PDA

View Full Version : MY JDM GTV LEVIN

GTVAE86
16th July 2006, 05:09 PM
Hi all.

I have decided to make a new topic for my car as the old one was getting cluttered.

OK. The car is a JDM 1984 GTV levin, I am the third owner of this car and have made a few changes to the body.

Mechanical

-New AJPS front slotted and vented brake disc, race pads, and braided brake line.
-New AJPS rear Slotted brake disc, and kevlar EBC pads
-Front strut brace
-Rear A-spec brace
-Chassis brace
-after market extractors
-A TRUST DD exhaust system.
-adjustable cam gears
-256 degree cams
-TRD 2-way LSD
-TRD shock (non adjustable) and RSR Springs
-heavy duty clutch (exedy I was told)
-hks air filter

Body

-Full ORIGIN LAB Kit, including quarter panels and arches, minus the rear bar.
-ORIGIN LAB Carbon Tail fin.
-Carbon Bonnet.
-Momo race steering wheel
-JDM interior, rear seats have been ejected with a A-Spec brace put in and half cage will soon follow.
-LONGCHAMPS XR4 15x7.5 fronts and 15x8 rear. The rears have been spaced 25mm either side.
-Electric sunroof (rare on a GTV)
-Carbon Bonnet

Condition

The car has had the little rust that was on the rear wheel arches removed and then it has been given a complete respray. The condition of this baby is excellent!

Parts that I have to go on to the car

-AE111 quad throttle bodies
-Motec M4 ecu
-288 toda cams new
-toda valve springs new
-toda adjustable cam gears 2nd hand, excellent condition
-trd gasket new
-hks timing belt new
-Another 4age (7 rib bottom end and big port head) in pieces, ready to be worked to buggery.
-Heavy duty front and rear sway bars (second hand, I need to get new bushes for them).
-Brand new from Japan, NAMS traction kit (all rose jointed) and NAMS Panhard rod (also rose jointed).

SPARE

-Original front bar with TRD Lip and it looks brand new, as it was resprayed properly (matches new paint job) with parker lights.
-Front right and left quarter panels not resprayed but are in good condition and excellent for spare.
-Original Bonnet sprayed matt black and in excellent condition.
-4 spare tyres all with good rubber
-Kouki head lights
-Original grill, with LEVIN logo on it.

Future mods (when I have the cash)

-bride seats
-Good quality coilover suspension (this might be a dream, but I will hope until I get to doing the suspension)

Some pics Below

this is what she looked like when I got her....

GTVAE86
16th July 2006, 05:12 PM
This is when she was at the paint shop.

selk
16th July 2006, 05:44 PM
what rims r they ? in the pics
car looks hot

GTVAE86
16th July 2006, 06:59 PM
This is when I got the car back, but it still needed to have a couple of things fixed up.

GTVAE86
16th July 2006, 07:05 PM
This is what the car looks today, the painter fixed all the small problems on the car and the Origin front bar is now installed and the small Origin Carbon tail fin. I put back the original GTV twin cam 16 stickers on too.

The only thing that gives me the shits a bit is that the painter lined up the strip with the fron bar and now it seems to be too high as they should be about half an inch lower. But I still like it and am happy with it as it looks like a little tough guy.

NOTE: I WILL BE PUTTING THE CARBON BONNET SOON, HOPEFULLY THIS WEEK SOME TIME.

GTVAE86
16th July 2006, 07:10 PM
SELK: Those red rims on my car are Advan A3A's.

Peter
16th July 2006, 07:42 PM
That is sexy!!, Love the two tone. Top work.

DRFT - 86
16th July 2006, 10:29 PM
Fuckin hott bro... love it..

*#*s@m*#*
16th July 2006, 10:45 PM
hell hot ride man!!!

[MET]
16th July 2006, 10:50 PM
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/5695/deadsexynewimagedi2.jpg

GTVAE86
16th July 2006, 10:54 PM
Thanks guys.

defect
17th July 2006, 11:06 AM
That thing looks really clean. Loving the paintjob and color scheme

Tom86
17th July 2006, 04:43 PM
I like this car http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tup.gif . I actually use pictures of your car as a model when I painted my car http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/biggrin.gif . Click HERE (http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forum/index.php?showtopic=5204&hl=tom86) if you want to see.

chapl
17th July 2006, 05:18 PM
looks h0t billy!

now time to give it a thrashing in the hills and on track befor you put the 20V in. http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif

FNFAT6
17th July 2006, 05:32 PM
thats hot ..

im curious do 256 degree cams spound lumpy at all?

GTVAE86
17th July 2006, 06:40 PM
thats hot ..

im curious do 256 degree cams spound lumpy at all?[/b]

Nah, the engine sounds fine. No lumpiness at all. But that could be cos of the adjustable cam gears.

Dxaqta
17th July 2006, 07:54 PM
did the orgin fiberglass fenders fit up nicely???? did u get a good finish when u painted them????

GTVAE86
17th July 2006, 08:25 PM
did the orgin fiberglass fenders fit up nicely???? did u get a good finish when u painted them????[/b]

These ones fit nicely on the car, they are made very well. The painter said it was quite easy to install them.
The finish on them are very good. Alot of people dont even realise that they are fibre glass.

DRFT - 86
17th July 2006, 08:39 PM
thanks thats what i wanted to hear thanks mate

rallystanza
22nd July 2006, 12:19 PM
Hey mate what are those wheel flares and where did you get them, Can you put up some better closer pics of them.

I need to get some,

Jez

.ady
22nd July 2006, 07:27 PM
... looks very nice! red goes faster http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif ...

GTVAE86
24th July 2006, 11:56 AM
Hey mate what are those wheel flares and where did you get them, Can you put up some better closer pics of them.

I need to get some,

Jez[/b]

The wheel flares are Origin Lab, I got them from D1 Garage. I will post some pics soon when I have the time.

Thank you guys for the positive feed back on the car. http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/2thumbs.gif

blacky86
26th July 2006, 07:24 PM
just saw your car on its way down towards clipsal (i was in the silver integra type r, i think ya saw me with my jaw dropped) my god it looks amazing in real life!

slide86
26th July 2006, 09:54 PM
this car is sweet.
havent seen you gas past my work in a while (metro holden on george st) you live local to that area?

can wait to see the 20v buildup!

GTVAE86
27th July 2006, 12:37 PM
Slide86 - Yeah I am local to the area, I liveThebarton.

Oh yeah and about the 20v buildup, my mate who took my deposit found something wrong with the engine. The block is losing pressure and the owner does not know where from, so deposit is returned and I am now going to stick with building a hot ass 16V. But dont worry it will go harder than the 20v, as I have a lot of go fast bits that are going to be used.

Blacky86 - Thanks man. Still needs the carbon bonnet to go on.

slide86
1st August 2006, 08:15 PM
saw you drive past today.....i was standing at the workshop door.

almost wet my pants when i saw/heard you coming. the guys at my work just dont get it. haha

it looks the goods. nice as

.wolfwood
1st August 2006, 09:53 PM
looks sexy as

mattysshop
1st August 2006, 11:25 PM
NA 16V is where it's at!! must have quads.. i think they actually sound better on a 16V... but i am biased.. http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/wink.gif very shmick work.. love it..

GTVAE86
2nd August 2006, 01:10 PM
I purchased some kouki head lights to go with the grill and parkers. So it should all fit and line up nicely.
No more cable ties for the grill. And with the bonnet, its just going to look exactly the way I want her to look.

E V A N
2nd August 2006, 01:13 PM
How much did the paint job set you back?

GTVAE86
2nd August 2006, 01:17 PM
I payed $4250 for the paint job including rust repair, dents teken out and installation of kit. All guaranteed for as long as I have the car.

E V A N
2nd August 2006, 01:35 PM
Thats pretty good!

driftism
2nd August 2006, 04:22 PM
Looks sooo nice mate.

Could you post a close up pic of the spoiler when you get one?
Any reason behind not fitting an origin bumper?

GTVAE86
2nd August 2006, 04:56 PM
Reason for not fitting the rear Origin bumper, was that I wanted a bit of the touring car look to it too. Plus I would need to hack it for the exhaust, and I like it how you can see the exhaust pipes from the side of the car.

GTVAE86
2nd August 2006, 08:12 PM
I thought I might put some better pics of the car up, given that it is a nice day and that I have washed the car yesterday.

DRFT - 86
2nd August 2006, 08:52 PM
Smick ----------------------------------------- AS---<

verm69
3rd August 2006, 06:17 PM
hawt...

AE86 LSG
3rd August 2006, 08:08 PM
Nice Car, love the effort and detail you have put into it. This type of project makes me keep spending every cent i have to make mine eventually look as good as yours.
One question is the car purely for everyday driving or do you plan to drift or race it? The reason i ask is my 86 is purely being built up to be a nice clean daily driver just wondering what you were doing with yours.
I live in Adelaide so can't wait to see yours on the road when i am out.

SR20_AE86
3rd August 2006, 09:40 PM
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/2thumbs.gif that sick as, colour looks mad

GTVAE86
4th August 2006, 12:25 PM
One question is the car purely for everyday driving or do you plan to drift or race it? The reason i ask is my 86 is purely being built up to be a nice clean daily driver just wondering what you were doing with yours.
I live in Adelaide so can't wait to see yours on the road when i am out.[/b]

The car is a daily, but it is also being built to go on the track. I am hoping to give it a thrash on the track this year. I want to get the coilovers for the front and upgrade the shock and springs on the rear first.
But it still gets driven alot on the road.

chapl
4th August 2006, 01:14 PM
<{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=250632)

I live in Adelaide so can't wait to see yours on the road when i am out.[/b]

The car is a daily, but it is also being built to go on the track. I am hoping to give it a thrash on the track this year. I want to get the coilovers for the front and upgrade the shock and springs on the rear first.
But it still gets driven alot on the road.
[/b]

23rd of september man! get it out there!

had any issues with the c0ps yet?

GTVAE86
4th August 2006, 02:13 PM
Yeah I will try to get it ready for then. But I just need to make sure I have the money to do it.

No problems yet. I think its cos I try not to attract too much attention to myself.
Last Wednesday I had a cop on a bike follow me up torrens road, and he didnt do much other than nod at me as he overtook me. I was worried he would get me for my wheels, or exhaust. But knock on wood, I do not have problems ever. Best thing is to not show off.

GTVAE86
11th August 2006, 01:02 PM
Installed new brake rotors(Slotted and vented for the front, and slotted for the rear), front braided brake lines, and race pads for the front and EBC ultimax pads for the rear. They work great, good work Dave for supplying the brake setup.

Also fitted the carbon bonnet. And it looks sweet (it sits a little low at the front, so I need to adjust the catch), now the body is done.

I will post some pics up today hopefully.

GTVAE86
14th August 2006, 08:20 PM
Hi guys.

I thought I will throw some pics of the Carbon bonnet installed on my car and the brakes.

DRFT - 86
14th August 2006, 08:57 PM
looking very very nice chief............ taking a fine direction with your build........

Andrew
14th August 2006, 09:02 PM
Very nice, I love it.

irl86
14th August 2006, 09:03 PM
looks sweet as.. http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/wink.gif best of luck with it..

RobertoX
15th August 2006, 12:42 AM
how are the brakes? got them hot yet? they work good when warm

green_boy_91
15th August 2006, 11:01 PM
much like ur car, its awsome, like the bonet http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/2thumbs.gif

GTVAE86
17th August 2006, 09:04 AM
No I have not put the brakes to the test properley yet. But I should do so soon. I am just wanting to get myself some coilovers and decent rear suspension first, but money is a bit tight right now.

E V A N
17th August 2006, 12:35 PM
NIce

stouty
17th August 2006, 01:17 PM
That car looks hot!

GTVAE86
19th September 2006, 11:48 PM
Update on my car. I have just taken hold of some NAMS handling parts from Japan. They are pricey, but all sweet.

I have purchased a panhard rod, traction arms and brackets all rose jointed. I will post pics up soon as I get my camera back. Cant wait to see what difference all this will make.

- Dave the brakes a great, car bites alot better when you warm the pads up, I have noticed how much later you can brake with this setup. They may not be S13's, but it's the best (or at least as good as the best) AE86 brake setup you can get, that is designed specifically for the car.

DRFT - 86
20th September 2006, 10:05 AM
Nice...... keen to hear how the hot bits go..........

Joel-AE86
21st September 2006, 11:26 AM
Looking s1K!

My spoonter will be a similar colour red to yours...but with a different colour scheme and hopefully some graphics.

JDMJNKY
21st September 2006, 11:36 AM
I SAW THIS CAR THE OTHER DAY! IT IS IMACULATE HAVENT SEEN A BETTER 86 IN ADELAIDE.

Bustin_86
21st September 2006, 01:52 PM
Looking mint... loving the brakes. I think that the carbon fibre bonnet really detracts from the classy look of your car though...just my opinion.

Keep up the good work!

yoshimitsu9
23rd September 2006, 12:36 PM
looks fantastic! make me want to do the panda style red and black on mine

GTVAE86
25th September 2006, 01:01 AM
Thanks guys. I also have some Kouki headlights that I will be putting on the car. That way I wont need cable ties to hold the centre grill.

SuGEE_DrFFTR
28th September 2006, 01:24 PM
Whoa ythis is truely an awsome car cant wait to get a AE86 too look as awsome as urs and OMG TO THE SPECS OF THE CAR UR SOO LUCKY http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif ITS HOT

GTVAE86
28th September 2006, 07:03 PM
Thanks man. Its sad that I am selling it.
Only if I was good with money.

Little Jon
9th October 2006, 12:21 PM
this is a magnificent car

LordNafe
16th October 2006, 11:50 PM
I'll second that! Cleanest, best looking hachi ever!
Good luck mate. Loving it http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/happy.gif

GTVAE86
18th October 2006, 09:59 AM
Thanks guys. It is my pride and joy.

taco
19th October 2006, 11:17 AM
interested in a swap? nissan cima... 54 000 kms.... in sa.....i can post info if ur interested

GTVAE86
19th October 2006, 10:38 PM
Hey Taco

Nah, the the reason I am selling is that I am purchasing an investment property and I need the money to help with the renovations. Plus I am not interested in getting a nissan. When this investment sells I am going to import another AE86 coupe or another hatch.

Thanks for asking any way.

EVO 4ST
20th October 2006, 01:04 AM
Shame your doing the house cause this is what i would love.
Are you sure you need investments.
I'll do a deal on the EVO http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/2thumbs.gif Seriously