PDA

View Full Version : Breather Tank

pumpkinking
22nd June 2006, 11:54 PM
How do i put on in.. its a D1 breather tank.. i know how most of it goes just confused how it goes into the 'in' pipe from the radiator to the block.. any help? and just to be sure where abouts would you put the tube into the top of the head?

DRFT - 86
23rd June 2006, 01:22 PM
Please tell me also ............ having a lil trouble reading the japanese on the box lol.
the pictures are straight forward enough but the instructions are a lil more tricky...

mattysshop
23rd June 2006, 01:41 PM
WTF ? is it like an over flow bottle? never heard of these?

.wolfwood
23rd June 2006, 01:48 PM
ive seen them for same but got NFI what they do. my question is to you want is the point of having one?

mattysshop
23rd June 2006, 01:54 PM
yeh... that would be my next question...

bahnugget
23rd June 2006, 01:54 PM
breather tank for what? the cooling system? doesnt that defy the point of pressurising it in the first place?

you dont mean an oil catch can do you?

DRFT - 86
23rd June 2006, 02:33 PM
I only bought it because I was to nieve to look at the box properly and thought it was a smick overflow bottle... but its not.
Its purpose is to keep the cooling system completly air free (so there is no air-lock)... making it work better/more efficiently apparently .......... more so a racing only product as it dosnt really serve any worthwhile purpose in a street car..

but since I have it I was gona hook it up anyway......

It has 3 outlets on the top and one on the bottom....
and a pressure cap on top....
the outlet at the very top goes to the overflow bottle..
the outlet under that takes incoming coolent from what looks to be the back of the head..? (although it shows in the diagram that this can be capped off)
the next one under that takes the incoming overflow from the rad..
and the bottom outlet goes into the rad pipe that directs coolent back into the motor... but it is meant to be hooked into what looks like an inline temp adaptor......?
wtf..

RobertoX
23rd June 2006, 02:37 PM
lol, someone has just wasted their money...

sell it on ebay to someone else who also has NFI ;P

DRFT - 86
23rd June 2006, 02:45 PM
it was only $65 as I bought a heap of other shit when I purchased it and got a discount....
Im gona use it because it looks smick and I have nice shiny matching other items... catch can, washer bottle and I will get a rad overflow one also.. have a lil plan as to fuck all the mismatched plastic shit bottles off that are in my engine bay currently.. (well there is only the overlow bottle that is not even a sprinter one... and its screwed to my headlight as that was the only place I could fit it...
Should look nice and tidy when its done..

mattysshop
23rd June 2006, 03:44 PM
a 4AGE won't need it.. that would be more aimed at nissans... they always have trouble with air in the cooling system... but still 100% unnesisary... you might aswell just leave it disconnected in your engine bay... cos it's not going to serve any usefull purpose at all... it would just complicate things..

mattysshop
23rd June 2006, 03:45 PM
don't fit it in there.. sell if and or drill it or modify it to be an overflow bottle... can you post pic of this item please?

DRFT - 86
23rd June 2006, 04:34 PM
yeh it is a waste of time...... I was going to leave it out at first... then I thought hmm maybe I can modify it to be a normal overflow bottle.. but quickly realised this couldnt be done really.... prob will sell it.. but it looks so nice........ lol.

Will get some pics up shortly since you requested so kindly..

pumpkinking
23rd June 2006, 05:01 PM
i bought mine cause i thought it would make be able to pop my clutch alot better.. being a shit head P plater that iam

DRFT - 86
23rd June 2006, 05:12 PM
As requested..........................

DRFT - 86
23rd June 2006, 05:46 PM
Ahaha... now for sale ... Not gona bother with it...

mattysshop
23rd June 2006, 06:21 PM
yeh it would be to small for an adequate breather bottle.. could make it into a catch can though... http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif

DRFT - 86
23rd June 2006, 06:29 PM
already got a nice solid catch can....
so yeh who wants a breather tank..? pumpkinking want another one dude..lol