PDA

View Full Version : QLD sprint series

svenny
19th March 2009, 10:10 PM
hey guys, heard a few reports from some mates about a sprint series going on at QR and lakeside, looking for some information on the whole thing prices, regulations, classes etc etc. pretty keen to step into the grip scene, was going to participate in hill climbs but would rather do actual track work.

thanks

sven

Adsie
20th March 2009, 07:55 AM
I did the SAS (Saturday Arvo Sprints) series last year and am doing it again this year plus lakeside. They are great fun, all the info can be found on the QR website but to answer your questions. Price for SAS is $119 pre pay or $149 on the day, Lakeside is more expensive $189 or $219 on the day. These are just for street cars although there are some very serious 'street' cars out there. Class as divided in to cylinder groups 4, 6 and 8 and forced induction moves you up to the next class. There are other ones like WAS and Top Gear Sprints but I've never been so your best to look them up.

The next SAS is April 4 and there is a Lakeside open sprint on April 5. Will be a great weekend.

Eircamae86
20th March 2009, 07:21 PM
This I will be doing, good stuff, might not make the early april one but deffo at a later date.

kaibeecee
20th March 2009, 07:47 PM
keep in mind for lakeside, every car IS noise tested upon scruitineering. and i'd be willing to bet that 80% of 'quick' 86's wouldn't be within the rule limitations. so beware.

Eircamae86
20th March 2009, 07:51 PM
ha,ha :hehe:
You havent seen my 1 inch back box, Im serious.
Although it did start blowing really badly before the backbox last week

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/8/5/9386.jpg

Must borrow a decibel metre from some H&S bird at work

svenny
21st March 2009, 02:13 AM
thanks guys, now just to get sum money to finish the car!!

Adsie
21st March 2009, 03:45 PM
keep in mind for lakeside, every car IS noise tested upon scruitineering. and i'd be willing to bet that 80% of 'quick' 86's wouldn't be within the rule limitations. so beware.

When I was at Lakeside there wasn't scruitineering but they did have drive by noise tests on the main straight though. Mine recorded 93db with a silencer and open quads. A couple people got asked to short shift and a few to leave from memory. Saw an RX7 that stuffed steel wool up the exhaust to make it quite lol

kaibeecee
23rd March 2009, 04:16 PM
yeah they still do the drive-by testing, but for the most part they get you to line up in your bay and test you one by one if they suspect you're a louder vehicle.

found this out as i got invited to an all mx-5 track day but had to turn the offer down as my car is too f**king loud to say the least.