PDA

View Full Version : theaving kents

fantapants
16th March 2009, 05:55 PM
after attending a drift day yesterday at willowbank advanced driver training centre i was stoked.

A great day, a great time and no major problems.

Decided to play with my toy this arv only to find someone else who attended the day had taken a shine to my tools and thought they deserved them more. A not insubstantial number of sidchrome tools have been taken from my tool box which was in the back of my mates tow ute UNDER a closed tonnu cover.

Awesome. Im now down a couple hundred dollars in tools and im unspeakably pissed off and if i ever find out who did it....

Id like to make it clear that i in no way hold nic of his wife responsible in anyway. They organised a great day. Unfortunatly someone has broken trust and taken advantage of the oppurtunity presented by people driving their cars at track days.

Please learn from my ignorance and trust and ALWAYS have your tools in front of your eyes and never trust the people around you "just cos they are into cars"

From now on ill only be attending events with mates i can trust and know wont rip my shit off.

end rant

Anthony
16th March 2009, 06:10 PM
I thought these events were pretty locked down. Couldnt be too hard to find out who it was surely??? Sux anyway.

*urban_ninja*
16th March 2009, 06:10 PM
holly crap man i hope something gets done about this person seen or what not. sorry to hear i get the feeling though nothing wors than spending your money and some SCUM RAT thinking they have a right to take them with no care for others. best of luck and that really sucks sorry to hear man.

Dish
16th March 2009, 06:16 PM
Gay as aidz. There's fuckheads everywhere Pat, you should know that by now.

gumbie
16th March 2009, 06:38 PM
This happend to my mate a while back at QR.. Pretty gay stuff.

fantapants
16th March 2009, 06:55 PM
yeah ant its easy to limit the suspects, but to prove who of these people took them?? :(

and it was a few big names in the sd community there too and im not trying to lay blame at anyones feet, just feel its impossible to prove who of the other 11 atendees it was. And its not like i had my name engraved.... but i will now :(

yeah roy, i rang todd straight up and none of his tools were pinched thank god, id feel soooo shit if his work stuff had been gangked as well.

racsov
16th March 2009, 08:31 PM
as the only active dc member driving on the day, id just like to say it wasnt me

dude when did you last see them? are you sure you didnt park at a servo on the way home or something?

im nick btw i have the r31

fantapants
16th March 2009, 10:06 PM
yeah nick i wasnt pointing the finger... just venting.

i joked with waldo when we got there.. " hey leave ALL the tools in the ute. make a point of not needing them cos ill be fucked if my shit is breaking :) " insert nervous laugh here.

we trailered it back and yes, no tools were needed AT all during the day. Straight home, car in the tent of doom and all tools put away ( its a sidchrome close chest thingy) then i went to finish my guards today and went to get a screwdriver. most of the metric spanners and most of the usefull small sockets and 1/4 inch sockets are missing. not cleanly either so im guessing it was just a quick grab what u can...

im devoed mainly cos i had such a great day making a dick of myself :)and was psyched the car didnt break and i knew things i wanted improve blah blah blah and then this just crashed me down.

breno
16th March 2009, 10:12 PM
that really sucks man.
someone needs a paddlin...and a punch in the face.

Good to hear about your car though!

marvis
16th March 2009, 10:44 PM
WTF. Don't like 12 cars attend this stuff? That's shit.

marvis.

driftke70
17th March 2009, 01:28 AM
so lame, theres always one fuckwit, or a fuckwit who puts on a nice face and persona but brings his fuckwit friend

rich_86
20th March 2009, 09:06 PM
ill swap you my situtation any day. sadly after wats happened to my gear i wont be trusting anyone with car parts anymore. good luck finding your tools bud. maybe they might come clean and admit wat they did but highly unlikely. i have an idea where my gear has ended up and who has it. and ill have no shame naming names either as these people are exactly your title and cunts..

biggo
22nd March 2009, 01:21 PM
Some dick thought itd be funny to steal my mates navman on the 86 annual, whick was in the farking glove box. I hate tosspots.

driftke70
22nd March 2009, 11:21 PM
yeah just low class take the easiest life style. too scared to have a decent crack at life.

nav man out the glove box is heavy, as i said, it wouldnt have been someone there to drive, it would have been one of the wanker friends people bring with them, the guy who brought the mate who took the navman probably doesnt even know he did, sly bastards, all swings round but

letsgohunting
23rd March 2009, 12:08 AM
Most of the car scene is made up of low life scum. It's a horrible truth.

MJ86
23rd March 2009, 09:40 AM
Most of the car scene is made up of low life scum. It's a horrible truth.

So are you saying that most people on here are low life scum, i would hate to think that and i don`t, if everyone thinks negative like that on here then this place too will end up going downhill in a big way.

I have had stuff stolen before like $600 worth of braided lines plus tools and fittings out of my garage, was my neighbor, so i lock my garage now and put a screwdriver through the side of it, but i still think about the good in people before the bad, at least until they fuck up.

Sorry to hear about your tools fantapants, just make sure you lock them up better next time, maybe hook up an electric fence module to you tool box.

letsgohunting
23rd March 2009, 12:19 PM
So are you saying that most people on here are low life scum, i would hate to think that and i don`t, if everyone thinks negative like that on here then this place too will end up going downhill in a big way.

I have had stuff stolen before like $600 worth of braided lines plus tools and fittings out of my garage, was my neighbor, so i lock my garage now and put a screwdriver through the side of it, but i still think about the good in people before the bad, at least until they fuck up.

Sorry to hear about your tools fantapants, just make sure you lock them up better next time, maybe hook up an electric fence module to you tool box.

This forum makes up probably 1 percent of the car scene. And I have no doubt there are members on here that have stolen car related stuff before.

MJ86
23rd March 2009, 03:16 PM
I am in complete agreement with you there brother, not to mention the others that could be watching (non members), i have seen three ae86s go missing in the last year or so, all members on here, as well as some ke`s. I remember in the old days they used to hang you for stealing someones horse.

DRFT
30th March 2009, 05:42 PM
mate where you go with your tools i highly suggest you dont buy snap on tools.

sonsta
3rd April 2009, 12:01 PM
low life scum!!

only a small community so you may just get your revenge one day when you see old mate using your spanner at the next track day!!

Lameah
3rd April 2009, 03:20 PM
it may seem like common sense or being overly paranoid but get a soldering iron and burn your name into the handles of all your tools or if they're metal get an engraver and go to town, i did it working as a security installer because EVERYONE thinks that an open toolkit is an open invitation (sometimes even a closed toolkit is an open invitation from experience).