PDA

View Full Version : clutch?

riceburner
16th March 2009, 01:16 PM
hi guys, need some help...

driving to work this morning and i start to notice a strange noise. sounds like someone is trying to strangle a cat. happening whenenver i press the clutch pedal down.. drove the car all the way to work and will have a look at it afterwards... im thinking either low fluid or parhaps one of the clutch master/slaves are on the way out? any ideas at this stage. havent had a chance to look at it cos i was in my suit and ill be stuffed if im getting grease on me before work!

shift_rook
16th March 2009, 01:18 PM
thrust bearing??

Jonny Rochester
16th March 2009, 01:33 PM
Well if you wear a suit, you can just pay someone to fix it. Done.

Clutch thrust bearing. Gearbox has to come out.

riceburner
16th March 2009, 02:37 PM
thats what i thought... itll be ok to drive it in the mean time til i can get it into a shop?

pen15
16th March 2009, 08:46 PM
well a t50 is a piece of piss to take out try doing an sr20 clutch omg struggle street should take the better half of an hour to take out the t50 after work hours good luck

MJ86
17th March 2009, 12:11 AM
Mate if your thrust bearing is gone, it`s a good bet that the clutch itself will need replacing. A new clutch kit(standard) should not set you back any more than $100 - $150 if you know where to look.

Dish
17th March 2009, 09:39 AM
Mine did it for a few months when my new clutch had been in for about 2 months. Has since gone away. Probably ratshit now.