PDA

View Full Version : Anyone In Melbourne Westside Can You Help?

hitoriko
13th March 2009, 08:04 PM
Hey all

i've been fiddling with trying to get my daily on the road and i connceted up all my pipes for teh auto and bang trans fluid starts spitting out everywhere and i've lost it! one of the metal lines to and from teh auto is split and im fucking over it

I think i have everything to convert it to manual:

Gearbox
Tail Shaft
Gearbox X Member
Flywheel
Clutch
Clutch Cable
Pedal Box

Now anyone in melbourne who is happy to lend a hand to help me do it would be great i can't offer cash but i do work for a spare parts dept and can get items at cost (same price i pay) and happy to pass that on and you can take the auto box if you so wish.

ONLY IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING if you've never done it dont bother replying to this.

please pm me or reply here i really want this on the road asap!!!!

thanks guys

shelldrake
15th March 2009, 10:51 AM
I've done it a couple of times with old celicas... (Hydraulic clutch)

You'll need a spigot bearing to go in the back of the crank too.

hitoriko
15th March 2009, 11:30 AM
the thing is i think i have everything but haven't tkaen it all out of the box

but is it a simple conversion?

shelldrake
16th March 2009, 09:26 PM
Well, I could do a celica in half a day if I had everything and didnt run into any unexpected issues... But you always run into something unexpected. So, start on Saturday. :)

blacktopspirit
16th March 2009, 09:49 PM
and being as nothing with corolla's is 100% complete start on Saturday and expect to finish the following Sunday :p

you have to allow for finding the missing parts, and with Rolla's being raped at the wreckers these days it's getting f**king hard!

hitoriko
17th March 2009, 06:02 PM
i'd just buy it new then ;) one of the good things about working at a spare parts joint