PDA

View Full Version : Annoying clicking sound???

jaqule
30th July 2006, 03:32 PM
I have this clicking sound when I brake and when I turn the steering wheel. Most of the time when I step on the brake it "clicks", and also sometimes when I'm driving along its just starts clicking repeatedly. It sounds like its coming from the front left somewhere. It doesn't to it all the time though. The steering and the brake feel fine and I've looked everywhere under the car but can't find anything knocking or touching anything. It's annoying the crap out of me. Does anybody have any idea what it might be? Before I take it to the mechanic?

Cheers....

jaqule
30th July 2006, 05:03 PM
cheers ...i'll have a look

bahnugget
30th July 2006, 05:47 PM
scratch guages tend to scratch, rather than click, it could be a wheel bearing?

provided this is an AE86, it doesnt have CV joints, being a rear wheel drive car.

try jacking your car up and wiggling the wheel around a little, see if it moves much, and if the noise happens.

slide86
30th July 2006, 05:57 PM
i would be checking the brake pads too.

also check the tyres to make sure there isnt a nail or something silly stuck in one of them, you may laugh, but it happens

selk
30th July 2006, 08:35 PM
yeah check the indicators ..... hav u changed ur pads recently ?

Dori_Dori
30th July 2006, 08:45 PM
yeah as everyone said ""check your brake pads and discs""
it can maybe be ur wheelbearings to or your Suspension..
just look all round the car carefully.Also where it makes the noise(y)

Cheers

flamingheads
30th July 2006, 09:28 PM
I had a super annoying rattling coming from the front of the car, checked everything twice and couldn't find any broken or lose bits. Eventually figured out it was the brake pads didn't have their clips so they were working fine but rattling like bejesus over any kind of bump.

Tylthidras
1st August 2006, 01:03 AM
Im going against the grain here guys..
I am a beting man and i place 100 dollars that it is the alternator.
Check that mate and tell me what you think?

selk
1st August 2006, 08:09 PM
what makes u say that caz the noise coms when hes braking or turning ?

slide86
1st August 2006, 08:23 PM
what should i spend my 100 on first. hehe

i agree, why would it make the noise only when braking and turning. if it was noisy it would get faster with engine RPM....

jaqule
1st August 2006, 09:07 PM
It's still doing it....I have even tried sitting on the bonnet while somone drives the car so i can listen, but still can't figure it out.... : (

It wouldn't bother me so much if I knew if it was dangerous or not....

slide86
1st August 2006, 10:16 PM
so you checked the brakes?

selk
1st August 2006, 10:32 PM
what should i spend my 100 on first. hehe

i agree, why would it make the noise only when braking and turning. if it was noisy it would get faster with engine RPM....[/b]

take it to a mechanic for him/her to check it out

bahnugget
1st August 2006, 11:11 PM
if you havent checked the brakes, do that, then jack it up and try to wiggle the wheel, it sounds like a bearing to me

Javal
1st August 2006, 11:26 PM
You have a groovy beatnick lodged in your front left suspension arrangment by the sounds of it http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/2thumbs.gif