PDA

View Full Version : rear suspension

Stej
20th March 2009, 06:50 PM
hey been driving my ae86 and it feels like the backend is floating as i turn i thought it might had been the steering rack but ive changed all that and it still feels strange anyone have any idea as to what the problem might be
cheers

Konakid
20th March 2009, 07:54 PM
Trailing arm bushes, panhard rod bushes.

Worn shocks.

Wanna tell us a bit more info regarding what mods youve done?

Did it suddenly just start doing this on a drive or what?

Stej
20th March 2009, 08:28 PM
iam not too sure as to what ive got i bought the car with all the suspension done and not too sure at what iam looking at. well i have just recently finished a engine swap and i have had the car up on jacks on the front and i thought maybe putting alot of pressure on the rear may cause a fault

Jonny Rochester
21st March 2009, 12:24 AM
...feels like the backend is floating as i turn...

Most likely panhard rod bushes. Get under the car with a long lever bar and lever a few things.

--Redwork--
21st March 2009, 02:26 AM
This is a silly question but... Tyres pumped up.???.. Its always the little things..
But I agree with everyone else... Bushes and shocks... more than likely.

Stej
21st March 2009, 10:55 AM
ok cheers ill try that jonny thanks

Stej
21st March 2009, 12:57 PM
i have put a jack under the diff of the car and lifted it up but as iam lifting it up the right side wheel lifts up more than the left side does that mean my left shock is rooted?

dion_jay
21st March 2009, 01:13 PM
red work... its not that silly of a question..

after working on my car one day i took it for a "test drive" and it just felt like shit... pulled to the left etc..

at first i though i must have bent an arm some where but turns out my front left tire was near flat