PDA

View Full Version : Group buy 4age Argo race rods $780 per set Have arrived!

hinricp
4th January 2007, 04:33 PM
Took a bit longer than expected but they are a work of art and worth the wait! Some still available

[attachment=10615:attachment]*****Please note I have permission from the forum administrators to advertise this****
After shall we say 'difficulties' buying rods from another supplier I have arranged a group buy. These rods retail for $1325 a set plus GST. This price is awesome. For those who dont know these rods use used a lot in the PRB clubman racing world and are a top quality rod. After doing my research there are a lot of generic no name ones coming in made in a country not known for quality! If you are building a high revving screamer or plan to pump some boost you cant go past these. The cost of prepping factory rods properly makes this a great deal

4age Argo rods 42mm big end 20mm pin
Condition:
New
Price and price conditions:
$780 per set (6 available) first in best dressed. The rods will be ready end of January

Extra Info:
488 grams per rod. Made from CNC hi tensile billet steel - bushed , shot peened balanced and use ARP 2000 bolts

addit from Argo
The materieal we use is a High tensile Steel M238 (a 4140 equivilent) which
has been heat treated to 34 Rockwell prior to machining, the production
processes to not change this hardness.

Contact Details:
PM me or 0418239339

Delivery & Conditions of Delivery:
Postage (registered mail) at buyers expense or can pick up from Kellyville

SEXY 16
4th January 2007, 04:56 PM
this is a very very good price people

roadsailing
4th January 2007, 05:07 PM
interested, just expressing interest at this stage, hoping to firm it up.

mc68
4th January 2007, 05:40 PM
must resist...arrgh

these rods -are- the shit people !!!

rallystanza
4th January 2007, 05:43 PM
Fucken bargain! Spewin I got Carrillos now:P

Andor
4th January 2007, 06:00 PM
what is typical weight of standard rods?

Cameron_Datto
4th January 2007, 07:41 PM
Do they do a Good Deal on Rod for 7A engine for a 7age ?

jjoeworks
4th January 2007, 07:49 PM
Extemly interested. You have a PM.
Are these forged or steel. What sort of RPM are the safe for.

roadsailing
4th January 2007, 08:16 PM
Are these forged or steel. What sort of RPM are the safe for.[/b]

what do you mean forged OR steel

mc68
4th January 2007, 08:29 PM
forged or cast ??? lol

jjoeworks
4th January 2007, 08:44 PM
forged or cast ??? lol[/b]

Not sure what is so funny? Are they forged or just billet steel. It is fairly obvious that they are not cast you clown. Rods are usually cast iron from factory. They can also be CNC machined from a solid piece of steel of the best ones are forged into shape at huge pressures and then CNC machined. I suspect that these are billet steel. Not as good as forged ones.

terryo
4th January 2007, 09:43 PM
I'm not involved in this but might be able to clear up some mis-understandings.
Engine makers have not used cast steel for con-rods of very high performance engines for years. They are almost all steel forgings, which are then finish machined. because of the huge volumes, they can get a forging die made for the exact shape they want, so they have only to grind off the flashing (excess bits) and finishing machining. There are limits to the complexity of the forged shape, so some rod profiles cant be made this way.
I cant recall ever seeing a cast iron conrod, but some engines used sintered iron corods (eg early 7A), which are similar in appearace, and just as weak in performace uses.
Billet just refers to a chunk of metal. Small makers like Argo often make their rods from cast & rolled steel billets, or forged steel billets, either of which they cut up and machine to their final shape and specs. You have to ask which method they are using, the grades of steel, and the heat treatment applied, to make any sort of judgement on their worth.
Shape is largely incidental unless you are at the cutting edge of power. Some makers have particular shape preferances and thats part of their designs.
Lightweight steel rods from a reputable supplier are generally made from drop forged billets , often using 4340 steel, which is then heat treated and shot peened.

jjoeworks
4th January 2007, 10:15 PM
Terryo

Thanks for clearing that up with such an informative answer. In your race cars that you are building are you using stock rod or after market and if so what brand would you sugest.

Micknofx
4th January 2007, 10:20 PM
The website: argo conrods (http://argorace.com.au/index.cfm?menukey=12)

Not much specific info though.

Oh and cam dat, looks like they do do 7A

SEXY 16
4th January 2007, 10:34 PM
that they do as i have them in my 7age

hinricp
4th January 2007, 10:47 PM
I did enquire re the 7ag rods. They do make them but I have not included them in this group buy. The small end was 22mm from memory you you need to specify if you want a 20mm pin for a 4age piston. The deals they can do depend on volume. They have a 'green list' of some rods they make heaps of which are even cheaper than the group buy 4age price but as one offs the rrp is 1325 plus gst[quote]

hinricp
5th January 2007, 10:37 AM
4 sets left

hinricp
6th January 2007, 01:19 PM
Come on people - still have 3 sets left. Only need $200 deposit now to secure yours

In answer the the question re weight of std rods, the club4ag web site has a tech reference
86kw rod 459 grams
ae101 2v 514 grams
4agze 526 grams

for my 4agte application I will save 38 grams per rod plus they will be stronger. My Arias pistons are 30g lighter than the factory slugs so it represents a fair weight saving.

SEXY 16
6th January 2007, 02:46 PM
will thes fit a 4ac motor
will will be running motec also

hinricp
6th January 2007, 02:49 PM
Sexy16
They are an excellent rod but possibly not up to your extreme power target of the 4AC. Is that the new Motec with Carburettor control?

SEXY 16
7th January 2007, 08:21 PM
free "nelson mandella" bump

lo_rolla
7th January 2007, 10:41 PM
tempting, But I could possibly get them for even cheaper http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif

hinricp
8th January 2007, 12:46 PM
I could have got them cheaper too but needed to sell 25 sets and I still have unsold sets as it is.

realism91
9th January 2007, 05:19 PM
I could have got them cheaper too but needed to sell 25 sets and I still have unsold sets as it is.[/b]
i do believe these to an excellent replacement for the stock rods. and dont understand those people wasting time on a 7A think the 4k would of been a better choice.

hinricp
9th January 2007, 06:00 PM
Next group buy - Argo push rods

SEXY 16
9th January 2007, 06:15 PM
forgive me but i think a 7a will shit over any 4a sorry

hinricp
9th January 2007, 06:18 PM
Paul
Need to be careful - I got the second throat of the carby working and will soon be installing some used 5-40 synthetic oil - it is now full drift spec

realism91
9th January 2007, 07:20 PM
Paul
Need to be careful - I got the second throat of the carby working and will soon be installing some used 5-40 synthetic oil - it is now full drift spec[/b]
yeah sorry toyota used to sell lots of corollas with 7A's in them - the chicks love em

hinricp
9th January 2007, 07:36 PM
that does it you two - buy some rods or find your own forum! - See you Friday evening

hinricp
10th January 2007, 03:25 PM
bump - have added specs to first post

jjoeworks
10th January 2007, 07:45 PM
Don't you mean 20mm pin and 45mm big end. They have a 42mm crank but the big end bore is 45mm. I would check to see if you have ordered the correct ones. 40mm Crank is about 43mm big end bigend bore. I have just ordered a set of Pauter rods and I have ordered 20mm pin with 45mm big end to fit a 42mm crank.

hinricp
10th January 2007, 08:04 PM
Yes the rods have a 45mm big end and the bearing is the difference to a 42 big end crank. Just if I say 45 big end rods stupid people don't know the difference.

jjoeworks
10th January 2007, 08:22 PM
Yes the rods have a 45mm big end and the bearing is the difference to a 42 big end crank. Just if I say 45 big end rods stupid people don't know the difference.[/b]

No worries I was just checking. I was just making sure as it is easy to make a mistake and it can be confusing to some.

Good luck with the sale.

Cheers

cando1
11th January 2007, 04:36 PM
nice free bump

lo_rolla
11th January 2007, 09:56 PM
I can machine the big ends if they're wrong http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/sleep.gif.

The parts guy left work!! I don't know if I can get parts cheap any more, whens this getting all wrapped up?

sprinterman68
11th January 2007, 10:50 PM
listen here puff yr wagon and sexy 16 [b]both of u only have 16v and 8v real men have 20v lol

see u guys on fri nite

hinricp
12th January 2007, 10:55 AM
Have checked with Argo rods are due end of Jan - Just need to prostitute myself to have the dosh for the unsold units or else will just use credit card. Will post a pic of the forums biggest rod gathering shortly. Will have to leave the 4K push rod group buy for the moment

rileymoore05
14th January 2007, 10:27 PM
think puff should pull his head outta his arse and stop talking of things he knows nothing about.
If anyone organisies a group buy for 7A rods you can count me in.
i can get them for $1250 through my supplier, but hes just a middle man so dont think he will do this any cheaper.
Im assuming these 4age rods are coming directly from argo hence the discount.

SEXY 16
15th January 2007, 10:36 AM
you tell the puff bloke dan you tell them
up the mighty powa of the 7age

hinricp
15th January 2007, 12:07 PM
Settle Dan - if you can't tell - Puff is only joking. The rods are direct from Argo. 4age ones are that price also (normally) - my advertised price is because I have purchased 10 sets - thus the group buy discount. You will need a $3,000 deposit before they will commence production with the rest payable when the comptete the order.

Paul - I have lost my 10mm ring spanner. John thinks he might have left it in your sump. I need it back as it is part of a set.

Cheers Peter

realism91
16th January 2007, 09:22 PM
sorry to of upset you so much dan but the truth does sometime not tickle as you would like. and i think a might just know a little of the 7A. when you replace a crank or two get back to me .

SEXY 16
16th January 2007, 09:31 PM
what the hell would you know puff
go back to greenland lad

rileymoore05
16th January 2007, 09:39 PM
yeah, i actually work for toyota fucktard.
if you think we are talking about 7afe's your are little slow.
paul has a 7age, and i have a 7agte. this is not a thread to discuss pros or cons of this mod, all i am saying is id buy some stonger rods for shure if i could get them cheap, as would alot of other people judging buy the interest in this thread. seems he wasnt making a joke after all who ever it was telling me too settle.
nothing further to add, so dont waste your time replying.

realism91
16th January 2007, 09:57 PM
well well so sorry but the ten years i worked for toyota must of been a dream i had . and your mother said stop using that language.

hinricp
16th January 2007, 10:18 PM
Free 18-RC to everyone who stops arguing on my post

Dan - it was me telling you to settle. Sexy16 and
Puffthemagicwagon actually know each other - it is called banter and is usually harmless. We are fully aware that the 7age set up can work fine if done right and is extensively used in clubman racing etc

p.s. Buy some rods everyone

p.p.s Paul - I still want the 10mm ring spanner back - will swap for an 11mm and a 13mm and no - I don't want an orange tractor

hinricp
14th March 2007, 09:08 PM
Bump - they have arrived!