PDA

View Full Version : racing harnesses

darkon
20th August 2006, 10:28 PM
5 point harness black or grey in colour as cheap as possible. i wanna know where i can obtain 2 of these and how much il pay for them. basically im looking for people whov gotten them especially cheap from obscure places and such cuz the ones at autobarn were like $215 each. oh and if anyone knows where i can get 4 sparco patches to sew onto them that culd be fun to know too http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif
thanx all

mc68
20th August 2006, 11:11 PM
hahahaha, thats fucking moronic....

why would u get sparco sewn onto them...http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif

dont skimp on harnesses, fia approved ones or nothin

mattysshop
21st August 2006, 08:23 AM
i'm not sure how to contact them.. as they wern't replying to my e-mails etc etc.. but if you can track down a place called Racetech in Petone (Wellington) NZ they do FIA approved 4 and 5 pt harnessess.. i got a 4 pt 2" blue harness in mine TRS are the manufacturers, and Racetech have the rights to put thier Logo on the shoulders.. complete kits.. with mounting bolts.. think it was about $165 NZ for a 4pt 2" FIA approved 'clubman' harness.. plus postage to my door back here in aus.. i got them to post it straight away, as if i had walked out the store with it, they have to charge GST.. but if they shipped straight away, it was GST exempt.. and it worked out much cheaper to send straight away..

a mate also runs a 4pt 2" clubman harness in his 10 sec drag car..

mc68
21st August 2006, 10:02 AM
dont look past deemon tweeks in the UK either

Riverside
22nd August 2006, 09:53 AM
I got mine from Ebay for 65 bucks delivered for TWO.

AND they are CAMS and ADR compliant......meaning they are street legal!!!!!!!!

Best buy ever.

mattysshop
22nd August 2006, 10:49 AM
in QLD they are not legal...

there is a grey area surrounding it..

yes they are safer etc.. BUT if your in a big accident.. they are harder to remove to get out of the car..

to have them permanant, and be able to contest to a degree.. the rear seats must be removed.. (in the legal way) changed seating capacity, remove rear seat belts, and your standard seat belts.. install harness in a legal mannar.. eg.. can't have the shoulder straps at a huge angle pointing down to the floor etc...

it's hugely debated.. and most of the time you will get a $220 fine... + more if they are picky...

Riverside
24th August 2006, 09:26 AM
Particular types, provided mounted correctly ARE legal........simple.

I have spoken at length to the head inspector at the Bundall D.O.T. in regards to this issue.

I have modified the seating capacity, and the appropriate mountings, coupled with ADR approved harnesses and of course the engineers certificate etc.......My harness setup is LEGAL.

psychofox
24th August 2006, 06:48 PM
RPM Racegear (Revolution Racegear Brand) and a couple of others manufacturers - Autotecnica/Monza notably - make ADR compliant 4-pint Harnesses. All of them have the single connection seatbelt style connection at the centre. This makes it really easy to get them engineered.

Any 4/5/6 point FIA Harness, despite being in the next league of safety, is pretty much un-engineerable in Australia, as to pass FIA standards it needs a aircraft style buckle that apparently does not pass the ADR specs. Also FIA harnesses expire 5 years after manufacture, whereas ADR cert Harnesses do not expire.

Riverside
25th August 2006, 08:42 AM
Exactly..........I am glad someone finally backed me up.

mattysshop
25th August 2006, 04:05 PM
Riverside.. i was going off what some of the engineer officers have told me as i run a 4pt 2" harness with seatbelt style buckle in my 86... have been for months now.. and no one wants to touch it with a mod plate.. because of those reasons.. http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif

where did you get yours done?? i don't care if i have to drive to Cairns to get a mod plate for it!! it needs one! http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif