PDA

View Full Version : Where do Perth people go to get their wheels aligned/balanced?

vivioman
11th March 2009, 11:31 PM
Hi all,

I'm just wondering where perth hachi owners send their cars into for wheel alignments and balancing?

As I am installing lowered springs, shocks and an adjustable pan hard rod, I would like some recommendations to good places to go to (i.e. who know what they are doing).

All recommendations welcome.

narchi
12th March 2009, 12:14 AM
I use beaurepaires in Myaree. They actually listen to what you want ur alignment set as. To many places say yeah ok then set everything so u get better tire wear. See Darren and say Marchi with the Sprinter sent ya.

Jacek
12th March 2009, 12:29 AM
stay away from wilkinsons too

barely touch the settings, and call it "drift setup"

vivioman
12th March 2009, 12:37 AM
Thanks guys, keep the info coming :)

H8CHIR6KU
12th March 2009, 12:59 AM
for absolute quality you can't go past wa suspensions in osbourne park.

i have used them quite a few times and have never walked away unhappy.

i took my mates car to get w/a done at another joint and after 2 trips and 4 hours and a huge swearing fight with the fuckhead doing the wheel alignment, i finally got it done. i shouldve just payed the extra and had a straight forward, well done job at wa suspensions. i won't make that mistake again

Nikkojoe
12th March 2009, 01:11 AM
^^ +1 to that, WA suspensions are a decent group

vivioman
12th March 2009, 01:25 AM
^^ Any particular person to speak to at WA Suspensions?

FLCL
12th March 2009, 01:28 AM
Duncan Nissan do mine... sept when my car isnt high enough off the ground to make it up the hoist... which is all the time :P
Apart from that I go to Wheelsworld in Carbon crt, ozzy park cos they have a pit setup for wheel allignments. Plus John there is an ex-racer. I tell him what numbers I want and provided I'm not dreaming he will dial them in.

Anything other then castor, camber or toe setup I do myself because I have a finely tuned ass which knows when im not getting the most out my suspension. :P

vivioman
12th March 2009, 01:45 AM
Apart from that I go to Wheelsworld in Carbon crt, ozzy park cos they have a pit setup for wheel allignments. Plus John there is an ex-racer. I tell him what numbers I want and provided I'm not dreaming he will dial them in.

yeah I heard about Wheels World from the WRX boys too....they seem to be well known...may consider them also...

but out of interest...Duncan Nissan for wheel alignment/balancing?

H8CHIR6KU
12th March 2009, 02:09 AM
anyone at wa suspensions is good. they do alot of track cars and top quality street cars. they can also do cars that are bullshit low too.

my mate had his 180 done there and that thing scrapes over leaves haha. nah not really but you get the idea.

at the end of the day any clown with a wheel alignment machine and a clue can do a basic wheel alignment for you. if you want more than that take it to people that won't look at you wierd when you want exact settings done.

vivioman
12th March 2009, 11:28 AM
...if you want more than that take it to people that won't look at you wierd when you want exact settings done.

yes exactly...and also those people who tell you it can't be done. :shout:

those are the people/businesses that I want to avoid.

Moebius
12th March 2009, 05:43 PM
Wheels World did a pretty good job on my ae92, from memory a wheel alignment was 70 or 80 bucks.

FLCL
12th March 2009, 08:28 PM
yeah I heard about Wheels World from the WRX boys too....they seem to be well known...may consider them also...

but out of interest...Duncan Nissan for wheel alignment/balancing?

lol yer i work there :) so free alignments for me.

but case in point is if you insist you want certain settings then you either get them or the aligner tells you he got as close as he could to your spec but ran out of adjustment travel.
I had a s13 where i wanted -1 camber on the rears. Wheelsworld adjusted the stock bolt adjustment but was only able to get as low as -1.3 on one side so he evened it out and told me. I was still content at the work.

Matt-AE86
13th March 2009, 01:32 AM
I go to the tyre shop. They do it all.

vivioman
13th March 2009, 05:53 PM
Does anyone know of any shop in WA that does on car wheel balancing?

i.e. the wheels are not taken off the car but a machine is used to balanced the wheels while they are on the car. :)

Johnny_K
13th March 2009, 07:30 PM
never heard of that before lol , just get you wheels balanced like any normal car. At my work we have a tire shop (barbagallo tire service) do my wheel alignments, i use to have to take my front bumper off to get it on the hoist but now they've installed longer ramps as ferraris/lambos also had probs getting onto the hoist

vivioman
13th March 2009, 11:49 PM
yeah apparently bob jane do provide on car wheel balancing service...might give them a call...

H8CHIR6KU
14th March 2009, 01:21 AM
yeah i used to do on car balncing at city motors when i worked there. i wouldnt recommend it as there are too many other things like in your suspension that can throw it out of wack.

not only that there arent many people that ever get it right. it is pretty tricky

vivioman
14th March 2009, 01:45 AM
yeah i used to do on car balncing at city motors when i worked there. i wouldnt recommend it as there are too many other things like in your suspension that can throw it out of wack.

not only that there arent many people that ever get it right. it is pretty tricky

I actually thought that on car balance would improve the balancing?

H8CHIR6KU
14th March 2009, 02:04 AM
in theory it should but in reality it doesn't

for instance say your wheel bearings are slightly out,you will never be able to balance your wheels to suit the play in your bearings. you will only magnitude the problem not to mention you will never get the balance of the tyre right

for oncar balance your suspension and steering have to be spot on otherwise it will never be right.

the other problem is the way in which you balance oncar. the machine is just a roller that you press against the wheel. if your not consistant with the speed and force that you press against the wheel you get a different result. theres just too much room for human error

these are the main reasons why noone bothers with oncar anymore.

vivioman
14th March 2009, 02:27 AM
^^ That's great info, thanks for the details, I understand more now...:)

yakusikimo
19th March 2009, 04:23 PM
i went to tyre power joondalup today and they wouldnt put 185s on my 14x7 because its illegal?
Also kmart tyre wouldnt swap newish tyres on to different rims because of company policy.
where should i got to get lower/stiffer springs and short stroke shocks put in my ke70. I presume most shops wont put cut falcons in?

vivioman
19th March 2009, 04:47 PM
i went to tyre power joondalup today and they wouldnt put 185s on my 14x7 because its illegal?
Also kmart tyre wouldnt swap newish tyres on to different rims because of company policy.
where should i got to get lower/stiffer springs and short stroke shocks put in my ke70. I presume most shops wont put cut falcons in?

I had similar experiences with these large tyre shops before. Will never step into another tyre power again. Bridgestone select wouldn't swap the tyres I purchased 3 months ago from them onto a different set of 2nd hand rims I bought because the rims had gutter rash on them.

FLCL
19th March 2009, 05:35 PM
depending on your location im sure someonne on here would do a cashie yakusikimo provided you got all the gear already

rxbenny
20th March 2009, 12:07 AM
tyre power willetton, beaus myaree

go to a tyre place

vivioman
20th March 2009, 02:19 PM

Just pm'ed you a contact to do the springs/shocks...:cool:

yakusikimo
20th March 2009, 08:22 PM
thanks vivioman will come in handy.