PDA

View Full Version : igniter question

ozsprintz
19th June 2006, 10:11 PM
ok i finally got an igniter it has a green plug which i plugged in to the ecu and two otherwires that go to the coil.now i am left with two wires coming off the ECU that have a plug on the end. i thought this plugged into the igniter but nothing to put together. i know these wires are the igf and igt wires. so where do these go. can i leave them out.

kane
20th June 2006, 05:36 PM
I think I know what your talking about.
I had to do this to mine ->
http://www.freephotohost.net/users/280389.JPG

Best pic I had on hand, but you get the idea. The big yellow plug wires didn't match the big green plug wires.

I forget the specifics of which wire is which now, but I could check it out some more if you want.

ozsprintz
20th June 2006, 06:07 PM
yeah that helps abit i would like more info or if anyone has a wiring diagram of the igniter not the ecu i have one of those.

RobertoX
20th June 2006, 08:01 PM
this diagram might help...

from another diagram I have the colours from the ignitor B-Y, B-L for signals, B to tach, B-O to coil +ve

from what I recall doing mine the order of the wires in the block diagram is the same as that coming out of the ignitor

hope this helps a bit

ozsprintz
21st June 2006, 04:49 PM
thanx it was a bit this is the only thing stopping me starting the engine well i hope. if any oneelse has done this more info would be helpfull

parrot
21st June 2006, 05:10 PM
Not quite sure what you are on about. The green female plug from the ignitor plugs into the green male plug on the engine loom, thus by a round about way ends up at the ECU. What sort of engine loom do you have? Where did you source your ignitor from? If the ignotor is from an AE82 or AE86 should go straight in, if it was from the US, there is an extra smaller green plug. Really depends on your engine loom.

ozsprintz
21st June 2006, 05:16 PM
well i have two plugs that are coming from my ecu one with 4 wires and one with 2 the one with two are my igf and igt but there is nothing on the igniter that it plugs into. however on a jap spec igniter there is the plug for the igf and igt i do not have a jap spec so i will have to wire it into the other 4 wires if you catch my drift.and the big question is how??

ozsprintz
21st June 2006, 07:35 PM
ok an update
the four wire plug i traced back to the ecu and came up with this
from igniter from ecu
\/ \/
white --------vf
yellow-------ground (doesnt go to ecu)
pink --------+b
brown--------conects to nothing (doesnt go to ecu)
so which wires do i attach igf and igt to.
hope this makes sense
allways logged on to msn can be contacted carnegie135@hotmail.com