PDA

View Full Version : 4age help

redsprinter
30th June 2006, 03:48 PM
hey guys.

this is want happened. i bought a sprinter recently with a 4age in it. now what has happend is i went and tried to get a blue slip for it. the mechanic needs proof of the 4age being legit. he needs a recipt of some sort.

now question is with everyone whose done a engine conversion. has this happened to you guys wihen you went and got a blue or pink slip.

cause i think i f'ed up big time. i got the car with no engine receipt. ive tracked down the owner who did the conversion and hes told me that he bought the engine privetly and never got a reciept for it or something. is there a way around this?

or do i have to do another engine conversion so everything matches? if anyone knoe someone who can help me out please pm me.

suggestion would be great.

Dxaqta
30th June 2006, 03:56 PM
u shouldnt have a problem... they should jsut blueslipp the car with that motor.... you could go out and get an engineers certificate

redsprinter
30th June 2006, 04:37 PM
dxaqta you know any mechanic in sydney whose easy going with stuff like that?

i thought so to with the engine but hmmm ... how much would a engineers cert. be?

Dxaqta
30th June 2006, 04:51 PM
kirawee auto sports or something is where mine was engineered, but i didnt do it so i dont know... im sure u only need to blue slip ur car

flamingheads
30th June 2006, 05:06 PM
I know in QLD if they want a reciept you can just get a friend to write one out and say they bought it unregistered and sold it to you unregistered.

It should be the same for the engine. Just get a friend to sign a reciept and say you bought it from them and they bought it from wherever and lost the reciept.

redsprinter
30th June 2006, 06:16 PM
yeah just got off the phone with the previous owner and i think im going to do just that, plus my cuzin telling me to do it also. thank flammingheads. oh and everyone else. hopefully this will do the trick.