PDA

View Full Version : T18 struts

Course_Out
22nd June 2006, 12:30 AM
Ok, I was reading somewhere that t18 front struts were exactly the same as ae86 struts, except they have a different caliper bracket (and different calipers obviously). Would this mean that the steering knuckles would be exactly the same as ae86 ones? I'm asking because I want to convert my ae71 to sprinter struts so I have half a chance of getting decent shocks, but have had trouble finding ae86 struts locally (and I know where there is a t18 I can get the struts off of).

And in regards to the calipers I noticed that the pads they take are absolutely tiny (from looking at pad listings in the catalogue) perhaps even smaller than whats already on the ae71? So my next question is are he t18 brakes adequate with decent pads/fluid or, failing that, does something else bolt to the t18 strut? And what mods would be required to make it work?

Sorry I'm so long winded, thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers, Nat

RobertoX
22nd June 2006, 01:26 AM
make sure it is a series 2, series 1 t18s are on some uber gay celica spec shit!

but i guess t18 nerd JHS will answer your post more thoroughly at midnight then i can be bothered to

RobertoX
22nd June 2006, 01:27 AM
oh he already did

as for t18 brakes, they are average at best, and no good pads are available

RobertoX
22nd June 2006, 01:28 AM
also the steering arms are NOT identical, t18s have some gay bolt in them and i seem to remeber they were longer (edit: that may of been comparing to power steering arms)

Course_Out
22nd June 2006, 07:50 PM
Ok, but I could use the power steering arms later on couldn't I? They would bolt in right? It is a series 2 I'm looking at because I already got the swaybar equipped diff out of it.

And yeah the best pads I could find were Bendix Metal Kings, so does anyone know of anything else that might bolt up?

RobertoX
22nd June 2006, 11:20 PM
rubber bumpers and swheybar diff = series 2

power steering arms will fit on no worries