PDA

View Full Version : 4AGE Hybrid Swaps

crazyGTrider
11th August 2006, 03:55 PM
I was wondering if anyone had any information on hybrid engine swaps. Being a Honda person and knowing a lot about Hondas and not much on the 4age, that hybrid swaps can give amazing results, such as a b16a head on a b18c block.

Getting to my point is there any benefits from using a 20 valve silver top on a 16 valve block. Is there any flow and performance gain. Or is there a better swap with in the Toyota engines.

Cheers

Dxaqta
11th August 2006, 04:09 PM
i personally dont know alot about engines but ther are lots of option like using 20v block with a 16v head. Some other hybrids are 7ages using a 7afe block with a 16 or 20v head also 5ages which is a 4age using a stroker kit

the best option to find out information is to search on google as, most poeple on here have a limited knowledge about engines and every possable combination that you can thank of would have been done and will be on the internet

driftism
11th August 2006, 04:15 PM
As far as i know you won't get any benefits from fitting a 16v block to a 20v head. the 20v bottom ends are tougher, and have higher compression anyway, so changing it isn't really worth it. the only time you may consider this is if you are making a turbo 20v engine, and want to put the GZE pistons into the 20v to lower the compression and hence make it more boost friendly.

As Dxagta said... google it and you'll find a fair bit of info available,
or search the tech forums on here.

crazyGTrider
11th August 2006, 04:54 PM
Thanks for the information and I will post the what i find for others to use.

psychofox
11th August 2006, 05:15 PM
the most common hybrid motor in the A series stable is the 7AFE Block + 4AGE Head, commonly known as the 7AGE. You can use the AE82/AE86/AE92/AE101/AE111 (16v or 20V) heads. You also need to use the corresponding piston to suit the head ie 20V head, use the 20V pistons. The 7afe head with any of the 4AGE heads will only yield around 8:1 compression. The downside of this hybrid is the stock rods are quite weak,lmiiting the max rpm to about 7-7.5K range. You can get aftermarket rods for about $1000. This hybrid is quite well discussed on Club4AG (www.club4ag.com) and toymods (www.toymods.net/forums)

Dxaqta
11th August 2006, 06:20 PM
nothings weak if you build it right