PDA

View Full Version : Good diff shop

stylz
23rd December 2008, 12:46 AM
heya guys, just having some odd problems with my rear end (kaaz 2way) and i cant seem to figure it out
im thinking its the crown and pinion gear as im getting some pretty harsh sounds, vibrations from the rear end when ever i turn slightly.
going in a straight line its all fine, but as soon as i have to turn a corner and a gear is engaged it just shudders and makes awefull sounds.

ive taken the axles out, and they are perfect, taken the diff out and taken it apart and its all fine as well. no damaged teeth on either of them or the crown and pinion :/

its been happening last saturday, replaced the rear end bushes with some peders stuff as they ones on the car were flogged out hard. and i had a decent session saturday night, and since then its just been getting worse and worse and i cant track it down :/

so anyone know any decent differential places that are located in the south east preferably?
thanks guys, much appreciated -arthur *sorry for long post* :p

ae86
23rd December 2008, 02:15 AM
as far as im aware from basic posts from previous forums if its getting noisy just telling you for an oil change ? that is if its lsd problem, but anyway, theres a guy in sunshine dont know address exactly but he knows ae86's very brief and he can source stuff if u need it and he can do w.e u want / need for diff

rallystanza
23rd December 2008, 06:47 AM
If its a KAAZ mechanical LSD the noises you are getting are normal.

If you want it to get better, do a couple more sessions of the running in fiure 8's, make sure you do them as described. Change the oil with something decent. Its all part of having a diff like that. My KAAZ did it for ages and I ran it in 4 times. It was normally pretty good after that.

You can also get Limslip diff additives which are added to the oil and reduce shuddering between the clutch packs.

If all else fails, then a mechanical jap LSD is not for you, haha!

stylz
23rd December 2008, 07:06 AM
The problem is that ive been driving around with it for a year. Its beem relativly quiet until recently.
I have a kaaz in mine and my bro has his welded, so i know what a locker feels like. But this feels like the rear end is grinding.
This all started on sat and yes ive replaced my diff oil as well

Ksevn-T
23rd December 2008, 11:50 AM
Jack macknamara Diff's (Not sure on spelling)
In Moorabbin. The guy is Magic with diffs. Arrogant F**k though.

Alex

ae86
23rd December 2008, 12:50 PM
rallystanza is spot on, try putting some lsd additive inthere, it quiets down lsds as the clutchpacks get noisy after abuse

JDM_KING
24th December 2008, 10:26 AM
does having a 2 way lsd put strain on the gear box?

Ksevn-T
24th December 2008, 03:40 PM
http://www.mcnamaradiffs.com.au/

stylz
25th December 2008, 11:53 AM
awesome mate, you da besttt

shakes
5th January 2009, 04:34 PM
Jack macknamara Diff's (Not sure on spelling)
In Moorabbin. The guy is Magic with diffs. Arrogant F**k though.

Alex

very true on both counts