PDA

View Full Version : 4AC problems

mrceffy
8th August 2006, 10:08 PM
Hey,

I got a 4AC AE82 and the thing revs at 2,000 RPM. This only happens when the car warms up. Also, when i give it full gas if feels as if its surging, sort of like when you get fuel cut on a turbo car. Changed the carby and retarded the timing but it just wont work.

Any ideas??

Cheers,

Lee

reg450
8th August 2006, 10:25 PM
it will most likely be ur automatic choke they normaly get stuck on corsing it to rev so hi when u like flick the acc pedel do the revs go down then come back up

mattysshop
9th August 2006, 08:34 AM
vaccume leak..

check the main culprets eg brake booster line.. and all those little 3mm vac hoses that run to stupid little contraptions..

mrceffy
9th August 2006, 11:38 PM
cmesld: it does a little bit not notticable though. All i know is that when the car is cold it runs alot better. I do remember not too long ago, the car used to idle like lumpy cams eg. fluctuates from 300 - 800rpm. Ill check the choke see if its that.

Mattysshop: I was scared that it was a vaccum leak. I wouldnt know where to start checking. There's like ten billion lines. I guess that was next on the list but just wanted to see if anyone else had any other ideas.

Would it be better to just change the whole vaccum system manifold and all?

mattysshop
10th August 2006, 08:35 AM
check the lines you can see.. grab a can of wd40 or aerostart etc etc.. anything thats flammable.. have the car running and start spraying around things like your brake booster vac line, some of the other vac lines, and the inlet manifold itself as much as you can.. listen for the idle change and you'll know the area you need to look closer at..

on second thoughts it sounds like your fuel filter could do with a change also!