PDA

View Full Version : CA mounting

squish_m8
22nd March 2009, 05:23 PM
Basically want to know what brackets would be required to mount a CA18 on an ae71 cross member

thanks

Hokey
22nd March 2009, 05:51 PM
you can make them yourself or buy some from kaizen garage. there are no brackets that are factory made that'll make it just bolt up. it's all custom.

*urban_ninja*
22nd March 2009, 06:03 PM
use the s13 x member it is alot better a bit of a fuck around but way way better in the end.

slydar
22nd March 2009, 06:07 PM
use the s13 x member it is alot better a bit of a fuck around but way way better in the end.

no. .

ke70dave
22nd March 2009, 07:01 PM
i belive there was a guy on rollaclub that used rb20 mounts with ae71 x member to put a CA in.

have a look around there.

stanzzza
22nd March 2009, 09:22 PM
no. .

Lol

Its proablly the easiest way to install a sr/ca/rb into a 86, plus you have power steering and can upgrade to a s14 rack for more lock with minimal mods not to mention it's makes things a hell of a lot easyer if you plan on running a s13 front too.

i belive there was a guy on rollaclub that used rb20 mounts with ae71 x member to put a CA in.

have a look around there.

not sure about that but rb20 rubber engine mounts are the same as nismo sr20 mounts suposably

worked
22nd March 2009, 11:04 PM
please elaborate on why it's not a good choice slydar
not jawin off, i dead set always listen when you have something to say
and seeing as i'm now using a ke with s13 x-member in it i'd love to see why you think it's a poor choice...i'm not sure whetehr to go back to ae crossmember or not

squish_m8
23rd March 2009, 09:55 AM

how much "fucking around"?

*urban_ninja*
23rd March 2009, 03:44 PM
just getting the bolting corect really its a lot less than making mounts up a shit load less. get a s13 x member and a 86 one and just look to see what need changing. I cant remember I did look into it but my brain is not working atm.

worked
4th April 2009, 12:03 AM
next time i'm under mine i'll take photos
daim and i were amazed how little you need to slot out to get the s13 x member in
mine is in
handles fine, really good actually, only drama i've run into is you can't run much caster (i'm stuck at 3 deg of caster at the moment, would like 5-6 liek my old setup) and the track as s13 LCAs give you sigma arm style track and camber, even with camber tops adjusted out
prob the only option i can see there is rose jointing your LCAs unless someone knows of a bolt in option that replaces s13 LCA???