As promised.

What you need.

Hot Soapy water
Oil
Rag
SuperCheap (super shit) ring compressor
Hammer/Plyers
Time.....

Ok, so firt go and install the rings onto the pistons, im not going to bother becuse there step by step on the pack.

Then wash you bored with some hot soapy water, clean all the crap that built up off it and all the old oil, honing greese and shit.

When you think its clean get a white rag with some clean oil on it and see if it comes out clean, if not keep trying.

Jason
16th May 2006, 06:34 PM
Oil you shitty ring compressor so the piston can get out smooth

Now, get your shitty ring compressor and tighen it up.

Line up the end of the compressor about were the little ridge on were the gudgen pin sits.

Jason
16th May 2006, 06:41 PM
Now for the bad bit

I carnt stress enough do not force the piston in. I did this and i snaped an oil ring, really gay waiting 1 week too get another one.

Ok line your piston up to thr front, the arrow goes to the crank wheel.

Slowy feed the piston down into the bore, with the aid of some new engine oil.

Now slowy tap the compressor into the tapped bit of the bore, you must not be able to see any part of the piston otherwise the oil ring will slip out (found out the hard way....)

So slowy push down with your tumbs and the piston so slip in, with a bit of resistance.

This will take a long or short time and probly have to try a couple time before you get it in i know i did

ANy way...

Jason
16th May 2006, 06:46 PM
O btw make sure you have installed the conrod bearings http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif

Once you have got it in, line it up with the crank and install the rod cap.

The torque for the bolts is : 49-nm

Done!

Me>56k

cuzzo
17th May 2007, 12:10 AM
fix the pics?

Klutch
17th May 2007, 03:54 PM
fix the pics?[/b]
Was made in 2006 dude, pics are probably taken down/expired.

Jonny Rochester
17th May 2007, 08:23 PM
I can't even remember back to 2006.

cuzzo
18th May 2007, 05:05 PM
i need to know if the rods marking should be point the front of the engine or the back. Front=crank pulley back=clutch ??

Brendo
18th May 2007, 05:59 PM
pretty sure the arrows point to the front ie. crank pulley...its been a little while since i pulled an engine down