PDA

View Full Version : GB: Timing Belt Cover Stickers (4AGE/4AGZE/4AGTE)

PuGZoR
16th May 2007, 11:08 AM
Admin approved.... it's a ONCE ONLY OFFER GUYS

Hey all,

I thought it'd be freaking awesome to have a little 4AGTE sticker on my timing belt cover to replace the 4AGZE one I've currently got there, so I thought I'd see how much interest there is for some. I'll be doing the artwork, and should be exactly the same size and shape as the original 4AGE/4AGZE ones, but instead of the silver metallic writing there'll be just plain white writing on a black background, and it'll be all gloss. Please note that since this is a one-shot kind of sticker, they won't do laser cutting for it, so you'll have to cut the design out by hand. It'll be white text on a black background so it shouldn't be too hard. However, it's a cool little touch for those who are pedantic about things like this.

The guy who makes my stickers does a minimum 1x1m sheet at a time, so I just want to see how many people were interested in one so when I get a sheet made up (including a few other ones I want for my car), I do enough 4AGTE/4AGZE/4AGE stickers to satisfy demand so no one misses out. I'll be making extra but I'd like to try and get a rough number.

I think costing will be about $5 posted anywhere in Australia (from Brisbane), and if I actually manage to pay for the whole sheet I'll donate any left over money to AE86DC, 'cause I'm just trying to get a 4AGTE sticker for myself at the end of the day, haha.

So yeah, if you are interested send me a PM or reply to this thread, saying what type you want (4AGTE / 4AGZE or 4AGE), and numbers if you want more than one. Can put other text if you want there, but, not doing any different shapes. There are no minimum numbers, I'll go through with this no matter what, I just need to know approx how many people want them.

Tally (bracket number = approx number being made at the moment)

4K-C
3 (5)

4A-C
10 (15)

4AGE
6 (10)

4AGZE
1 (5)

4AGTE
3 (10)

7AGTE
1 (4)

4AGZTE
2 (5)

WTF-16T
1 (1)

caibs
16th May 2007, 12:03 PM
i want a 4k sticker for my gte can you get one of them ?

rallystanza
16th May 2007, 12:11 PM
I want a 4AC sticker for my turbo 4age.

Thanks,

Jez

PuGZoR
16th May 2007, 12:12 PM
Just 4K? In the same size/shape/style as the other ones I'm planning to make? If the answer is yes to those two questions, then yeah, sure can.

quoccy
16th May 2007, 12:33 PM
i'd like a 4AC sticker aswell

bahnugget
16th May 2007, 12:51 PM
bahaha i assume these people are the ones who HAVENT engineered their 4age's http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/greenbounce.gif

RobertoX
16th May 2007, 03:39 PM
4ages dont need engineering

cuzzo
16th May 2007, 06:22 PM
ill have a 4agte

ozwd
16th May 2007, 07:01 PM
4agte for me

andru_g
16th May 2007, 07:16 PM
yea i want 2 x 4AC stickers

thanks

Andrew

hilton
16th May 2007, 07:40 PM
Fmy 4age sticker on my smallport was all peeling off so i made a new one, it fits perfect and soo many people notice it,,,i could prolly make you soem if u want em.

driftke70
16th May 2007, 08:08 PM
id grab a 4age one, mine doesnt have one for some stupid reason, im going to be modifying my cam cover soon with some clear acrylic so you can see the awesomeness of cam gears, so ill be needing one.

samuel
16th May 2007, 08:21 PM
Admin approved

but this is a ONE OFF...

damo101
16th May 2007, 08:25 PM
1 x 4AC please thanks

4AC FTW!! http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/laugh.gif

PuGZoR
16th May 2007, 08:35 PM
Admin approved

but this is a ONE OFF...[/b]
Understood. Doubly means I don't want anyone to miss out so guys, express your interest now or forever hold your piece. (by that I mean your wang)

Just a clarrification too... I will be posting up pictures of how they came up before taking any money, so if you're not happy with them it's fine, you don't need to fork over the hard earned. I won't take any offence, lol. The only aim of this is to recover some of the cost of getting a sticker myself, that'll actually last living in an engine bay, and also possibly support AE86DC.

BTW: Guys, do you want 4AG-E, 4A-GE, or 4AGE? At the moment they're being printed as it's written, but if people want it round another way you better tell me. Same with all codes...

Closing expressions of interest Sunday 20th of May, 2007 at 11:59pm

ae86_Guy
16th May 2007, 08:43 PM
I'll have a 4AGE sticker! I always wonder where mine went... http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/blink.gif

Julz01
16th May 2007, 09:02 PM
Ill take a 4ac one as well, for later on

MountainRunner
16th May 2007, 09:40 PM
ill take a 4kc 1 and a 4age plz pm me

rileymoore05
16th May 2007, 09:45 PM
can you do me a 7agte sticker?

Sprinter_Seth
16th May 2007, 09:48 PM
can i get a 4agze sticker please

JDM SEEKER
16th May 2007, 10:56 PM
can i get a 4AGZTE

skein
16th May 2007, 11:37 PM
4AC please

MountainRunner
17th May 2007, 12:03 AM
Shouldnt it Be White writing with black backround ?

cuzzo
17th May 2007, 12:04 AM
if anyone wanted 4agze ones asap they sell them at castle hil toyota in NSW.

apart from that.

i wonder if i could get

WTF-16T? aswell as 4agte

PuGZoR
17th May 2007, 12:37 AM
I'll do a small run of 7AGTE and 4AGZTE (rare combinations, but hey, I guess they're not too hard to do), and Cuzzo I'll try and get a WTF-16T as well. Might as well give it a go, haha. Once again guys, the aim here is that I'm not a sticker shop, lol, so I will write mostly anything you want on these as long as it's engine related (including comical ones), but I'm only doing one shape and style. I think that's fair....

PuGZoR
17th May 2007, 12:40 AM
Shouldnt it Be White writing with black backround ?[/b]
They are going to be, yes... (didn't think anyone mentioned anything to the contrary)

Ru-iki
17th May 2007, 12:40 AM
Ill take a 4ac, and a 4age one. Thanks.

MountainRunner
17th May 2007, 01:44 AM
u said it was black with white backround silly LOL

James86
17th May 2007, 01:57 AM
ill take 2 4ac stickers

JDM-086
17th May 2007, 02:23 AM
1 4age sticker

mc68
17th May 2007, 02:32 AM
ill take a 4AGE one kthx!

MountainRunner
17th May 2007, 02:37 AM
looks like HEAPS OF intrest hope it goes though

Cameron_Datto
17th May 2007, 08:48 AM
4AGZTE x 1 So long as the Sticker adhesive is temperature resistant engine bay heat

rallystanza
17th May 2007, 10:14 AM
I think thats a very important point you have mentioned Cameron Datsun.

Need to make sure stickers are going to withstand the fire and fury of an engine like a 4AGTE, not to mention a 4AC.

PuGZoR
17th May 2007, 10:40 AM
The stickers are going to be the same kind of material/adhesive that you stick on your back windscreen. Now don't get me wrong, it probably will come off eventually, but I've seen that stuff last for years out in the sun and weather. I think it's impractical to think it'll last forever, but, it should last for at least a few years even in a heavily heated engine bay. If there are options to get heat resistant stuff I'll see what I can do, but yeah I've thought about this already and can't see it as being a big problem.

EDIT: Hah, whoops. Yeah, they're meant to be white text on a black background. Stock looking basically. Interest is looking freaking great so far. Will do up some proofs over the weekend for ya'll.

MountainRunner
17th May 2007, 10:49 AM
Kool http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/biggrin.gif im so putting the 4kc sticker on my 4age

PuGZoR
21st May 2007, 10:11 AM
Just wanted to post a little update. Made the print file on the weekend (Hah, computer chucked a bit of a spaz trying to save a 1m x 1m EPS file @ 300dpi... but got there 920mb later...) and the file is currently at the printers getting checked out. Gave him my PSD files as well so he might be able to convert it if there are issues with the EPS but that's unlikely, I did throw it into CMYK format with vectors, which most printers go by. Process uses solvent, not dyes, which suprises me, but it should be normally absolutely fine for outdoor conditions, and should hold up fine in an engine bay. Will know by the end of today if it needs modification or is clear for printing. At this rate might have them by the end of the week. http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif

I didn't go to a hell of a lot of effort with these. I mean I did use a digital micrometer to get sizing absolutely perfect of the outside design, and clearances of text to edge fairly close to what they were naturally, even got the cut corners the correct size. However, I didn't go to a lot of trouble to get text centred, only did it by eye, but I've been doing it for a while so it should be fine. I'll take pics when they're done of best/worst examples, and if you like what you can see, then you can buy.... if not, no pressure. http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif Everyone wins.

.ady
21st May 2007, 10:14 AM
- 1x 4AGE http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif

DavisJD
21st May 2007, 12:34 PM
Il get a 4ac sticker http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/ph34r.gif

PuGZoR
21st May 2007, 12:49 PM
Expressions of interest are closed dudes... getting quite a few printed off, should be enough for everyone. I hope.

cuzzo
21st May 2007, 05:13 PM
i seriously cant wait for these. Hopefully your getn me a wtf-16t and 4agte one. http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/biggrin.gif

obey wan boenny
23rd May 2007, 11:56 AM
hey mate, what's the go with these so far?

PuGZoR
24th May 2007, 10:21 AM
I was hoping things would have moved a little faster than this but aww well, haha. Okay, the deal is that my printer mate has had some mechanical failures in his shop of late (never happened before, I get heaps of promo stuff printer through him for work) so he's been flat out chasing that up, rather than these stickers. Fair enough I guess. He's just working out some stuff at the moment, but, I should get a final deal on what's happening today or tomorrow, so will keep you all updated.

Good news though! There's enough interest in this to justify having the whole sheet cold laminated, which is an extra $40 for the whole sheet, however it'll add extra protection against the engine bay temps. Printer said it'd be fine without it, but, it will last longer and is probably a good safeguard to get it done. If I haven't said it before, the process used is actually an etching process using solvent. Much better heat resistant capabilities than normal screen printing I'd imagine due to it being a chemical print rather than an "on the top" kind of process. This and cold lamination makes me pretty damn certain it'll hold up against anything even the turbo boys can through at it.

PuGZoR
28th May 2007, 10:59 AM
Okay guys, mini update time again. Still being held up. Apparently the printer needs to purge the ink tanks to do white, meaning there's a substantial cost involved in that, however I'm sure there's a way around this, or another printer that can do it without that. So, I'm going to hunt around this week and find out what the deal is.

Makes me glad I didn't take any money from anyone, heh, knew there'd be some kind of delay. Things never go right for me!

Trying to get this done asap...

cuzzo
13th June 2007, 06:04 PM
so any updates?

PuGZoR
13th June 2007, 06:47 PM
Nothing notable.... I've been sick, had holidays, and I've just finished an exam, so I've been kinda flat out. Will try and get things rocking this week. Sorry guys that it's taking so long...

cuzzo
13th June 2007, 08:21 PM
Its cool with me, i wouldnt even bother organising this... too much head ache.

thanx heaps dude

cuzzo
21st June 2007, 07:14 PM
Update y0?!!

PuGZoR
27th June 2007, 03:17 PM
Another update, without much success, lol.

Okay, so we've scrapped the original way, mainly because the processes needed to make it require an ink tank purge, which brings a 2x1m minimum sized sticker sheet, which isn't real economical lol, and we're going to be making it another way. Should be just as good, if not better, and quicker too. There's a lot of buggerising around, but, shouldn't be much longer now boys. :) I am still trying to get this rocking, so don't think I've forgotten.

44GTE
27th June 2007, 03:44 PM
Interested in a 4AGTE one Pugzor

PuGZoR
5th July 2007, 11:46 PM
Saw the proofs for the sticker sheet today from the guy making the stickers. :D They're looking good. Lol, yeah, shut up guys, they're still being made though! Yeah yeah, some of you have probably bought and sold like 3 '86's by now since this thread began, haha.

PuGZoR
6th August 2007, 03:51 PM
Not long now guys. Final proof has been approved and should be printed within the next few days.

James86
6th August 2007, 07:01 PM
sweet, im still keen for my 4AC sticker and 4age one.

julzy
6th August 2007, 07:45 PM
Very keen on a 4ac sticker if theres one avaliable

cuzzo
6th August 2007, 07:45 PM
Cant wait!

cuzzo
3rd September 2007, 11:49 PM
update?

obey wan boenny
3rd September 2007, 11:54 PM
I've kind of lost hope in this now

samuel
4th September 2007, 06:55 AM
I could do them if I had the machine to laminate the stickers after printing them...

But that machine is kinda $2750 that I don't have right now...

PuGZoR
4th September 2007, 08:14 AM
I have the stickers. :)

Just wanted to test how good they were first, so I put it on the heatshield for the exhaust manifold of my mums late model Mazda 323 Protege without properly cleaning all the soot off it first. It's been several hundred kilometres and no bubbling, so I'm pretty happy with how resistant the material is to heat.

One down side to the stickers though. They way they were printed, if you look at them on a certain angle and it's well lit, you can see some minor printing lines. However, most of the time it appears to be a solid black (the white is perfect because it was printed on a white sticker sheet). IMHO, it's fine though, I'll still be putting them on my car.

So, who still wants one? I'll be PM'ing those who've already expressed interest in this thread, just incase they haven't been checking back, but if there's anyone else who wants one lemme know.

Pics coming in the next few days, kinda have tests and stuff for uni...

ae71
4th September 2007, 12:24 PM
PM'd

PuGZoR
4th September 2007, 01:02 PM
Generic PM's sent out to everyone who expressed interest. If you didn't get one and you did express interest, let me know..

seek
4th September 2007, 01:32 PM
yeh im keen for a 4AC.. any left?

cuzzo
30th September 2007, 10:05 PM
Any news on these yet?

fil
1st October 2007, 12:27 AM
I will take a 4AGZTE and a 4AGZE...thanks