PDA

View Full Version : 4AG into Ke70

burado
4th April 2007, 11:56 PM
Hey Guys i said that i would post up the wiring diagram that i made for my KE-4AG project ( + other toys)
This is a very simple setup but it does not offer any advance curve at all, so your base timing will have to be what you want to run. I suggest 32 degrees advance. My car will struggle to wind over on the starter on a cold morning but has never failed to start. This was also the exact same setup i ran on my race car for 18 months and NEVER failed!
There are modules on the market for aroun $300 from a company in NZ that will offer advance curves but i couldn't justify spending the money when what i have works so well. (I actually had one and it fried so i updated to this)

If anyone has come across a module that allows an advance curve for less than $300 I would love to hear about it, I've searched through quite a few of my Bosch and Champion catalouges and couldnt find one.

Ok Go buy your self a BIM 024 Bosch Module( i believe Bosch has a better product than other suppliers)

The white wire out of the distributor goes to Pin 3 on the module, The Blue wire goes to Pin 7, the red gets tucked away it's not needed.

*Note Do not run these wires alongside your high tension coil wire there will be interference*

Pin 15 on the module goes to Ignition switched battery voltage Remove the Balast resistor out of the circuit and put Ignition switched battery voltage to coil + as well, although the balast resistor is there to lower power to the coil to protect it while engine is running i have never hurt a coil with this method, you could always updates to a GT40 coil if you wanted.

Pin 16 goes to coil -

Try to get hold of a heat sink out of an old computer, I used a soild piece of alloy. mount the module to it using the heat sink paste supplied with the module. preferably in a place where it will get cool air and no water, dirt etc. Mines on the inner guard at the top. but must have a good earth, the module it earthed through the body.

Start your car and set the timing.
Once again Base timing will have to be about 32'.
**But please note all engines are different. you must be super vigillant and listen for detonation or pinging while driving the car, This will severly hurt any engine**

If yours is pinging just keep knocking the timing back slowly

There you go. Works for me and should work for you. If you have any problems Pm me i'll try to help you out Or book your car in and Ill sort it out! http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif

If you want any spcifics on the twin 40mm webbers im using PM me and i'll let you Know

Course_Out
5th April 2007, 06:14 PM
Thats a huge help, thanks heaps!

burado
17th April 2007, 11:00 PM
The Bosch Module i'm using is a BIM-024

Car is still going great! gave it a run up a local hillside other arvo and was impressing me!

I did notice Dr1ft Pig was holding on tight! http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif

dr1ft-pig
17th April 2007, 11:02 PM
lol all in good fun but need sum fixed backs in it and sum harnesses haha no holding on then

car sounds fukin amazing jase

r3zzz4
17th April 2007, 11:23 PM
You'd probably still wana hold on...the cars fast but the man drivin it is nuts!