PDA

View Full Version : 4age running problems

levin_boi
18th August 2006, 05:14 PM
hey guys just got my car back from getting the wiring fixed up and the engine was running shweet for the first two days. when i went to clean up a few things in the engine bay i found that the number 1 injector plug was disconnected so it was only running on 3 injectors. so i put it back on and continued to work in the engine bay without thinking twice about it.

the next day i went to start the engine and it wouldnt start propperly, sometimes it would fire then idle at 2200 then die. sometimes it wouldnt fire at all. after doing all the checks on fuses and sensors i was pretty much stumped as to what was going on. then i remembered it was running fine on 3 injectors. so i unplugged no 1 injector and what do you know the engine ran like a dream. but as soon as i plug in the no.1 injector it idles high then dies again.

now my question is what could be going on here? what are the dangers of running the engine on 3 injectors as the car needs to be driven? and how would i go about fixing this problem?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

sab

rthy
18th August 2006, 05:26 PM
maybe the car was tuned to run on 3 injecotrs lol? the no1 injector could be stuff?

i would take it back to the shop who wired it up to take a look at it, otherwise try replacing the injector, reset the timing & ecu ?

Gilly
18th August 2006, 06:04 PM
take it back to the shop, i'm stumped as to how it runs sweet on only 3 injectors.

selk
18th August 2006, 06:50 PM
never heard of this b4, do u hav a cold start injector ?

levin_boi
18th August 2006, 10:56 PM
thanks for the replys guys

when i connect the no.1 injector the car fires but only on the cold start injector, so it will fire, run for a second or two then dies, so i'm guessing it fires on the cold start then the main injectors dont turn on? i drove the car around today and it ran fine on 3 injectors all day.

my friend suggested to me that maybe no.1 injector isnt grounding properly therefore making a in complete circuit with the injectors. i dont know if he knows what he is talking about but that so far is the only form of help anyone has been able to give me.

i cant afford to bring it back to the shop, i have no more funds and i'm determined to fix this problem in my own backyard.

has this happened to anyone before? any help would be great

sab

roadsailing
18th August 2006, 11:07 PM
are you calling number 1 injector the cold start injector?

(if you live in siberia ignore this)

first step is to put the cold start injector out of your mind, pretend it isnt there as you don't need it at all.

then focus on the 4 injcetors that are in the head, worry about these and only these.

on a stock 4AGE the injectors are paired, 1 and 2 are driven by one output of the ECU, 3 amd 4 are driven by the other output.

i thought my engine had a dud injector, turned out the wiring was faulty, check all your wiring.

yup when i connect the no.1 injector the car fires but only on the cold start injector, so it will fire, run for a second or two then die. i drove the car around today and it ran fine on 3 injectors all day.

my friend suggested to me that maybe no.1 injector isnt grounding properly therefore making a in complete circuit with the injectors. i dont know if he knows what he is talking about but that so far is the only form of help anyone has been able to give me.

i cant afford to bring it back to the shop, i have no more funds and i'm determined to fix this problem in my own backyard.

thanks guys

sab[/b]

ozsprintz
20th August 2006, 01:33 AM
did you end up solving your prob i have the same prob but instead of the no.1 injector it is my map sensor.
if you solved this what did you do???

levin_boi
20th August 2006, 06:32 PM
roadsailing - i am reffering to no.1 injector as the closest injector to the front of the engine on the head. not the cold start onthe intake. is it possible that if no.1 and no2 injectors are paired that 1 and 2 might not be functioning and that only 3 and 4 are squiritng?

ozsprints - i havent yet figured out how to fix this problem. as soon as it is fixed i will update everyone.