PDA

View Full Version : Paint Shop

joeschmo_57
16th March 2009, 05:28 PM
Hey, im still kind of new to adelaide and wanted to get prices on getting my car sprayed. would do it myself, but dont have any of the requirements.
so yeah, any place that is cheap, fast and semi-quality.it is a ke70 after all.

cheers

joe

dori_86
16th March 2009, 06:28 PM
i think buddyparts is looking into doing them, so might be worth a try

Murderess
16th March 2009, 06:57 PM
wait a few years, i can :P haha apprentice spray painter XD cant say i know of anyplaces, ive always done my own work!

Axentrik
17th March 2009, 03:15 AM
Phoenix panel and paint in wingfield. They do a quality job. They also made my shitty copy kit fit far better than ever expected.

joeschmo_57
17th March 2009, 08:57 AM
They cheap?
what price am i looking at paying for a ke70?

addikt
17th March 2009, 06:09 PM
my m8 does home jobs bruh im a panel beater but hes the leading sprayer at my work has done lots of ns.com cars ect

Axentrik
18th March 2009, 01:25 AM
Original post was somewhat contradictory. You can get a cheap job or a good job lol.

Oversized 86
18th March 2009, 03:43 AM
send a PM to superbmobile on this forum...

he doesnt quality paint jobs at cheap prices...

joeschmo_57
18th March 2009, 08:34 AM
cheers guys.
a mate recommended brighton smash.
anyone heard anything about them?

Mr Awsome
23rd March 2009, 12:27 AM
think brighton still use glasurit paint, so that be at least $1000min just in painting materials.

joeschmo_57
24th March 2009, 09:11 AM
thanks guys
aprrreciate that shit

Axentrik
24th March 2009, 04:06 PM
4-5 litres paint about 500
Primer / thinners/ body filler/ sandpaper= about 300 ish.
Labour well that all depends on how pig your car is and how much works required. But about 1-2k for a cheap quick job.

I would say bodywork and paint would be one of the most expensive things when modifying/restoring a car.

Katatonic
22nd August 2009, 05:51 PM
Hi Guys,

Anyone got any contacts for $1300 to remove all the rust, replace panels (no bog) and sand it down?

I can get it painted myself, or if they could do this too for $2000 that'd be awesome.

Micknofx
3rd September 2009, 08:00 PM
When I had my sprinter sprayed a few years back I went to a small shop called murrays crash on a recomendation from a friend who worked in a bigger crash shop (they only did insurance jobs and sent most private work there). I paid a little over $4000 all up and that included sourcing a mint hatch when the window just about fell out of mine while stripping it down, a fair few new metal repairs alot of which were around the rear quarter windows and down to bare metal on most area's of the car (didn't have to go all the way down around the lower less sundamaged parts of the car). Didn't do engine bay or any of the inside but did do all of the door/hatch closes.

The work was top notch and the customer service was even better. Murray told me I was welcome to dorp in unannounced at any point and called me several times during the work to come in and check the progress.

Great bloke who took pride in his work and looked after me quite well.
I reccomend dropping in and having a chat.

Murray Crash on hotfrog buisness directory. (http://www.hotfrog.com.au/Companies/Murrays-Crash-Repairs)

Touge Boy
3rd September 2009, 08:28 PM
All-Type Crash.

Have fixed some panel damage on my F100 caused by the previous owner and did a top notch job for the cash I paid, they will also be spraying it when I dont need to carry shit for the house anymore LOL.

They'll also be spraying the rest of my 86, but that wonr be for a while LOL.

corey70
23rd September 2009, 10:03 PM
will most paint shops paint my rocker cover?

i keep wanting to go into place n ask but dont know wat reaction ill get lol.

i thought bout maybe waiting till i see a crashed car same colour as i want out the front of a crash/paint shop n go in and ask them if they could do it quickly whilst doin that car...

Katatonic
23rd September 2009, 10:06 PM
Go into an auto store and buy a spray can of paint. It's not that much at all.

I found someone to do a full car, bare metal respray for me $2800.

That's inside and out, car completely stripped.

If all goes well I'll be back on the road in 6 weeks. :)

corey70
23rd September 2009, 10:10 PM
done that before, doesnt turn out as good as spraying it properly. i did 1 properly ages ago but with paint and thinners ect i had lying round, just thought gettin it done somewhere would turnout cheaper than buying all the primer, paint thinner, clear ect again...