PDA

View Full Version : Mega F*ck Oh Yes bulls*** Lock And Camber

RB20DET_Silvia
24th June 2006, 03:20 AM
Hey lad,

Had my hachi for about 6 months now and its really starting to come together now.

As you can see from the pictures the back wheels dont fill out the guards due to the old owner lowering it so much its completey moved the diff.....will be fixed when i install the ajdustable panhard rod today.

Basically spent alot of time fixing the old owners fuck up everywhere!!!

Mods at this stage
-------------------------------------
20v Silvertop (tuned to 104kw at rear wheels or 139hp)
Motec M4
Pace Maker Extractors (tuned length i got told)
Full 2 1/4 inch from extractors back to twin pipes
2 rear strut braces
Custom hand made and finished trumpets

Wheels
Six XR4 Longchamp Rims
Two Weds sport rims

Interior
All sound deadening removed also back seats
Stewy's bucket seat (hachi love)
Some Steering wheel -round and does the job

Exterior
J-Blood Front
J-Blood Side Skirts....not on yet
Rear bar of sorts??

Mods im installing today
8kg front a 6kg rear springs
Tokico short stroke greens - front
TRD 8way adjustable short stroke - rears
Cusco camber tops
Adjustable Whiteline panhard rod

Future mods
Install my huge Earl's oil cooler with braided lines and reloaction kit etc...
Reversing XR4's so i have huge dish
Flaring guards to suit rims
Painting rear bar a side skirts black
NRCA's
And hopefully getting a T18 this week coming
My dad is making me 20v Adjustable cam gears also

Before

[attachment=4351:attachment]

[attachment=4352:attachment]

[attachment=4358:attachment]

[attachment=4357:attachment]

Now

[attachment=4353:attachment]

[attachment=4354:attachment]

[attachment=4355:attachment]

[attachment=4356:attachment]

More pictures will be taken today once i install all my new parts and be posted up tonight!

This car could not off been where its at today with out the help of Tokage Racing Imports at Southport....truely the best import place i know, they have helped me out so much with free parts free labour everything i can think off...importing all my hachi parts etc....

And also thx Dave from AJPS for the springs!!!

- Luke

jason4558
24th June 2006, 12:31 PM
damn that looks neat

Stuck
24th June 2006, 01:00 PM
Top job dude. I have a softspot for yellow cars. * Dreams *

d1_drift_kid
24th June 2006, 01:03 PM
no problems from the dizzy?

.wolfwood
24th June 2006, 01:13 PM
looks good

Brenton 86
24th June 2006, 01:29 PM
The mans got good taste http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/2thumbs.gif
Post newer pics with banzai sticker job http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif

slydar
24th June 2006, 01:41 PM
youve definately made improvement.

hate to burst your bubble, but you cant reverse longchamps. they are bolted together.. AND welded :S

.wolfwood
24th June 2006, 02:10 PM
y are they welded if bolted together?

E V A N
24th June 2006, 05:57 PM
Much improved and so sexy! nice work

DRFT - 86
24th June 2006, 06:26 PM
very very nice

MAT713
24th June 2006, 06:57 PM
very very nice, huge improvment , love the work mate, well done

ae86 slide
24th June 2006, 07:06 PM
very tidy luke, whole car looks alot better especially the engine bay 110% improvment.

RB20DET_Silvia
24th June 2006, 07:15 PM
Yeah why weld them then put 100 bolts in there and considering i have all ready removed one bolt im sure there not welded together they are a 2 piece rims....meaning take centers out and change with other SSR rims.

Seen this done by my mate on his skyline etc with big SSR mesh rims.

No problems anywhere....just have to get springs in front compress or cut a coil cause its to high!

- Luke

R1CHYY
24th June 2006, 07:28 PM
Yeah why weld them then put 100 bolts in there and considering i have all ready removed one bolt im sure there not welded together they are a 2 piece rims....meaning take centers out and change with other SSR rims.

Seen this done by my mate on his skyline etc with big SSR mesh rims.

No problems anywhere....just have to get springs in front compress or cut a coil cause its to high!

- Luke[/b]

hmm...i knew they were 2 piece but i took all the bolts off mine to polish up behind the bolts and they seem to be welded not just bolted http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/blink.gif

may be different for me coz i got 14inchers??

Anyways, AWESOME car!! its coming along sweeeet

RB20DET_Silvia
24th June 2006, 07:38 PM
Welded....hmm wtf that is weird and just plain stupid!

- Luke

Stuck
25th June 2006, 02:29 PM
It somehow reminds me of Crabs Old Hachi

slydar
25th June 2006, 11:40 PM
told ya.

slydar
25th June 2006, 11:40 PM
mesh come apart though yes.

rthy
26th June 2006, 01:07 AM
has anything been done to the engine internally?

RB20DET_Silvia
26th June 2006, 01:30 AM
Not that i have been told of.....i want to get it dyno'd etc later when i have a couple coin's to burn....but yeah the old owner swore that was the power output of 139hp at wheels.....but i really think thats wrong.

Will be cutting a coil off my front springs this week as it sits way to high and it looks like a gaylord hachi!!!

- Luke

nos4ag
26th June 2006, 11:48 AM
Just out of curiousity, why didnt you paint the engine bay when you had the motor out??
Apart from that it looks like a great car http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif

Robo86
26th June 2006, 11:49 AM
loooks as good as always champ...i love ur car!

RB20DET_Silvia
26th June 2006, 12:41 PM
Just out of curiousity, why didnt you paint the engine bay when you had the motor out??
Apart from that it looks like a great car http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif[/b]

Because i got the car with the engine in it.

- Luke

ae86 drifter
28th June 2006, 01:48 PM
man i reckon the front ride height is perfect,by the way is the cam covers 2pak paint or powdercoated and would like info on trumpets

cheers pete

RB20DET_Silvia
28th June 2006, 04:39 PM
Hey mate the cam cover is just spray can megenta....its like heat proof crap as well up to about 300 degrees.

PM'd you about trumpets also.

- Luke

Dish
28th June 2006, 10:07 PM
It somehow reminds me of Crabs Old Hachi[/b]

What do you mean old?

It's still the same one, just with paint and a helluva lot of other shit changed http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif

Looking good Luke, engine looks really neat painted.

RB20DET_Silvia
29th June 2006, 11:38 PM
Thx lads,

Will have some pictures this week with a my front spring adjusted....cough *cut* and also a wheel alignment so my car will stay in its own lane!!!

- Luke

RB20DET_Silvia
11th July 2006, 12:40 PM
Howdy,

Here are some updated shots......the front is a touch higer then the rear but i have been told thats better for less roll center at the rear....meh meh.

Also painted my rear bar black.....gonna get some side skirts and paint them yellow.

Wheel Alignment

Camber : 2.5 neg
Toe : 2 neg
Castor 4 neg

Camber will be adjusted to 3-3.5 neg once i get NRCA's.

Also my diff gets locked tomoz!!!! ya!!!! im still waiting on my T18!!!!

- Luke

RB20DET_Silvia
11th July 2006, 12:54 PM
Just photo-choped some side skirts on....

Looks so much hotter, i need to get some A-Stat!!!

- Luke

.wolfwood
11th July 2006, 12:54 PM
ddue your car looks farking awsome

E V A N
11th July 2006, 12:56 PM
If u get sideskirts like that you need to panda the top of the bars.
But yeah that would look hot

RB20DET_Silvia
11th July 2006, 12:58 PM
Thx mate......i need to make up for not being able to drift D1 style so i make it look nice.....

lol nah will be getting into some serious drifting when i come back from the states. Im jetting off this month then when i get back home....off with the kit and on to the track!!!

- Luke

RB20DET_Silvia
11th July 2006, 01:00 PM
If u get sideskirts like that you need to panda the top of the bars.
But yeah that would look hot[/b]

Lol.....hell no that take fars to long to prep and paint.....im all about spray can style.....i could not be bothered looks fine like that.

- Luke

RobertoX
11th July 2006, 01:07 PM
chop some black skirt on there

ae86 slide
12th July 2006, 08:06 AM
your set luke, if the diffs locked get it up for fri night prac,
see ya there,
cars looking horn

RB20DET_Silvia
12th July 2006, 09:30 AM
Need that money for America mate cause im going over next week.

So im getting car all ready for when i come back from America.....might go for a little street before i head off but thats all really.

- Luke

RB20DET_Silvia
12th July 2006, 09:08 PM
I NOW SPIN TWO F*CKING WHEELS.................AHHHHH FINALLY!!!!

- Luke

miller
15th July 2006, 04:42 PM
looks wicked, saw ya last nite (this morning 2am ish) that was me hanging out of the passanger side of the orange corolla that pulled up..shes mine i just have no licence

once again looks the part man!

jamie

defect
17th July 2006, 11:17 AM
fu8k thats bloody hot dude!!!

Dxaqta
17th July 2006, 11:23 AM
where did u get your jblood kit from????

Rakurai
8th August 2006, 08:39 PM
man that is hot as , im lovin the paintjob, http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/2thumbs.gif

RB20DET_Silvia
12th September 2006, 06:07 PM
Hey lads heres a update of where i am.

Beside Riversides comments about my car being a show car......i have finally got a full time job with PWR Radiators now huge thanks to Willy on here for the help with that i owe you big one mate!!!

So now i actually have money to go out drifting on track as before i never had money to go out drifting with.

New Mods

- T18 rear end with locker going in this saturday (broke my S-series locker in 2 weeks)
- Full cage going in this saturday or next
- Huge Earls oil cooler with remote kit installed....its about 3-4 inch fat.
- New thermo fan setup installed and working
- New thermostat in this week
- Power steering arms in this saturday for more lock!!!
- Full streeter kit....the one shown on Beau Yates hachi....yet to be put on
- TRD rear springs
- Air box and super short and wide trumpets....19 litres of air will get forced into my trumpets constantly...soon to be installed and working

And i have been looking around for some nice rims to go on my car as steer tyres.....and i did not want to pay to get them widened and still have a crap offset so i decided on a full set of SSR MK II's...details below.

SSR MK II's

14x9 -20 Offset
14x8.5 -0 Offset

These rims will be arriving in December, cause if i sent them by sea mail i would have to pull tyres off and pay through my ass for shipping, wait till u see the 14x8.5's they are pretty much brand new in mint condition with only one hair line scratch...so hot!!!

http://www.acidcustom.com/sd/hachi/myrims.jpg

Oil Cooler

http://www.acidcustom.com/sd/hachi/1.jpg

http://www.acidcustom.com/sd/hachi/2.jpg

It may not look big but its so blood fat in width!!!

My cars height has been increased a little but that due to having such short stroke shocks......i dont want them to bottom out and break so until i get coilovers thats gonna be my ride height....but im sure the new rims and kit with bolt on flares will make it look a little bit more bigger and angry.

I have to thank Tokage Racing Imports, i mean my car would be no where with out the help of Gary and his Wife Keiko......these guys are constantly sorting me out with the right prices and always getting me in the crap i want aswell as letting me raid what ever gear they have that i want......

They are bringing in my rims for me aswell.....im currently making a list of hachi gear for them to import so if anyone wants anything PM me and i will add it to the list....

www.tokage-racingimports.com (http://www.tokage-racingimports.com)

Also i have to thank Ken Streeter who has dont alot of crap with my car in the way of fixing up alot of issues with it and also getting me a kit and any general issues i have....as much crap as i have heard he has helped me out alot and i have no complaints....hmmm maybe a little busy at times but he gets the stuff done.

My car will be out on track once i have paid for a couple parts that i owe money on...then im all good as long as no more stupid issues pop up!!!!

- Luke

RB20DET_Silvia
12th September 2006, 06:57 PM
Here are the pics of the front set.

Sorry these are MK III's not II's....does not matter still look hot and match up good....there like brand new!!!

These are the 14x8.5 with -0 offset.

http://www.acidcustom.com/sd/hachi/myrims2.jpg

- Luke

lach
12th September 2006, 07:01 PM
hey man where abouts did you source the full cage and how much was it? trying to find one for my car too, otherwise car looks tops just like how i want mine to look

Bustin_86
13th September 2006, 10:39 AM
hmmmm nice new rims man

Dished longchamps would of been better http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/biggrin.gif

stouty
13th September 2006, 11:27 AM
Yeh i would also like to know where you got the roll cage from and how much. Also are u interested in selling your longchamps when your other wheels come.

RB20DET_Silvia
13th September 2006, 02:27 PM
I got the rollcage etc through Tokage racing imports......i might sell my wheel unsure yet....but i will need some drift rims to use.

Dish longchamps are nice but these have some more old school appeal to me....and -20 offset come on!!!

- Luke

RobertoX
13th September 2006, 03:25 PM
car looks pretty good

those wheels pwn xr4s

how did you 'break' your s series?

why are you putting trd rear springs in? u just bought springs....

monkeymajik
14th September 2006, 03:48 PM
Make sure you run a thermostat or cover with that oil cooler!

Wheels look awesome.

RB20DET_Silvia
15th September 2006, 03:20 PM
I put in TRD rear spring cause they were the right size for my short stroke shocks....if i run the AJPS springs they are to small and will allow my shocks to bottom out easy....i dont to wreck my new TRD adjustable shocks.

- Luke

DRFT - 86
15th September 2006, 04:18 PM
Mark III's look sexy as....................

RB20DET_Silvia
15th September 2006, 05:42 PM
These rims will be arriving in December, cause if i sent them by sea mail i would have to pull tyres off and pay through my ass for shipping, wait till u see the 14x8.5's they are pretty much brand new in mint condition with only one hair line scratch...so hot!!!

http://www.acidcustom.com/sd/hachi/myrims.jpg[/b]

Read the above quote.

Wont have pics for a while....but there worth the wait!!!

- Luke

DRFT - 86
15th September 2006, 06:53 PM
Ooops my bad....... I probably read it the other day and forgot...

RB20DET_Silvia
15th September 2006, 10:24 PM
I just found some more lock.....

Power steering arms = more lock = anti spin = more angle = me happy = sick man.

http://www.acidcustom.com/sd/hachi/pwr_arm.jpg

- Luke

RB20DET_Silvia
26th September 2006, 11:20 PM
Got t18 in now but has gay 3.7 ratio locker!

Putting down a deposit on a TRD 2way LSD in case with random ratios but they will be better then *bloody* 3.7's.

Also got these babies today......if any body is intrested in some please let me know....there $150 AUS compared to T3 prices which is $120 US not including shipping.....25mm more track and more camber then any hachi can handle.

Full cage in this week, NRCA's, power steering arms....and wheel alignment / camber / toe / adjust.

- Luke

roadsailing
26th September 2006, 11:36 PM
what rate are your TRD rear springs?

there are a few good side on shots there, are all the pics in this thread with TRD rears?

also, those NCRCAs look aweome, are the locating rings steel? does your source make zero camber RCAs also?

RB20DET_Silvia
27th September 2006, 10:17 AM
The pics on this page are with TRD springs in there also 5.2 kg....but that firm enought when u have 8way adjustable TRD shocks.

Also the locatings ring and the whole NRCA is made out of transport grade alumium so these will not break.....i forgot the grad number its either 606 or 707 something like that....but yeah u wont break these babies....my dad is the guy name makes them on his CNC machine hes been doing metal work since he was 16.......he knows his shit.

Also yes he does make normal RCA's....u have a pm.

- Luke

RB20DET_Silvia
30th September 2006, 04:54 PM
Wow......thats the word i can say after driving my new car!!!

The hachi just feels like a brand new car.....put in the power steering arms....F*** yeah heaps more lock but by far the best improvment was the NRCA's that my dad made me.....gives me next to no bump steer, 25mm more track on each side and a s*** load more camber!!! and once u lower ur car u get a heap of bump steer.....but no more for me!!!

Now with no bump steer ur car leans into corners and just grips....u feel the wheels just pulling u around the road it tracks so well now.

I have 1cm of clearance between the inside of my wheel and the inside rail.

The car is getting a proper align and s*** next week but we had no time today so we just done the camber and toe by hand.

[attachment=7445:attachment]

Thats before and after the power steering arms....with added toe it pushes out a bit more lock also.

[attachment=7444:attachment]

Some more camber and also more toe.....all this will be adjusted by machine next week...we had no time today!

- Luke

Peter
30th September 2006, 07:05 PM
Awesome stuff, The car's coming along very nicely, best of luck.

E V A N
30th September 2006, 07:46 PM
Looks like too much camber to me

RB20DET_Silvia
30th September 2006, 08:24 PM
Looks like some one did not bother to read what i wrote.......

All of my car is getting setup this week coming as we did not have time today....so it running whack camber and toe etc....will be back down to -3 or -3.5 degree +4 caster and -2 toe.

- Luke

RB20DET_Silvia
6th October 2006, 12:34 AM
Got the new trumpets in today.......now before u go ohh there to small.....we did not just go ok lets make trumpets that dont work.....this is gonna be coupled with a rear base plate that will go directly behind the lip of the trumpet that will give the most open air flow into the throttle body we can achieve....they are 1inch long by a staggering 80mm wide in diameter up the top with a nice lip that cuves back over the tumpet.

[attachment=7591:attachment]

The base plate will be a little larger then this one and it will also mount right behind the tumpet lips....they have mounted it at the start of trumpet that has no effect what so ever on air flow into the trumpet just stops come hotter air getting in.....mine will increase air flow and the surface of air getting in there along with less heat.

[attachment=7592:attachment]

Then they will hopefully have these mesh filters on the end to stop any crap getting in....the filter sock i have now ahh meh ok but these new filters that im getting from america should do the trick nice and follow the old school theme of the sprinter......but now i have been speaking to the guy and he said they might restrict flow so im looking for other options....i think i will have to use gay socks again!!!

[attachment=7593:attachment]

Along with these next week i will be stripping that pink...sorry i mean magenta paint off my engine and give it a full clean up with new colors.....everything finely seems to be running smooth and my car will be 100% ready for drift day!!!

- Luke

biggo
8th October 2006, 08:25 AM
hahaha thats cool man, pity they didnt come in andonised purple http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif

why not just put stockings over the trumpets?

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/laugh.gif

if i havent told u already, thats a nice car man

madrift
8th October 2006, 04:32 PM
yeah, that is an awesome Hachi. i think i saw it coming out of Banzai Yesterday. the exhaust looks phat. Congrats on owning a truyl mad Sprinter

RB20DET_Silvia
9th October 2006, 04:35 PM
Yeah i was coming out of banzai the other day....thx...

Also found a new filter system for the quads that will be the only one in Australia with it.

0% restriction and the most power u will get using the standard quads with trumpets.....i will keep u's updated as i go along....hopefully i get this going.

- Luke