PDA

View Full Version : My AE71 Thrasher

GTVAE86
7th November 2006, 12:12 AM
Hi guys,

Well this may not be my GTV AE86, but it is my new ride.

An AE71 corolla (I had to stick with a Toyota)

GTVAE86
7th November 2006, 12:18 AM
These are the specs to the best of my knowledge:

It is a 4AC, but dont worry, remember I am in the process in building a revvy 4AGE, which was going to go into the 86.

Front has
-ajps coilover - with agx shocks 8kg springs (on t18 struts with slotted t18 231mm upgrade rotors)
-rose jointed lower control arms - 2.5 degrees neg camber
-24mm anti roll bar
-bushes etc

The rear has
-6kg mm, excel g, 18mm anti roll bar
-locked diff

Misc parts
-sport steering wheel
-ma61 rims wearing 185/60's, plus a spare pare of jelly bean rims with decent tyres (just in case I want to slide http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/wink.gif )
-I have a brand new fixed back Velo seat for the drivers side

-Plus it has a small amount of rust, but the smaal amount is pretty nasty, which is around the rear boot area.

Gilly
7th November 2006, 08:40 AM
sweet daily!!

green_boy_91
7th November 2006, 03:18 PM
hey did u buy that off ebay ? http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif

Konakid
7th November 2006, 03:18 PM
That looks fukin tuff man nice ride!

Stuck
7th November 2006, 03:57 PM
Spirit Wing + 4AG !

DRFT - 86
7th November 2006, 08:46 PM
looks wikid dumped on the MA's...............

DR1FT
7th November 2006, 09:31 PM
NICE!

how much you pay for it?

GTVAE86
8th November 2006, 12:10 AM
OK. Even though I am buying another house to renovate with the money used from the GTV Levin, the plans for this car is as follows :

1- fix the up the rust spots in the back near the boot and the rear left wheel arch, and install the velo seat.
2- With the help of my friends I will fix up some of the dents, and then using the bosses spray painting equipment prime and spray the car. Its not going to be anything near the quality of the Levin but I am just tidying the car up so it doesn't attract too much attention from the boys in blue.
3- All the go fast engine gear that I have collected over last year or so (originally for the Levin), will be used on the spare 4Age that I have and will build a tough high revving motor. Along with the quads and Motec M4 that I have laying around.
4- Insatll the NAMS traction gear and Pan hard rod.
5- Take it for a cruise through the hills and runs around Malalla.

This should not be too expensive as I already have all the parts and the work will be done by myself and friends.

xelak75s
8th November 2006, 01:51 AM
looks nice.

dont normally like the shovel nose but decked on the celica supra rims it looks sick

that rear bumper ausdm? kinda loks like the USDM bumpers http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/sad.gif

GTVAE86
9th November 2006, 05:52 PM
Im not sure what the rear bumpers are. I am pretty new to AE71 model, I do not know much about other than that they have a similar chassis to the AE86.

slide86
10th November 2006, 01:16 PM
drove past this thing yesterday on a roadie. the front camber is sweet, the car looks pretty good with minor exterior mods.

wheels are the shizzle

GTVAE86
10th November 2006, 11:54 PM
Thanks man. I will get some more done to it soon

Joel-AE86
11th November 2006, 12:32 AM
LOL wtf.

Looks EXACTLY like my new daily...accept mine is an old shape KE70.

PLus my suspension setup on my other KE is basically exactly the same as yours and will soon be in my silver KE!!!

GTVAE86
11th November 2006, 12:55 PM
The suspension on this car is excellent. Plus I will be soon installing the NAMS traction brackets, arms and panhard rod. It was going to go in the old 86 but may as well use it on this.

Going to be soon starting on fixing the speed holes around the boot (rust) and give it a home job spray. Mate has a air comp and spray painting gear.

Then I need to start looking at the motor I have in the shed.

Peter
11th November 2006, 05:55 PM
Going to be soon starting on fixing the speed holes around the boot (rust) and give it a home job spray. Mate has a air comp and spray painting gear.[/b]

Interested in how this turns out, as im thinking of doing the same thing myself, Air comp, spray gun home job.

Best of luck http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tup.gif

GTVAE86
12th November 2006, 11:55 PM
Yeah I will post up pics when I work on fixing the rusty areas.

GTVAE86
21st November 2006, 01:58 PM
Ok an update. I have fixed up the rust in the back of my car. Which is now weather proof. I started to paint the car from the rear to the front in matt black.

But I am going to paint the roof in either matt silver or matt white.

I will post pics up soon.

Peace out.

MINIHORSE
3rd June 2007, 01:24 AM
and whats happening with this i see it every day