PDA

View Full Version : My AE71 daily

asher
16th June 2007, 10:06 PM
Hi all, thought I would finally post my car here. I've owned it for about a year now but have been very slack in my efforts to get it track worthy. The specs of the car are as follows:

Metalic Blue AE71 still with stock unstripped interior, chassis has no bracing. Rear guards have had the hammer treatment, fronts have been cut, bent upwards, fiberglassed over and filled. Front and rear guards are still unfinished and looks ugly, but looks don't really phase me.

Front suspension consists of the following... AE86 struts with coil over kit put on, normal length koni yellow adjustables (adjusted to almost full stiffnes), 10kg/mm springs, cusco strut tops, whiteline RCA's (25mm I think), whiteline non adjustable swaybar, rose jointed adjusteble castor rods, lower control arms have been cut and had rose joint taken from camry rear control arm adapted and welded in so as it has adjustable length (thanks Kluiso) these rose joints are sealed. RA40 tierods, steering rack uses home made shims, power steering knuckles, Running -2.5' camber, +6.5' castor, 1mm total toe out. Running 14 by 7's, 0 offset with yokohama AO48's 195/60 R14, 26p.s.i.

Rear suspension has... Kings super low 8kg/mm springs, koni RA28 red adjustable dampers (set almost full stiffness), rose jointed four link, whiteline adjustable panhard rod, RA28 whiteline non adjustable swaybar, 14 by 7's tyres change, madisons on there at the moment, Nankangs going on next week, street tyres on back most of the time running from 32-36p.s.i. T-18 early diff without swaybar mounts and TRD 2-way center (thanks Johnny Rochester) set pretty loose at the moment. Will get it out and shim it up soon.

Brakes are Aus spec AE86 fronts with RB74 pads, rears are T-18 with stock replacement type shoes. Only using dot 3 brake fluid. Drift button on handbrake.

Bigport 4A-GE recently had new rings and sand paper hone. Stock except for Kei-hin quad carbs 38.5mm ($100) on home made manifold ($15 worth of material) equals cheaper than webers but more tuning required. Modified a 4k dizzy to fit, 267' duration cams, adjustable gears, stock exhaust manifold, 2.5 piping without mandrel bends, single rear muffler. T-50 gearbox. Will fit 4A-GTE soon, will run W series gearbox.

Feel free to comment on my car, good or bad. If you see me out on the road, feel free to invite me for a drive down your favorite road, will come for a drive most of the time. Cheers, Ash.

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/148594.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/148595.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/148596.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/148597.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/148598.jpg

keiichi
17th June 2007, 06:31 PM
love it
hey i ended buying an ae71. i will be interested in the carbs if u sell.

stouty
18th June 2007, 10:07 AM
Looks good man got all the goodies in the right spots and plenty of tyres what more could you want lol.

Bustin_86
18th June 2007, 10:11 AM
Damn nice setup!

Loving the quad carb setup, can we get some more pics? Did you tune them yourself? Must be pretty handy!

Cheers,

Justin

ae71neo
19th June 2007, 09:29 PM
Is there a rear swaybar or not? You say T-18 without swaybar mounts. Did you mean, stock with no swaybar mounts and had them welded on? Just wondering what one would feel like with 2way and no swaybar.

Oh and what brand castor rods are those? Gain much castor or wanted it for the feelng of rose joints and ease of adjustability? My castor is maxxed out on standard rods at about 2.5. Wouldnt mind a bit more.

starni_boy
19th June 2007, 09:47 PM
got tyres on the pic in the garage??

i wish i had that many......

FLT LNR
19th June 2007, 09:54 PM
that front on shot looks the goods, the front track appears to be great, makes the whole car look wider than it is!

nice mods all round, bet its a ton of fun! good work fella http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/2thumbs.gif

asher
22nd June 2007, 09:10 PM
Thanks to all for the comments. The carbs are off a GSXR 1100 and I made the manifold, was really easy. Have drilled the main jets out as it was running lean past about 5000rpm. Has a swaybar mounted to diff with U-bolts as brackets. The lower control arms are are probably about 40mm longer than stock, and as you can see in the photo the strut tops are set to reduce camber to -2.5.

asher
22nd June 2007, 09:27 PM
Oh by the way if you are on the Gold coast and want really cheap tyres (fitted if needed) send me your tyre size and I will get back to you. As we change tyres at my work, have lots of 14's.

Stuck
22nd June 2007, 09:37 PM
lovin the pin stripe.

asher
26th June 2007, 09:09 PM
Oh and what brand castor rods are those? Gain much castor or wanted it for the feelng of rose joints and ease of adjustability? My castor is maxxed out on standard rods at about 2.5. Wouldnt mind a bit more.[/b]

They are Ebay rods not sure of brand. Castor is about the same as before, just wanted the rose joints. I had 6 degrees castor with original castor rods, but I had longer lower control arms.

asher
6th August 2007, 11:00 PM
Just started removing the sound deadener from the floor, takes a long time. Also started collecting parts for 4AGTE conversion, hopefully should have it in within a few months. Will use a W56 and GZE brass button clutch. Have not decided what to use for a main fuel line yet, might use some alluminium pipe I saw for $3 a meter.

Gilly
17th August 2007, 10:44 AM
asher can you reupload your pics using photobucket or similar

i never saw this thread and would love to see it, sounds nice as!!

asher
17th August 2007, 10:11 PM
Added photos with photobucket, hopefully they will work this time. Pulled the dash heater box, blower motor etc. out today to start removing sound deadener behind. Will remove some unecessary parts when putting back together, driving round at the moment with gauge cluster cable tied in place.

howee
17th August 2007, 10:48 PM
That's hawt!!! :2thumbs:

Got tires?? :huh:

howee

Benno
30th August 2007, 09:25 PM
go the spare parts racer, have you got that GTE yet Ash?
Do let them stuff ya around again!

v-tec
30th August 2007, 09:38 PM
Good stuff mate, looks like she's seen some action but the part list is quality.

Im local too, you comming up to Queensland Raceway on sunday?

MINIHORSE
1st September 2007, 11:12 PM
cool, so similar to kona kids

asher
8th September 2007, 07:01 PM
Got the 4AGTE now, came without the intercooler and piping though. Genuine mistake though, bought motor 8 months ago and it took till now to get here. I did not state in PM's that I wanted the intercooler, only verbally over the phone. So eight months later the seller had forgotten that I wanted this and sold it (oh well, know to have it written next time).
Waiting to collect all parts I can think of for motor swap first before I start to put GTE in as this is my daily and only car. Will be pedaling to work on a downhill bike while car is off the road, not much fun.
Did not make it to Queensland race way. It really annoys me going to the track and watching other cars driving when I really want to be out there too. Car has engine issues, which I don't want fix, in order to make me get my act together and get the 4AGTE in there sooner.

asher
23rd January 2008, 10:07 PM
Have had 4AGTE in for a couple of weeks now. I am happy with the power, but there are still a couple of things that still need to be done to finish the motor off. Have been driving it to and from work, if you give it a bit of a go it gets close to over heating after two or three corners. So still lots of small things to fix up. Will post pictures soon...

350hp4agte
23rd January 2008, 10:45 PM
thats pimp bro were on the coast do ya live

Felix
23rd January 2008, 11:33 PM
he lives in just off oxley drive

should see it around the harbour town area

killer guards :P and i mean killer