PDA

View Full Version : The mystery has been solved.

driftke70
18th April 2007, 01:48 AM
To get to the point, ive been into fish tanks for a long time (roughly 12 years) my tank is pretty much an eco system, all i do is put food in, a bit of water in to top it up once a week and i dont touch it. Havnt cleaned it in years, havnt touched a filter in months my fish are amazingly healthy and colourful and never get sick.

But I always topped the water up once a week, i knew i had to because i couldnt sleep in my bed room because the level had gotten low enough that the filters would make a fair amount of noise with the water having to fall a fair distance (picture a mini waterfall)

anyhoo i noticed i was topping my tank up pretty often, like more often than i normally do. Then it became a once a day thing instead of once a week. I thought about it, checked around the tank to make sure there were no obvious signs of it leaking or anything gay like that. A day later the corner of my bed was all damp when i got into it, i could not even begin to imagine how it got like that and thought maybe one of my moms friends children came over and spilt something or something gay like that.

Then it hit me,

about 2 weeks ago i bought another archer fish. I had one already but he never seemed to spit, i got another one that liked to spit and it rubbed off on the other one. They never really spit infront of me unless i offer them food. But i listened carefull when i turned the lights off and got into bed, and the little bastards were spitting everwhere. All over my carpet, my tv a fair bit of other crap. A small piece of acrylic fixed it, but never the less, it was a fun mystery.

If anyone out there has any pics of their fish tanks or descriptions of their setups post em up. Im not talking your sister has a siamese fighting fish or something gay like that.

MountainRunner
18th April 2007, 02:11 AM
my uncle feeds gold fish to his fish http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/laugh.gif takes em ages to eat it

driftke70
18th April 2007, 02:28 AM
my tank is much smaller than previous setups, i had fish that were too quick, you would be concentrating on getting the feeder fish into the tank and as soon as it hits the water you step back and look and you cant see it, then theres one little puppy sitting in the corner looking smug.