PDA

View Full Version : No direct current?

Drift^Laurel
8th July 2006, 10:43 PM
Hey guys I have a razor back so it gives me a read out of voltage and direct current....

Im not getting any direct current so the car wont start. But im getting voltage and my lights wipers ect all work but it wont turn over?

Any ideas?

biggo
9th July 2006, 08:10 AM
Had a look at the fuses?

I dunno....got a kill switch thats gone off?

RobertoX
10th July 2006, 11:06 AM
you are measuring current in series aren't you? Rather than the way you measure voltage in parallel...

If your lights and wipers are working you certainly DO have current http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/wink.gif

DavisJD
10th July 2006, 08:26 PM
Use a multimeter and check where you are and aren't voltage.

If there is voltage to the starter motor, ignition switch etc then i would check what isn't working properly. E.g Starter motor burnt out, bad connection in switch etc.

If there is voltage, current will flow if there is a resistance or load for it to flow through. Otherwise, you wont get any current flow. (indicating something not working as i mentioned above)

If there isn't voltage to something. Trace it back until you find where the problem is. (could be any number of things, from fuses to bad connections etc)

Hope this helps a little, if you have more specific questions post em up and il do my best

mikes86
10th July 2006, 08:36 PM
Starter motor wire loose? Happens to me amillion times a day. owwie hot headers....