PDA

View Full Version : Some question need advice about!

AE86_4life
5th July 2006, 05:18 PM
1. I cant afford coilovers, so i need to know whats the best springs to put in my ae86 for both drift and everday use, Legalities also need to be taken into consideration.
2. How do i go about repairing leaks in the rear window seals and the boot(rust inside) the most common spot along the seals.

3. If i want to flare my guards do i have to repaint the entire panel.
4. Can you guys let me know of any melbourne preformance parts stores. thanx.

parrot
5th July 2006, 05:34 PM
Use some of the black goo window sealant specifically for this purpose, not silicon. Fix the rust properly (i.e. cut & weld) or source another one, and make sure there is none left inside your existing boot seal if it is retrievable. There aint no other way.

Gilly
5th July 2006, 06:47 PM
sikaflex for the seal

save for coilovers, you can get stiff springs made or buy them off the shelf but in most cases the stiffer the springs the shorter the free height (unsprung height) they have, meaning even short stroke shocks won't hold them in. if you waiver the legality issue you can use short springs no drama's, you just have to watch they don't fall out or shift into the wrong spot when you jack the car up.

the whole issue with short springs is that if the wheels ever leave the ground a spring could move or fall out. lets face it if you leave the ground there is a pretty good chance you are going to get F*@ked up anyway.

reg450
5th July 2006, 08:54 PM
if you just want springs king springs super lows are a good choice but i went with whiteline flat out i preffer the ride doesnt sit to low and nice stiff ride got better shocks to king springs ull be looking at $300 for a full set front and rear whitline a lil bit more not shore on pricing i got threw work so i got cost

rthy
5th July 2006, 10:44 PM
It all comes down to how hard you can handle, I was told by almost everyone that 6kg was the way to go and I hated it. I now have 4.9kg fronts and I love it. Dont get kings no matter what

AE86_4life
5th July 2006, 11:44 PM
Thanx guys keepm commin.

rxbenny
6th July 2006, 12:30 AM
i have 8kg fronts 6kg rears
tokico hts 102 all round

works fine

used to have 5.3 fronts and 4kg rears

that was good setup also

drifted on the old suspension once only but traveled in the country heaps still quite bumpy

coilovers are not that expensive

AE86_4life
6th July 2006, 12:32 PM
your right rx benny but I have done my 4age conversion yet n im waitn 4 that first.

RobertoX
6th July 2006, 01:11 PM
u have pm

Joel-AE86
6th July 2006, 02:16 PM
Coilovers FTW.

Simply replacing springs with stiffer ones does not solve handling issues. Shocks need to match the stiffness of the springs to prevent bounciness and a shit ride.

If you are gonna get stiff springs and stiff short-stroke shocks to match...you may as well get coilovers.

AJPS make some cheap good coilovers http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif

AE86_4life
11th July 2006, 05:49 PM
Bump

lewy
13th July 2006, 07:01 PM
try isc coilovers... i got a front pair for 700 most places wont separate a pair only... they are s13 so i got s13 brake setup too for an extra 350... try nissansilvia, hes a sponsor