PDA

View Full Version : Places to send you car

Sprinterboy
24th December 2008, 02:13 AM
Ok fellas, (and ladies if we have any on board)

List up the places you've work done on your spoonta and would happily send others. Try to refrain from bad mouthing bad workmanship if you weren't happy. Not here to make enemies

Good example: "AutoPlaceofawesomeworkshop" was great; bob and Barry have a lot of great knowledge and always willing to make time

Or Garage Bla bla, not so great IMO wasn't happy with service/price.

Me first

Autotech/Aflatech Hume (just moved from Fysh)
Provide great service, Great Advice, bit $$$. But worth it.
Services: Everything from wiring your dash to Dyno tuning and rebuilding engines. Autronic/Haltech/Motec resellers

Carco Exhaust Centre Belconnen
Russel is an ex 86 owner, has plenty of race exp.
Services: Exhaust, custom fab work. Wiring, Autronic reseller

Jakes performance: Wasn’t happy with Service provided. (I think he’s closed down now anyway)

maxhag
28th December 2008, 12:11 AM
For Exhaust, I have always gone to Glenn @ Roadway Exhausts, Belconnen. Good work, Very cheap prices +REP

I once went to 'The Exhaust Shop' in mitchell, to weld a crack in my dump pipe and re-sit the exhaust,
It cracked again a week later and they wouldn't come to the party.... neg REP

For Tuning/Dyno, I went to Kit @ Gentech in Mitchell. He knows his drag stuff....
I reckon he did a good job, but I have nothing to compare it to. It cost $800

I used M&A Engeernig for my custom g/box mount and custom tailshaft. Did a top quality job, used all NEW parts, but cost $1050. +REP

For Smash Repairs, I use Braddon Smash Repairs. Did a great job, and was a good price.

Sprinterboy
28th December 2008, 07:29 AM
+ for M&A, steve used them to also mount up his W57, cost a bit but worth it IMO.

maxhag
28th December 2008, 12:32 PM
yeah, Mick (M&A) knows his stuff...

maxhag
9th April 2009, 11:24 PM
Can anyone recomend someone for a New intercooler, fitting and custom piping?

Best ad in phonebook seems to be Phillip radiator centre. Any reports?

Who did yours Justin?

jamekins
10th April 2009, 11:15 AM
I need to get an axle straightened. I hear southern diff is good for this. Is there any where else I should be checking out too? and how much would I have to part with?

maxhag
13th April 2009, 07:10 PM
I need to get an axle straightened. I hear southern diff is good for this. Is there any where else I should be checking out too? and how much would I have to part with?

Try M&A engineering in Mitchell......:thumbup:

jamekins
24th December 2012, 09:34 PM
Gunna bump this up again to check if braddon smash repairs is still a good place to look at for some panel beating/chassis straightening? Got rear ended today (great Christmas present) and the back end of the car is pretty munted. Also anyone got a fuel tank and some tail lights kicking around they may be willing to part with?

maxhag
25th December 2012, 12:38 PM
Can you put up a pic, so we can see how bad the damage is?

jamekins
25th December 2012, 08:29 PM
For those that're interested

McLEVIN
26th December 2012, 10:49 AM
Is the person who rear ended you paying? If so I'll sell you my whitline tail lights for a highly inflated price.

jamekins
26th December 2012, 07:41 PM
Yeah they have full comprehensive so they should be paying, was actually eyeing some redlines off. All depends on what the insurance company says

ae8zn6
29th December 2012, 03:40 PM
Hate to be a nay sayer, but that damage on the side suggests serious damage to the chassis rail... The car will need to be straightened and re-aligned and you have to remember than an insurance company will value it as a 30 year old corolla (ie worth about 1.5k) I would be prepared to be told it has been written off :S

jamekins
30th December 2012, 11:20 AM
Yeah that is the conclusion me and JoJo came to. Gunna print out some for sale adds of Sprinters with similar mods thought and try and prove to them what the car is actually worth. Because if I was selling it when it before it was hit I would probably have been looking at 8-9 grand. But fully prepared to be reemed by the insurance company.

ryebred_06
3rd February 2013, 11:25 PM
Yeah that is the conclusion me and JoJo came to. Gunna print out some for sale adds of Sprinters with similar mods thought and try and prove to them what the car is actually worth. Because if I was selling it when it before it was hit I would probably have been looking at 8-9 grand. But fully prepared to be reemed by the insurance company.

Hey mate,

I actually had a car accident - my fault. Car is comprehensive. Anyways, NRMA said it was a right off.
Damage was so minimal- needed a new headlight, news bumper and bonnet. so it was fcked to say that it was a right off.

But i did exactly what you did and appealed for a reconsider. I put together about a 5 page document with other cars of similar mods etc and pretty much said it wasnt just car but hobby and tried to make it seem like it was really important.... He reconsidered and valued the car more than 6 i think...it was a couple of years ago but yeh. Gave it a shot and it worked.

so try it out...wont hurt.

kollateralkicker
29th July 2014, 12:10 PM
For body work I've been to J-Racing in Fyshwick. Jerry is very reasonable. I've only paid him cash so maybe that is why he doesn't charge me as much. I've taken my Polo to get a body kit sprayed and fitted on, scooter fairings fixed, panel beating. All top quality craftsmanship. We also have mutual friends and I always point people to him so that may also be why he is very reasonable when he charges me.