PDA

View Full Version : thermo fans dont turn off

redsprinter
11th July 2006, 02:51 PM
hi everyone.

got a problem. my thremo fan turns on when i turn my car on and dosent turn off until i turn the car off. even when the engine is cold the fan spind. there supposed to only turn on at a certain temp rite? so any body got any ideas on how to fix it or what the problem would be?

RyGuy86
11th July 2006, 02:54 PM
hi everyone.

got a problem. my thremo fan turns on when i turn my car on and dosent turn off until i turn the car off. even when the engine is cold the fan spind. there supposed to only turn on at a certain temp rite? so any body got any ideas on how to fix it or what the problem would be?[/b]

This is a simple issue.. and there are 2 ways to fix it.

1) leave it as it is.. just put a switch in there.. so when your temp guage gets up.. flick on the fans... thats the easy way out.

2) get either a temp senor trigger and install it into your water line.. ( this is a switch that will automatically turn your fans on when its hot enough) or if you can.. wire the fans to your ecu.. the ecu should know when the temp is up and turn on the fans.

Ry.

redsprinter
11th July 2006, 03:18 PM
ry. 2 good ideas. tho the funny thing is that the fan wasnt like that yesterday? but agian 2 goods ideas. cheers.

RyGuy86
11th July 2006, 03:26 PM
ry. 2 good ideas. tho the funny thing is that the fan wasnt like that yesterday? but agian 2 goods ideas. cheers.[/b]

^^^ Not like it yesterday?? didnt know that one..

try cleaning up that shiznit.. also check the connectors( make sure nothing is earthin out) and shiz.. also check fuses and make sure they are all good.

StockAE86
11th July 2006, 03:42 PM
your current thermo switch is possibly screwed or not grounding properly. Check it hasn't been disconnected or fiddle with it, it could be loose

mattysshop
11th July 2006, 03:44 PM
check the sender in the remote thermostate housing.. when it is in good working order.. and you unplug this the fans remain on.. i think i have a spare one..