PDA

View Full Version : new clutch what should i buy

ae71
1st August 2006, 08:45 PM
putting a 4ac into my ke70..

needing a new clutch to go with it..

i was thinking of one of these valeo clutchs off of ebay. they sould be about the equivelent with stock. it claims to have 20% better clamping.. has anyone got one?

it is for the daily + maybe track and a bit on the street.. but mainly street.. the 4ac is stock and probaly wont recive much in the way of upgrades at the moment.

reg450
1st August 2006, 09:38 PM
putting a 4ac into my ke70..

needing a new clutch to go with it..

i was thinking of one of these valeo clutchs off of ebay. they sould be about the equivelent with stock. it claims to have 20% better clamping.. has anyone got one?

it is for the daily + maybe track and a bit on the street.. but mainly street.. the 4ac is stock and probaly wont recive much in the way of upgrades at the moment.[/b]

he man go for a excedy heavy duty i paid 130 for mine but thats my price i work at auto shop the max they can make is 50bucks ull get for around 180 mark

ae71
1st August 2006, 10:11 PM
he man go for a excedy heavy duty i paid 130 for mine but thats my price i work at auto shop the max they can make is 50bucks ull get for around 180 mark[/b]

hey bud you wouldnt be able to get another one for me http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/wink.gif

what model part number etc? if you cant get me one where can i get one in tas? what stores are likly to have them? how streetable is it, dose it feel heaps firerent to stock?

Course_Out
1st August 2006, 11:37 PM
I bought a valeo off ebay, I got it for cheaper than I could get a standard pbr clutch through work!

Looks pretty much the same quality as well, but it's currently installed in my cupboard, lol

GAKI86
2nd August 2006, 01:00 AM
exedy for 4ac.. didnt last me no more than 6 months... but im still driving the damn thing with it.. coz it slips when it reaches after 3k rpm.. no hoonage!! means no fines... and save fuel!! yay!!

its either that i got a defective one.. or theyre that shit...

ae71
2nd August 2006, 08:53 PM
still dunno.. where i should go the cheaper one or go a bit better.. my mates 86 clutch is rooted atm, it is a stock one and coped a fair beating and it would be as old as the hills with high km's. it did a good job for what it was. if a valeo is the same quality it should last me a while (few months).

exedy for 4ac.. didnt last me no more than 6 months...[/b]

did it get cop a hiding http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif that tends to do that to clutchs....

reg450
3rd August 2006, 11:30 PM
man the excedy feels so much better before i couldnt get my normal clutch to spin my 205/45/16s not no problem nice heavy on the foot and man its grabs hard go to ur local autopro in tas i dont no but in victoria no problem

p.s ive had it for 4months now copped a beating so far still no signs of blowing oin me

ae71
4th August 2006, 06:18 PM
cmesld: what type is yours? the basic on that has 35% more clamp with a organic plate or the better one which is a 4 puc ceramic?

just brought a 2nd hand exedy (like the first described) spost to be near new..

reg450
6th August 2006, 01:33 PM
mine the first step into a heavy duty not shore on statistics but it clamp 10 times better then standard and running a 4puc ceramic i wouldnt usedit like shocks the t50 tends to blow em