PDA

View Full Version : Sensor voltage ranges

PuGZoR
20th March 2009, 02:10 PM
Hey boys and girls,

Was wondering, does anyone know what voltage/resistance different sensors in the AE86 4AGE or AE101 4AGZE range between?

I made myself a nice lil heads up display with a warning buzzer. Wanted to know where the sensors sit during normal operating, so as that I can set the functions before setting it up in the car.

If possible, use examples like:
On an AE86 4AGE, the temp sensor at the front of the engine has a resistance of 300 Ohms @ 85 degrees C, and 350 Ohms at 97 degrees C. (Those figures were completely made up, they could put out a voltage for all I know)

Thanks. :D

ke70dave
20th March 2009, 06:58 PM
Hey boys and girls,

Was wondering, does anyone know what voltage/resistance different sensors in the AE86 4AGE or AE101 4AGZE range between?

I made myself a nice lil heads up display with a warning buzzer. Wanted to know where the sensors sit during normal operating, so as that I can set the functions before setting it up in the car.

If possible, use examples like:
On an AE86 4AGE, the temp sensor at the front of the engine has a resistance of 300 Ohms @ 85 degrees C, and 350 Ohms at 97 degrees C. (Those figures were completely made up, they could put out a voltage for all I know)

Thanks. :D

experimentation is prolly going to be the only way

cup of boiling water, a multi meter, and a thermometer and you can plot the graph in excel

you are right in your assumption that they give a resistance, which equates to a change in voltage, and thus it can be read on a guage

have fun

Hen may possibly be a nut
20th March 2009, 07:41 PM
Yes, experimentation is the way.

The AE86 engine manual should give you a rough idea though. They love examples like "check the resistance of the coolant temperature sensor, if not within the range specified, replace it. Range 800ohm - 1200ohm".

Hen

Tim.duncan
23rd March 2009, 07:43 AM
Hey

I know that the green temp sensor on the back of the head on a gze 101 motor shows 1.9V when cold and will drop to 0.5V when the car has heated up. This is how i set up the control unit for my thermo fan so i played around with this allot. starting the car up cold and watching is drop as it heated up. hope this helps in some way.