PDA

View Full Version : michies ae86 road/ track car(ONE DAY)

hillclimb86
11th November 2006, 10:48 PM
well i thought it was about time to let all know what im doing (not alot atm)

the whole thing started about 11 months ago on a sat morn looking foe an ae82 for a track car then lucky me thought id never find one ae86 popped up on twincam.org rang the dude up and yep still had it so poked around to his house in sunny baulkum hillls. he had planned to do it up for drift but lost interest thank f**k, $800, no engine 3 gear boxes and everthing else and not to much rust car trailer to my house and the fun began.

after a few weeks finished stripping the car sound dead out, wires, wind screen and windows all out. after alot of thinking and some (now poor advice from friends) i decided to get a jdm 16v c**t front from just jap (wouldnt go there now). Rubbed back engine bay sprayed gmh black looked pretty, then out of c**t front in to mi ae86 swapped strutts engine wires etc. hooked all up and bang timing belt snapped on the first crank broke one of the colets on the valves what a bitch. Even more of a bitch just jap didnt want to know about it so started pulling engine apart found crank pully was locktighted on(had to break it in the end) and just a big mess(stripped bolts total gay) took ages to pull engine apart with help of mate whos builds engine for detroit deisel. He then proceeded to rebuild the engine 40thou over size pistons poilished head(had to get a another one) but when it came time for cams the cam buider wouldnt build any as he said it was a waste of my money(thanks) so thought about 20v head on my block and wouldnt work. so mate put engine back to gether and i sold it to another mate for 1500 too easy for me and him . i had bought a silver 20v engine from ichiabn for 600 for the head and quad throttles but i am now rebuilding that.( well my mate is)

while all this stuffing around was happeniong the blue sprinter had been sprayed white in and out and black all under neath, with a satin black bonnet mirrors and grill and vertex copy kit to come.new discs and pads on front and shoes on rear. i had also mounted a surge tank in the rear with a lift pump under car, run a new fuel supply out of bundy tube and braided lines lots of work but looks good. bought some rims from ottomotto 15x7 and 15x7.5 rays mesh nice dish pulled them apart and getting centres powder coated satin black and the outers polish up pretty good too. looking for some 20mm wider front guards at the moment to accomadate the wheels as my guards are too nice to flare out.

the 20v so far comsists of wiseco forged pistons 20 thou over 11:1 comp (297.1 grams each) arp studs and bolts all round, clevite 77 engine bearings. i think crank and rods had been linished and all moving internals balanced fly and clutch yet to be balenced getting cams made in week or two. havnt decided on head gaskit yet might use thinner one to raise comp by .5 but not going crazy big cams so dont know yet ?????????????. i have sleepless nights thinking about driving it but i will be waiting a lot longer as i am only quater the way through anyway............... all ive been doing is working so tonights my night off and free from gf
enough blab if you even got this far ill put some pics up soon got a bit of 16v stuff for sale too posts up next week

hillclimb86
18th November 2006, 05:40 PM
a few before and aftre pics of it painted fitting body kit tomorrow and paint next week hopefully. got the body kit from g force they have 2page add in drift battle its a dodgy set up, sells from his house, wierd. for 500 i hope its alright.
[attachment=9122:attachment]
[attachment=9116:attachment]
[attachment=9123:attachment]
[attachment=9117:attachment]

hillclimb86
18th November 2006, 07:24 PM
couple of pics of rims but no centres waiting for them to get powdre coated

Stuck
18th November 2006, 09:03 PM
* prays for wantanabes to fill the dish *

Orange hachi
18th November 2006, 10:00 PM
wow what a deal u got on the sprinter.
i hope the previous owner is on here and if he is i would like say sucked in!
haha
nicely done mate, lookin sweet

poh_86
19th November 2006, 03:38 AM
hi, may i ask who did the rust repair and spray job? that looks schmick
and the outer rim are they custom made or from the original rim?

flamingheads
19th November 2006, 11:43 AM
It looks like it's gonna be an awsome build up. Keep us updated http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/2thumbs.gif

hillclimb86
19th November 2006, 01:36 PM
my mate works for hitachi and there is a spray shop in there run privatly $2000 for the whole job fitted aswell including fixing rust there wasnt to much took hail damage out of roof and bonnet. the roof is tops and the bonnet was hammered so looks good considering and prob couple hundred to spray kit which dickheads at gforce gave me two drivers side skirts anyway. original rim rays mesh centres should be done soon

hillclimb86
1st January 2007, 08:37 PM
couple of pics of kit trial fit and bonnet, car sitting high though. Engine is on its way, cams have been made and rest of engine nearly finished ready to but back together. I have also ordered some of those engine mounts from racespec has anyone got these in there car. havnt been doing much to the car working and waiting for gararge to get built .
[attachment=10491:attachment]
[attachment=10492:attachment]

Stuck
1st January 2007, 11:53 PM
Reminds me somewhat of andys car.

oneyear
31st January 2007, 02:23 PM
so clean
and do you have any update??

hillclimb86
6th April 2007, 07:14 PM
finally after 3 months i have finished building my garage and work can now commence on the sprinter again,
Going to buy a car trailer in the next couple of weeks, then i can get the rollcage done and ill go from there.

[attachment=14051:attachment]

E V A N
6th April 2007, 08:08 PM
high class
nice ass

works510
9th April 2007, 09:41 PM
saw this car when i picked up the extractors off him last year!.. car looks great! good to c u got a garage as last time i saw it it was under a tarp in the middle of the backyard loL!

keep updates coming and goo0d luck with the car!

Bustin_86
10th April 2007, 12:07 PM
Love the shed, just built to take a little hachi and keep it safe http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif

hillclimb86
10th April 2007, 10:33 PM
Love the shed, just built to take a little hachi and keep it safe[/b]

pretty much, going to paint the floor which will be nice to work on. It also will be a spray booth for a couple of other projects.

parrot
11th June 2007, 04:00 PM
Hi all, roll cage in last week from bond roll bars. Good blokes recomend them to anyone $1950 bolt in cams approved cage fitted and sprayed. all other bits should start rolliing in waiting for bits and from about five different shops. Also bought a new car trailer couple weeks ago its got hydraulic tilt goood for low cars

[attachment=16462:attachment]
[attachment=16463:attachment]
[attachment=16464:attachment]

mike86
11th June 2007, 04:24 PM
lookin good cant wait to see it done should be a ripper

obey wan boenny
11th June 2007, 05:14 PM
the trailer is a minter http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/2thumbs.gif the build up looks good too, can't wait to see it finished.

bahnugget
11th June 2007, 05:18 PM
mmm that is a nice trailer and a good looking roll cage too http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tup.gif nice build man keep it coming.

rick q
11th June 2007, 08:31 PM
nice and clean ....... yum

hillclimb86
13th June 2007, 07:44 PM
got wheel centres back and cam cover. Glass going back in soon hopefully
[attachment=16617:attachment]
[attachment=16619:attachment]

rick q
13th June 2007, 09:23 PM
this thing is guna be nice as!