PDA

View Full Version : parcel shelfs

DRiiFT_King
2nd August 2006, 08:16 PM
hey,
does any one have a picture of the pivots mounts for the parcel shelf, i think i have some but nothing seems to fit,

also what have you all doen with in stalling speakers in them, properly to pass engineer and RWC

cheers

driftae86
2nd August 2006, 08:40 PM
dont cut holes in a real parcel shelf

DRiiFT_King
2nd August 2006, 09:16 PM
can i mount stuff on them, like a amp and speaker box's

loarm
2nd August 2006, 09:56 PM
dont cut holes in a real parcel shelf[/b]
Why is that?

johnny_08
2nd August 2006, 10:27 PM
engineer and RWC for speaker install??

.wolfwood
2nd August 2006, 10:42 PM
^^ ;|

rthy
2nd August 2006, 11:10 PM
leave it stock, then once u get ur rwc n shit change em

psychofox
3rd August 2006, 09:32 AM
if you have a Genuine uncut parcel shelf, don't cut it!!!!! They are hard to find. And no way do you have to get a car engineered or RWC for a speaker install.

I've got a nice MDF one for a Sprinter if you want to swap, It already has the proper mounting brackets screwed onto it (previous owner did it) I have a feeling it's got 2 Sony 6X9's in it already as well.

xero
3rd August 2006, 11:18 AM
psychofox, i had one in mint condition which i sold last night (to drfs86)... what possible reason would you need one? they get in the way when trying to put stuff in the boot, your a meathead if use to mount speakers and any other stereo gear... the first thing i did when i got my 86 was take out the parcel shelf and stick it in the back of my wardrobe...

driftae86
3rd August 2006, 12:31 PM
if you have a Genuine uncut parcel shelf, don't cut it!!!!! They are hard to find.[/b]

correct

GAKI86
3rd August 2006, 04:02 PM
since theyre only made of chipboard... cutting holes, placing speakers nshit creates stress and will eventually snaps off.. theyre very weak to water..

.wolfwood
3rd August 2006, 04:22 PM
yeah i got a parcelshelf lying around some were, prob neva use it. still ahrd to find so wouldnt really start cutting it up

Micknofx
3rd August 2006, 06:55 PM
I have my original and an MDF one off a mate, don't cut your original one and if you make an MDF one try and berace it across diagonally with a strip of wood or something cause mine bounced right off it's mounts and I haven been bothered putting it back in.

reg450
3rd August 2006, 11:21 PM
u can cut the shelf on a hatch but u cant cut a shelf on a normal car with stel shelft its a stucktuall saport i got rwc with a shelf in my hachi
excuse speellling very tired atm lol

DRiiFT_King
3rd August 2006, 11:35 PM
heres my position, i have a standard parcel shelf, which i took out with no intentions of putting back in. (i think i have the mounts some were but not sure what they look like?, a pic would help) now i got defected last week and im currently getting it engineered and making it road worthy, so i need the parcel shelf to seal of the fuel cell in the boot to the cabin. the factory one only goes to the base of the rear windscreen so i need to make one to fill in the gap. but finaly i was given some 6x9's to put in the car but the only place i have to mount them is the parcel shelf. thats why i was asking if it was possible to mount them and still pass a rwc and a engineer.

reg450
6th August 2006, 01:36 PM
dude looks like a custom build use 20mm mdf and router the sides so it fits flush and get subwoofer box carpet and contact adhesive to make it look facotry http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/2thumbs.gif