
all the front end is toyota genuine i believe http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/wink.gif

i still want to know how u got ur hands on n2/grp A bits http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif

i asked beau what he was running in the back at mallalalalalalala LAH, and if i can remember its a f series from an ms110/112 crown[/b]

How did i find the bit's, well thats simple a whole lot of googling and a lot of patience, i learn if you want somethings you just have to wait a little bit

mc68
13th August 2006, 09:13 PM
oh i thought the front end was GRP. A...my mistake mate...

well you did a top notch job getting them to where they are...you know ill be interested if u ever decide to re manufacture those

trd16l
13th August 2006, 10:54 PM
Nice car mate http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/2thumbs.gif

LOVE YOUR WORK!!!!! would love to see it on the track
Where did you get the trd gaurds from?
Thanks

xero
14th August 2006, 11:17 AM
<{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=253021)

mate, escorts have been doing that since the 70's. beau didnt invent it.
[/b]

i never said he invented it... i just said i LOOKED similar... for all i friggen know it could be completely different... as you can tell, they are not always forthcoming with exact details...

as for escorts been doing it since the 70s, im only 25, i wasnt even thought of in the 70s... http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif

ghetto ke
13th June 2007, 05:00 PM
Tsuchiya would be proud! Looks the business - well done!!! You made the cage yourself?
I like the Simmons B45s - gives it a little Aussie flavour http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/wink.gif

ghetto ke
13th June 2007, 05:00 PM
^^ not sure what happened to the pics? they were there in da preview

Sprinterboy
13th June 2007, 08:44 PM
Now thats a red line although i've been told i can take it higher but there's no point at the moment [attachment=2485:attachment][/b]

With the dash you made up, can you give me some pointers and any dramas you had with the RTA and alike?

I have a set of gauges that I want to fit up and replace all the stock ones. but my head is doing me in on the smaller wiring things, like the indicator flashing green lights and all that etc etc.

Cheers

J

tom210
14th December 2007, 01:01 AM
hey all been so stupidly busy with work and rebuilding the car it's not funny, with new parts and body mods. the car hasn't been driven in so long it's depressing me. i'll post some pics up here soon for you all to see

hachirusto
16th December 2007, 06:29 PM
looking forward to seeing more photos

samoo
16th December 2007, 09:51 PM
mmmmmmm blacktop.... looking sweet mate

samoo
16th December 2007, 09:51 PM

Benny
22nd December 2007, 11:25 PM
PICS! UPDATES!

When you get a chance, shoot me a PM about the guards... I'm very keen on 2 sets!

tom210
6th January 2008, 01:12 AM
Hey all i'm still overseas and haven't even seen my car for a month so i thought i'd come on here and updat some pics for you all

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/162064.jpg
I had to widen front guards a fair bit for new wheel tyre combo

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/162065.jpg
New side skirts to blend it all in

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/162066.jpg
a veiw from another angle

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/162067.jpg
and another

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/162068.jpg
heres a shot of the headers and the new strut tower bars that come from the main cabin and rollcage

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/162069.jpg
a better view of the bar

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/162070.jpg
here it is the source of all the evil got some width

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/162071.jpg
nice

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/162072.jpg
and a big bad GT wing for more downforce, the car was always to light in the rear

hope you all like can't wait to go home and finish it all off

tom210
6th January 2008, 01:23 AM
the car has also been on a substantial weight loss diet to get it as close to minimum weight as humenly possible

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/162073.jpg
i love removing metal

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/162074.jpg
the doors are just a little over 8kg's each now this will do until i can afford something better

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/162075.jpg
speed holes

stefan
6th January 2008, 01:24 AM
damm super cool car

ghetto ke
6th January 2008, 11:58 AM
mmm swiss cheese 86 ^_^ how much is it down to ~800kg?