PDA

View Full Version : Pistons

LordNafe
22nd August 2006, 09:39 PM
Hey guys, Pulled apart my tough engine a week or two agao. It's got waht appear to be High comp, forged pistons. There are 2mm over sized as well. They have a symbol inside the piston that looks similar to a Nissan symbol, and the rbadning "Atsugi".
Has anybody ever heard of these??
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif
Nafe

terryo
23rd August 2006, 08:58 PM
never head of this brand. +2mm is an odd size. forged pistons will be quite obvious to the trained eye. very smooth internally, no separate steel "bands" near the gudgeon bosses., no casting "lines" inside, any brand name will be very clear with well defined edges to the writing . bring one out for me to look at

LordNafe
23rd August 2006, 11:38 PM
Cool, thanks Terry! Yeah, I couldn't see any casting marks at all or anything to give it away. They rband name is quite clear at all, I'd jstu never heard of it. I will definately bring one out.

scuba86
1st September 2006, 11:24 PM
Hi everyone, only came across this forum today. Lots of good info.

Anyway, I'm a Brit living in Japan and I work for Nissan (yes I know I drive a Hatchi Roku, in the UK I drive a Honda Civic!). Anyway I work at Nissan Technical Centre and interestingly it is based in ATSUGI city, Kanagawa prefecture...

flamingheads
2nd September 2006, 11:30 AM
That sounds ausome. Welcome to the forums.
But you do know that you can start your own thread or just post in the introduce yourself thread?