PDA

View Full Version : 20v ke70

spoon
23rd May 2006, 02:20 PM
Ok cars running now - love it - goes hard, revs hard and is heaps fun! stuff the sr's, 20v's the way to go!

engine's running standard engine management, so had to extend the loom, which took ages, and am running a DLI box so i can get rid of the distributer and run coil packs.

ill put some better pics up wen i get them off my mates computer. these are just phone shots for now!

car started with just a stocker 4k, 5speed, got it with 140000 km, off one grandma owner - bless her!
now has -

t18 diff with skyline discs on the rear and whiteline adjustable panhard rod
15" mags will get pics up later,
ae86 engine crossmember and t50
ae71 clutch setup, gearbox crossmember
ae101 silvertop
DLI box
ae86 flywheel, clutch (20v was auto)
manual 20v computer & loom
trd copy extractors
4agze coilpacks
2x 20v igniters
water re-distribution kit
4ac starter motor - now 4age the 4ac carked it after about a week!
vl fuel pump
custom plenum (or whatever you wanna call it surge tank etc)
bigger radiator (out of sprinter i think)
mandrel bend 2 1/4" exhaust

bout it really

MARKE70
23rd May 2006, 03:03 PM
Awesome man. this thing looks great. will go well.

In your opinion do you reckon its worth goin 20V over 16?

good work man http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tup.gif

Medicine_Man
23rd May 2006, 03:08 PM
Looks good so far http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/2thumbs.gif

Keep the pics coming!

spoon
23rd May 2006, 03:39 PM
in my opinion, i reckon sr20's the way to go! -no mucking round fwd to rwd, not too involved, heaps of torque but then again i havent been in a 20v yet!

Medicine_Man
23rd May 2006, 03:48 PM
I've driven a 16v 4AGE KE70 with issues and it still went hard, 20V should be a screamer..

v-tec
23rd May 2006, 04:04 PM
should be awesome!

looking good mate

rb_sil80
23rd May 2006, 05:42 PM
in my opinion, i reckon sr20's the way to go! -no mucking round fwd to rwd, not too involved, heaps of torque but then again i havent been in a 20v yet![/b]

duuuddeeee just wait til you drive it.

ill give u a call in a few weeks, and ill show u something to look forward to http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif ehehehe

and i would never got sr20

too heavy

yucky nissan motor

slide86
23rd May 2006, 05:45 PM
wont rev like a 20v will they ^ http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/biggrin.gif
project looks good.

ae86 slide
23rd May 2006, 09:55 PM
what was the deal with skyline disks on t18 rear, sounds interesting

spoon
24th May 2006, 01:56 PM
Bought the diff with the disc setup already done. Aparrently its a pretty easy upgrade, it has new brackets welded to the axle housing for the calipers and spacers to offset the discs a bit (bout 5-10mm from memory). All looks pretty neat but one of the calipers is leaking even after putting a kit through it - might have to go get another caliper - sposed to be pretty common problem. no internal drums on the discs though so thats a bit of a let down but otherwise its alright!!

spoon
29th May 2006, 12:24 AM
some more pics up, got the extractors modified for 20v, mates brother did a preemo job with them as you might be able to see! other than that, still trying to work out how to wire up the old loom to the new one then thats that! have to do fuel stuff too - hopefully its not too hard!

madnzer
29th May 2006, 09:45 PM
the extractors look great mate! your mates brother does some good work.

just wonderin... why did you choose the silvertop 20V 4age over the 4agze? and where bouts did you get the engine from?

anyway, keep up the good work http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif

spoon
20th June 2006, 02:52 PM
guess i jus chose the 20v cos it was there... pretty much no other reason, but should be fun. Finished all the wiring but havent done anything for the past week, - been in hospital after stacking my motorbike...

got the fuel lines all hooked up temporarily and tried starting the engine but its not working. checked for spark and its got plenty of that, so just gotta check all the stuff like whether the correct wires are sparking, and whether im acually getting fuel pressure (pretty sure thats good) and making sure the injectors are pulsing, but il get onto that.

still waiting for my plenum of Slydar, taking a long time, been over a month now, but theres no real rush as im not that mobile!

other than that its almost done!

rb_sil80
20th June 2006, 03:17 PM
Theres only one problem with the skyline discs is they dont like to lock up at high speed when you reef up the hand brake to initiate a drift.

spoon
20th June 2006, 04:06 PM
yeah thats true, but apparently it can be fixed (to an extent) by just usung better brake pads - otherwise gotta just use compression lockup!

spoon
18th August 2006, 04:05 PM
got this thing running last week... so much fun, light weight and a powerful revvy na engine - perfect combo! absolutely love it! plus the sleeper factor catches lots of people off guard! just need to neaten up a few things and she'll be sweet! pics up in a minute

E V A N
18th August 2006, 07:26 PM
Can't see pics

RB20DET_Silvia
19th August 2006, 04:04 AM
Cant see pics.....and high speed compression locks are not the best for your gear box....or what will be left of it.

- Luke

stahlz_ae86
6th September 2006, 02:43 AM
Can't see pics either...

spoon
25th September 2006, 07:15 PM
finally got some pics up, cars a bit dirty n theres still some things (like wiring) to neaten up but you get the idea!

stahlz_ae86
26th September 2006, 12:38 AM
Ooooooo XX model luxury lol.

Where did you get the front bar from? NZ?

spoon
26th September 2006, 11:23 AM
got the bar from ajps, just need a rear one to finish it off!

monkey
26th September 2006, 01:27 PM
nice lookin KE man http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif
pretty cleen.. 20vFTW http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif hehe

keep up the good work

tin can
5th October 2006, 01:26 PM
yo men
spoon its jess man i gave u the gearbox bracket for the rolla .

coming along nice man i think u saw my bar and said i have to have one
what i did with may rear bar is used a t-18 one and bolted it on but what u could do is cut the ends of and get some hilux/4runner end caps or wait 2-3 weeks for me to get some gen ones from japan

thanks jess

spoon
20th December 2006, 11:08 AM
just got a autronic sm2... might go a bit faster now hopefully!

ke70dave
20th December 2006, 03:37 PM
ohhh autronic eh, ive been lookin at those things, let us know how it goes!

also give me your bumper....

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif

hahaboy
26th December 2006, 12:40 AM
how you did the dli conversion ?
mind to share ?

spoon
2nd January 2007, 12:49 PM
bit of a stuff around doing the dli conversion - i recommend just getting an aftermarket computer - alot of cutting and splicing and not much cheaper than using a complete aftermarket computer.

The kit consists of a DLI converter which basically is a box which tricks the computer into thinking it still has a distributer - it then outputs a signal to the igniters then coils etc.

but if you're still keen i'll probably be getting rid of my setup soon!

spoon
8th April 2007, 08:56 PM
just did suspension over thursday,friday... it is awesome and still not finished! Everyone should invest in good suspension! I did s13 conversion with custom coilover struts. Car honestly feels like a gokart now and there is still lots to do!

At the moment i have sr20det brakes, s13 hubs and lcas, ra60 rack ends, bluebird tierod ends, stock castor rods and swaybars and custom coilovers with kyb agx shocks 6kg springs and stock ke70 strut tops.

Used the commodore wagon rear shocks - was the easiest upgrade ever!
still gotta do rear springs 4kg, flare guards and lower the car all round.

6kg springs are surprisingly good to drive on - thought itd make the car alot stiffer (bouncier) but its really good!

heres some pics i took at my mates house to show extra track wit an indication of lock too.