PDA

View Full Version : anyone from Townsville?

84AE86
11th March 2009, 11:26 PM
hi just wondering if any 86 owners on here are from Townsville?

Big_Ant
13th March 2009, 09:11 PM
hey mate do u have a blue 86? i have been working in north qld lately and i was passing through and i saw a blue 86 was that yours?

84AE86
14th March 2009, 01:06 AM
yes, mine is blue but not on the road. she needs a couple more things then she will be on the road, hopefully in the next 2 weeks. was the 1 you seen dark blue. i have been in that 1 its a
4agte and is pretty cool. cant remember the owners name though.

Jip86
14th March 2009, 07:05 PM
I'm in Mackay. Pity its 400 kms away...

84AE86
14th March 2009, 08:22 PM
how many 86's are there in Mackay?

Jip86
15th March 2009, 12:06 PM
2 that i know of. Mine and a red stock as adm. I'm pretty sure he has no clue what it is. I have heard (second hand info mind you) that there is a blue levin done up and also a white levin, but neither i or my mates have seen them and the dudes who told me about them don't seem to know much about cars so unless i see them myself i'm doubtful.

Its funny when you meet people and they have no clue what kind of car mine is, (being a trueno doesn't help) or some young fellas who are like "OMG thats an 86, its like a sick old school drifter and shit".

Spose thats what happens when you live in a bogan v8 town.

84AE86
15th March 2009, 11:39 PM
bahahahaha. townsville is abit bettet then that but still has a shit load of v8 bogans...lol

u r lucky u have a trueno, i wish i had 1, u know its funny i used to wish i could own an 86 just any kind would do it was my dream car and now i have one and im stoked and could never sell it, but i still want more now my dream car is a trueno...lol i have only had mine since wednesday. and still need to get it registered but i plan to have it on the road by this weekend.

i also own a supercharged GTi 92 corolla. but she is off the road at the moment aswel, i have had it since 2005.

Jip86
16th March 2009, 05:30 PM
Yeah after owning it for a year i could never sell, it would have to be a pretty special car to trade her in. i guess im more attached because i imported her myself, took 3 months of waiting, normally only 2 but she arrived in oz on the 19/12/07 and didn't come out of the compliance shop untill the 8/2/08 because of christmas shut down.

whats your plans?/ current specs,

mine is currently a stock jdm bigport, t50 and t series diff. tempted to upgrage to a turbo smallport, w58 and f series. i've got the motor (not turbo yet, on stand in shed) and can get a rebuild box for 700 and just got payrise so the future is lookin good.

Also im guessing yours is stock atm would you ever want to upgrade to a bigport and/or disc brake t series, because if my plans go ahead, (im talkin couple of months) they would be for sale. but like i said thats the future and will cross that bridge when i get to it.

84AE86
16th March 2009, 11:12 PM
lol. mine is an ADM 86 at the moment it is stock with the 4AC but im looking at getting a 4AGE 20 valve with quad throttle body and a CAS 2 way mechanical diff. and yes rear disc conversion will on the cards, i will be upgrading the suspension first as i dont like driving a boat. coil overs all round

ill get you some pics when i have a chance.

84AE86
4th April 2009, 10:54 AM
i found someone who lives in townsville with a fully done up panda 86, he only got it on the road yestuday. and he said he is glad there is another 86 in townsville cause he thought he would be the only one driving around in 1.

Clinton
4th April 2009, 10:59 AM
http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/Previews/Powerpuff-Girls-cn01.jpg

84AE86
4th April 2009, 11:21 AM
what the fuck is with the powerpuff girls

Clinton
4th April 2009, 11:42 AM
"AHH, the city of townsville.........IS UNDER ATTACK!!"

lols

84AE86
4th April 2009, 07:04 PM
under attack by 86's...lol all up there are 7 86's that i know of in townsville. 1 fella owns 2 but he has no liscence for another 2 years....lol a girl that works with my mate owns 1 but she doesnt cruise around in it. there is a blue turbo'd one getting around but i havnt seen it in a while.

Sidewinder
17th April 2009, 12:00 PM
I'm in townsville

Loud, webered 5k ke70 in white with jellybeans. usually out most thursday nights etc

Sidewinder
17th April 2009, 12:01 PM
also a mate of mine is up here with a 86 el31 corolla that closeley resembles an ae86. 3ete turbo fwd hatch..like a cross breed of an ae86 trueno and a ae82 in 2 door form with pop up headlights

84AE86
17th April 2009, 06:42 PM
nice. i have met u sidewinder, down breakwater.

84AE86
17th April 2009, 06:43 PM
i want to find out what ben with the panda 86's forum name is.

Sidewinder
17th April 2009, 06:47 PM
ah yep thought that was you. saw you out last night rep'ing the the jellybeans :p

my mate and I seem to keep an eye out for fellow jellybean'ers

the white ae86 used to be known as "turbo6" on the pulse forums up here, and a lot of the work was done by jason broadhurst (turbo_charade on qss). I dont think he is a member on here (tho he may be) as he works overseas a fair bit.

that project started life as a white ke70 funnily enough, then he found a decent 86 shell for cheap IIRC

84AE86
17th April 2009, 07:03 PM
that is ben you are talking about? my jelly beans will be gone soon. i have a set of 15x7 meshies going on it

86coupe
28th April 2009, 06:59 PM
Stain and I are in the Cairns region. Not that far from Townsville. There's also a couple of others up here in various states of disrepair.

I've seen a "spotted" on QSS for a black trueno in Townsville in November last year. I'd be keen on finding out if it lives there or was just passing through.

nelpd96|
28th April 2009, 10:20 PM
Sidewinder is thinking about me, but Ben is the guy that has the blue one that you are thinking about. . Just for the record though all Jason did was help with the wiring and the tune on the adaptronic. I have done the rest of the work including fitting the engine, pipework, suspension and painting. Mine is blue now as well, with any luck i will be back in Townsville at the end of the year. It is probably putting out around 130rwkw at the moment which is heaps for what I need at the sprints.

Cheers
Paul

84AE86
4th May 2009, 02:35 AM
na the Ben i know owns a panda 86. it has a 4agte

DPS 77
25th May 2009, 03:27 PM
Hey, just joined the forum. I`m in townsville too, blue 84 Levin hatch.(still on the gold coast, on its way up in a month or so!). nice to know there`s others up here, thought i`d have to keep driving my SS ute to get spoken to!!!

PS: saw that panda at the movies... dude, it rocks (if you`r reading this)

84AE86
27th May 2009, 06:12 PM
hey man. yeah that panda belongs to my mate Ben. It is awsome, mine will look the same with my own personal touches. you may have seen my ADM 86 getting around. it is light greeny blue and has a big dent behind the drivers door with 13" jelly beans (i have 15" meshies but waiting for tyres.)

84AE86
12th August 2009, 10:41 PM
hey all just letting u know i sold my 86 to fund getting my GTi corolla back on the road, but still interested in meeting people with 86's and *E7*'s in townsville, i still plan to buy another 86 later down the track, as it remains my dream car, just at the moment my pride and joy has to come first.