PDA

View Full Version : 47UNE 86

47une
17th July 2006, 08:00 PM
Well I thought it is about time that I did a write up on my 86. So first off here are the specs so far.

CAR:
Toyota Sprinter AE86 (ADM)
1984 Model
4AC
5 speed Manual

EXTERIOR:
Full respray. ( I did the roof and bonnet in dodgy spray pack matte black for now and the rest of the car is still in primer)

INTERIOR:
All pretty well stock interior.

STEREO:
JVC CD/MP3 Headunit
Pioneer 6” fronts

BRAKES, WHEELS & SUSPENSION:
KYB short stroke shocks
King springs
Black mesh with polished dish wheels.
14 x 6 front, 14 x 7 rear.
(also have full set of spare stockers and other 14” rims)

ENGINE:
Brand new Daiken Exceedy heavy duty clutch
New timing belt and seals throughout the motor.
New oil, fluids and filters throughout.
Near new radiator installed.
Custom exhaust from headers onward with ‘drift’ style rear.

Now for the story. I bought this car on the 21st of May 2006 for $2300, a not so good price (bit of Takumi tax thrown in for sure) but I cant complain, I got what I wanted. It had a blown head gasket, dead radiator, in need of tyres and paint and rust fixed. So first things first, source an new engine. I found a decent second hand one and got it put in by my mechanic and got it on the road. Next thing was off to the paint shop to get the rust done and respray. I haven’t chosen a colour yet and I need a car to drive around at the moment so I had to go pick it up with just the undercoat done on it. But I couldn’t just drive it round like that! It had to have street cred and be drift worthy!!! So I spray packed the roof and bonnet matte black with good quality acrylic paint. This is where it is up to now. The only real problems I see with the car at this stage is the diff is noisy and the dash is cracked. None of which have bothered me so far and the car drives great. Sorry about the pic, it’s the only one I have got of it so far. So all up to date, the car has cost me about $3500 including painting, new engine and installation and all the new parts for it such as clutch, belts, seals, fluids and tyres.

pumpkinking
17th July 2006, 08:05 PM
im just going to ask the obvious question.. why didnt you just get a 4age for it?

Dxaqta
17th July 2006, 08:09 PM
hhahahaha thats so funny

Jesse86
17th July 2006, 09:13 PM
lol goodluck with the car man

47une
17th July 2006, 09:46 PM
Because I needed the car on the road to drive and I got the other 4ac for $50. I really needed the car on the road for my daily driver before I could take it off the road to do the conversion and it was much cheaper to just stick another 4ac in it to drive around in.

pumpkinking
17th July 2006, 09:55 PM
ok awsome good luck with it

Dxaqta
17th July 2006, 09:55 PM
sounds like fun

47une
17th July 2006, 09:57 PM
Thanks guys, still not sure when i will be able to start the engine change cause i need it as a daily for now. Once I have got something else or things change with work, I will be able to start.

pumpkinking
17th July 2006, 10:01 PM
where you live as i may have a cheaps commo fo sale soon... would be a good daily while you change the engine and shiz

Dxaqta
18th July 2006, 11:16 AM
you should buy his commo, put some australian flags on it and come for a cruise in the shire.

47une
18th July 2006, 11:26 AM
lol nah, not too interested in the commos, thanks for your help though!

skein
18th July 2006, 02:29 PM
You should swap the front and rear wheels so the 7"s are on the front http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif

.wolfwood
18th July 2006, 03:42 PM
good luck

47une
18th July 2006, 06:45 PM
You should swap the front and rear wheels so the 7"s are on the front http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif[/b]

Yeah I was thinking about doing that, what does everyone else think? Give it that uber cool super dorifto look, it will go with the black roof and bonnet I guess lol.

ae82
20th July 2006, 02:12 PM
paint yellow, then black bodykit.

like the green one in drift battle http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/laugh.gif

47une
20th July 2006, 07:54 PM
Interesting, sounds a lot like Minihux's yellow 86 though, the one that is up for sale with the 20v in it. Not sure what i am going to do with the paint once it is back off the road. Still deciding on colours.