PDA

View Full Version : Need for speed: Carbon

jezz
8th November 2006, 09:40 PM
Been playing this tonight. Kinda dissapointed, doesn't seem much more then MW with a few extra bits and pieces with UG 1/2 tracks+ new tracks. The canyon duels are pretty cool though!

Andrew
9th November 2006, 12:17 AM
I'm pretty reluctant to get it. MW was a pretty big disappointment.

I'd rather get Tony Hawks 8.

Klutch
9th November 2006, 05:18 AM
Physics suck.
Graphics suck.
Handling suck.
WTF is with the drifting?
Gameplay gets repedative and boring.
I was expecting the autosculpt to be fun, it wasn't.
Half the body kits look like they were made from a retard.
No sense of speed.
Badly modeled cars.

In a game, the cutscenes should NEVER be better graphics then the actual game itself. They should be the same.

I could go on, but im not.

Ill just say this

It was a massive letdown, it's a good thing i downloaded it and didn't buy it. Hell, it wasnt even worth my quota. I played it for about 2 hours and un-installed and deleted the ISO.
As far as i can see, MW and Carbon are just cash-ins. They arn't properly making them like the older NFS's.

Jason
9th November 2006, 08:05 AM
i got the demo, omg wtf. ^^ what he said. Theres no effort required to get round a corner even less than the other ones, at least they were fun. They need to go back to the old days of porche unleashed

jezz
9th November 2006, 03:28 PM
Yeah found the same thing, i was motoring through the game so quick thinking "WTF theres gotta be more to it then this" I found it getting easier as i went along too.

GAKI86
10th November 2006, 01:06 AM
man i got a demo too from the autosalon...

i showed rthy how i drifted like beau with my nose..

no im serious...

gumbie
12th November 2006, 08:43 PM
NFS games are now aimed at people aged 8 - 13, get over it.

ke70dave
12th November 2006, 11:07 PM
NFS games are now aimed at people aged 8 - 13, get over it.[/b]

dont forget the people that drive honda's

DRFTPG
12th November 2006, 11:56 PM
hmmm im currently downloadin it.....u rekon its worth it?

jezz
13th November 2006, 11:24 AM
its fun to play, its just not where it should be at. If you can download it and it wont take a massive chunk outa your cap, do it, if you can get it off a mate even better, i woudlnt pay for it though.

GAKI86
13th November 2006, 12:03 PM
downloading it is cool... just be aware itll consume your precious productive hours..

rthy
13th November 2006, 12:12 PM
i should have recorded it and put it on youtube

nos4ag
13th November 2006, 02:50 PM
Wait for Forza 2!!!! http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif

DRFTPG
13th November 2006, 05:17 PM
its fun to play, its just not where it should be at. If you can download it and it wont take a massive chunk outa your cap, do it, if you can get it off a mate even better, i woudlnt pay for it though.[/b]

nah man download limit isnt a problem, my limit is amlost twice the size of my HDD lol

ke70dave
14th November 2006, 11:34 AM
well i just finished downloading it, and had my first bash...all i can say is.....they broke need for speed!! graphics suck, sound is ok......but physics....what were they thinking. its like the car automatically coutersteers when you start sliding, so if you do counter steer you just spin out. does anyone else have the problem that the car is rediculously shiny? looks like its made of glass?

live for speed all the way!

jezz
14th November 2006, 12:23 PM
never had the spin out problem, but yeah, the cars are WAYYYYYYYYY to shiny to the point where it annoys me lots.

GAKI86
14th November 2006, 01:57 PM
nfs:carbon directions for how to drift...

use nose on thumbstick.

hold on X button for gas..

lean stick to desired drifting direction with nose..

darkon
14th November 2006, 04:19 PM
i finished it the otha day. it ruled something serious aye. canyon duels were awesome the driftings way betta then nfs2 n 1 cuz its flowing lol none of that left right left right bullshit at 20k/h. cars were awesome the oldschool muscle cars r a nice touch. all in all if u liked any previous nfs game even slightly u'll love this its mad fun

Klutch
15th November 2006, 12:55 AM
i finished it the otha day. it ruled something serious aye. canyon duels were awesome the driftings way betta then nfs2 n 1 cuz its flowing lol none of that left right left right bullshit at 20k/h. cars were awesome the oldschool muscle cars r a nice touch. all in all if u liked any previous nfs game even slightly u'll love this its mad fun[/b]
That better be sarcastic.

mc68
15th November 2006, 01:37 AM
can u still pass the drifting section with a fwd civic like nsfu?

Klutch
15th November 2006, 02:33 AM
Yes.

driftism
15th November 2006, 12:29 PM
ghey. whatever happened to ferarris?

jezz
15th November 2006, 12:47 PM
Car specs are all over the place too :S

stinger_007
15th November 2006, 02:28 PM
A bit off topic, has anyone got (or played)
the fast and the furious yet?

Klutch
15th November 2006, 04:09 PM
A bit off topic, has anyone got (or played)
the fast and the furious yet?[/b]
I've got it. Haven't played it, wont boot up past the loading screen.
Tried almost everything http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/sad.gif

stinger_007
15th November 2006, 05:18 PM
I'm considering geting the psp version........

GAKI86
15th November 2006, 10:58 PM
avoid need for speed on psp...

unless you know someone that has a psp with that game..

then its good and fun..

jezz
16th November 2006, 11:18 AM
Was wondering what happend with Fast and the furious game.

Jusdrifn 86
16th November 2006, 11:35 AM
im buying it this arvo, $79 at kmart opening sale or some bullshit...

ill let you guys know how it goes... there better be ae86s... grrr they left them out of most wanted, even though they are targetted by the police something cronic.

GAKI86
17th November 2006, 12:24 PM
fast n furios is gay with aids...

drifting in it is gay too... its feels like your car has no soul.. cant control the drift.. heck u even get points for stacks that would eventually make your car slide sideways.. to drift.. handbrake and clutch.. and hope you make the corner... COZ YOU CANT FUCKIN CONTROL THE FUCKIN THING!!!

carbon is gay..

drifting in the game is gay too... TO DRIFT LEFT LEAN THUMBSTICK TO LEFT!!!
last night i had brain damage from this game..

Jason
17th November 2006, 12:31 PM
^lol

Klutch
17th November 2006, 01:23 PM

ill let you guys know how it goes... there better be ae86s... grrr they left them out of most wanted, even though they are targetted by the police something cronic.[/b]
download it

dont waste your money

ke70dave
17th November 2006, 05:36 PM
<{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=284512)

ill let you guys know how it goes... there better be ae86s... grrr they left them out of most wanted, even though they are targetted by the police something cronic.[/b]
download it

dont waste your money
[/b]

amen to that!!

i am yet to come across a game, that i would be willing to pay 100$ or whatever for.

ohh cept Battlefield 2, but i got the cheap pizza deal for that http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tup.gif

aaaaah
17th November 2006, 06:24 PM
Got any recommended torrents to dl it from?

Klutch
17th November 2006, 07:01 PM
Got any recommended torrents to dl it from?[/b]
www.torrentspy.com

GAKI86
18th November 2006, 04:22 PM
www.undergroundgamer.com
www.mytorrents.com

selk
25th December 2006, 04:15 PM
has anyone unlocked the corolla GTS ? or were they bulshiting saying that the ae86 was in the game ?

Julz01
25th December 2006, 10:03 PM
nephew got it on xbox today, lucky not store brought, was completely crap , forza ftw, hopefully forza 2 will be out soon and maybe ill start playing consoles again

AmyC
25th December 2006, 10:35 PM
I finished carear mode and meh it was relatively easy.

I think its a game thats good for a heap of mates to get drunk and play and still win races.

kaibeecee
25th December 2006, 11:13 PM
You guys know theres an 86 in it right?
it's locked, you need a trainer to get it.

but it's shit.
decent kit is available for it though

ke70dave
26th December 2006, 12:10 AM
where does one get a "Trainer" from?

also is there are legit way of unlocking ae86?

Klutch
26th December 2006, 04:29 AM
where does one get a "Trainer" from?

also is there are legit way of unlocking ae86?[/b]
www.megagames.com usually has every trainer along with cracks for pretty much every game that exists.

Also, not that i know of.
Also, i remember seeing a MR2 in it but never unlocked it even when i got a 100% savegame (game was horrible, i got like 9% and said screw it)

Jusdrifn 86
26th December 2006, 11:00 AM
9%, that would have taken what, 2 races?
shortest career mode ever!!

i read you can only get the ae86 on xbox live or someshit, and in the jap version, us ps2 version it is unavailible

Jusdrifn 86
26th December 2006, 11:01 AM
very very awesome drift vid of the ae86 in carbon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYJVisOXots

jason4558
26th December 2006, 12:19 PM
that is a pretty decent effort in that vid

defect
26th December 2006, 02:18 PM
ill just stick with underground 1!
paid $15 for it couple of days ago
im way behindd but I find part 1 the best.

us_ae86
26th December 2006, 04:53 PM
i have this game for my PS3. it's ok. but i like playing Import Tuner Challenge on the 360 much better. http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif just my $.02

Klutch
26th December 2006, 05:09 PM
9%, that would have taken what, 2 races?
shortest career mode ever!!

i read you can only get the ae86 on xbox live or someshit, and in the jap version, us ps2 version it is unavailible[/b]
I think i did about 4 or 5 races.

The handling sucks.
The auto braking under 4k revs suck
The ai sucks
The graphics suck (very cartoony, they seem to be going backwards now)
Did i mention the handling sucks?

us_ae86
26th December 2006, 05:21 PM
the handling does suck. so i concur

timmay
27th December 2006, 01:39 PM
they should make a game like underground 2 crossed with grand theft auto.. that would be kool... go drifting in an ae86 then get out and shoot some dude ..

Vance
27th December 2006, 04:17 PM
I played this the other day and I think I lost some IQ points http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/blink.gif

The handling has got to be one of the shittest things out. If you turn a corner - at any speed - it just goes around like normal, never slides. If you turn a corner and then give it counter steer, it starts to slide. Great for switch backs and S-bends don't you think?

Fucking NFS has lost it big time. Underground 2 is where they should've stopped, decent cars, ok bodykits, pretty good customising options, reasonable handling physics, fair bit of gameplay and lots to unlock (if you play it a few times a week, not sit on it for days straight http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif)

I still can't find a racing game on the PS2 worthy of replacing GT4, and I don't think I will.

Klutch
27th December 2006, 11:03 PM
they should make a game like underground 2 crossed with grand theft auto.. that would be kool... go drifting in an ae86 then get out and shoot some dude ..[/b]
No.

If they ever crossed, the world would blow up.

kaibeecee
28th December 2006, 12:20 AM
right click save as.

http://www.nfszone.com/uploads/nfsc_13_tra..._gnagna2000.zip (http://www.nfszone.com/uploads/nfsc_13_trainer_gnagna2000.zip)

thats the trainer, unzip/run it, while the game is running, and select the two top options, and go to my cars (not career) and every available car in game will be drivable.

ke70dave
28th December 2006, 01:05 AM
wow thanks mate, will try that out tomorow, or...today..either one

oi that video of the ae86 on youtube, has it been sped up or something?

selk
28th December 2006, 01:12 AM
the drifting events are ok

GAKI86
29th December 2006, 01:07 PM
Name: 1987 Toyota Corolla GTS AE86
Price: 80 points
Available in: All regions
Dash Details: Unlock the 1987 Toyota Corolla GTS AE86 for your immediate use in Need for Speed Carbon, exclusive to Xbox Live Marketplace. A benchmark vehicle for the tuner culture, the rear-wheel drive Corolla set the standard for Japanese performance vehicles.

these fuckers are cashing in!! o_O

http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2006/12...me-content.aspx (http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2006/12/07/need-for-speed-carbon-various-in-game-content.aspx)

rthy
29th December 2006, 02:21 PM
do u get like one of those free mini spanners with NFSC on it or something?

**now plays that money makes the world go round song from that movie cabaret

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxXJxGNkr6o

Klutch
29th December 2006, 06:30 PM
This game is a waste of money[/b]
Cap'n obvious =p

corolla_kid
29th December 2006, 06:30 PM
if drifting in real life was as easy as nfs carbon everyone i reckon it would be a section on your drivin tests for your license (oh that would be soo cool)