PDA

View Full Version : seat rail removal

banzai_pots
18th March 2009, 08:03 PM
jus wondering if neone knows how to the get seat rails off stock adm ae86 seats (without damaging the rails)? having a bit of trouble..
cheers

banzai_pots
23rd March 2009, 11:12 PM
neone?

marvis
23rd March 2009, 11:50 PM
How are you having trouble? Just undo the bolts and take it out?

--Redwork--
24th March 2009, 12:40 AM
Are you refering to removing the rail AND mount from the seat base or are you meaning remove the RAIL from the MOUNT..???

If you mean the later.. There should be 3 dommed rivit sorta things on each rail.. I just used a die grinder to grind the top of the rivit part flat and then they come apart..

But If you just want the seat off the whole rail/mount assembly its just bolts

hao.
24th March 2009, 01:01 AM
I'm not too sure what you mean exactly either. If you want to completely remove the rails / reclining mechanism from the seat from memory it's fairly straight forward. Like Marvis said it's pretty much just a few nuts and bolts. The one area that had me stumped was the metal bit that went into the back part of the seat. Like in this sketch I drew below. There were 2 (I think? can't remember) nuts in there that were mega hard to undo because the fabric was fairly tight around there. lots of WD40, swear words and a ring spanner were used to get them off. I can only recommend the same haha. Hopefully this makes sense.

P.S - I can't remember if there were 2 more on the other side of the seat. If so, do the same on both sides

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/3/9/0/9758.jpg

banzai_pots
24th March 2009, 08:19 PM
I'm not too sure what you mean exactly either. If you want to completely remove the rails / reclining mechanism from the seat from memory it's fairly straight forward. Like Marvis said it's pretty much just a few nuts and bolts. The one area that had me stumped was the metal bit that went into the back part of the seat. Like in this sketch I drew below. There were 2 (I think? can't remember) nuts in there that were mega hard to undo because the fabric was fairly tight around there. lots of WD40, swear words and a ring spanner were used to get them off. I can only recommend the same haha. Hopefully this makes sense.

P.S - I can't remember if there were 2 more on the other side of the seat. If so, do the same on both sides

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/3/9/0/9758.jpg

lol, thats the one, thanks all