PDA

View Full Version : push button start and move barrel

grantobius
18th June 2007, 08:35 PM
Well l have decided to move my key barrel etc into centre of dash, and remount cd layer down lower to make room for guages. l will also be including push button start etc pic explains more(soz for the poorness0. l will have updates after this weekend hopefully but l thought l woul get opions first.Enjoy

Wally
18th June 2007, 08:46 PM
interesting!

will keep an eye on this.

dr1ft-pig
18th June 2007, 09:05 PM
should be good, keen to see it

awang
19th June 2007, 12:16 AM
been thinking to add some gauges and push start button on my levin for quite sometime now, i'm really looking forward for this project, this is very interesting, couldnt agree more http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/2thumbs.gif

stinger_007
19th June 2007, 10:57 AM
someone's been looking at Josh Youngs car........................................

Julz01
19th June 2007, 11:35 AM
Is it for a track car ? Not sure how push button would go on a daily , Im pretty sure by doing this they dont have an anti theft on the so basically the car can be started any time, IF this is the case then all it would take is someone to smash the window and then buy buy car.

But the gauges are a good Idea. I am doing this in my car soon. I already have got the cd player down on the lower din, but this required trimming the plastic to make it fit, as for the gauges Ive got a proper Omori din fitting kit so they should fit nice and snug with no problems

stinger_007
19th June 2007, 11:56 AM
Is it for a track car ? Not sure how push button would go on a daily , Im pretty sure by doing this they dont have an anti theft on the so basically the car can be started any time, IF this is the case then all it would take is someone to smash the window and then buy buy car.[/b]

The button can still be linked to the ignition barrel. ie turn the key to the 'on position' press to start.

OR it can be relayed - kinda like a remote start alam.

awang
19th June 2007, 06:48 PM
<{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=361272)
Is it for a track car ? Not sure how push button would go on a daily , Im pretty sure by doing this they dont have an anti theft on the so basically the car can be started any time, IF this is the case then all it would take is someone to smash the window and then buy buy car.[/b]

The button can still be linked to the ignition barrel. ie turn the key to the 'on position' press to start.

OR it can be relayed - kinda like a remote start alam.
[/b]

I've seen a friend of mine doing just that, u turn the key to the 'on position' then press start, its either way, meaning u can start the engine from the ignition key using the key or simply turn the key on 'on postion' n press the start button

grantobius
19th June 2007, 07:23 PM
yeah u keeo barrel etc but instead of turning after ingnition u just press button but u still need key. l may not by moving barrel etc cause l would then loose steering wheels lock. l am doin cd player etc fo shiz l have already made plate for switches and am workin on cd player atm. l will keep u all posted

r3zzz4
20th June 2007, 07:12 PM
The steering wheel has to have a lock when there is no key in it or it is illegal for road use http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/2thumbs.gif
I had to check when I thought up an idea for push button start using a phone key pad in the centre console.
Like a wrx, but you had to put the key in, put the code in in the right order, flick ACC and IGN switches on
then push to start.
All road legal, just a bitch if your in a hurry.

Jonny Rochester
20th June 2007, 10:01 PM
I hate all those imobolizer things. Right now I drive serveral cars a day, and I have trouble starting most of them. There is always a button to push or something. I just have to sit there, foot on clutch, foot on brake, press button on keyring etc trying everything till the engine starts. So much wasted time.

It is not uncommon to have pushbutton start on a old car that would otherwise need a new ignition switch. The key and steering lock is left untouched.

driftke70
20th June 2007, 11:24 PM
my red rolla had push button start, real easy to set up. Good for if you stall it and want to start in a hurry. i put my button where the choke normally lives. Got an idea for my new setup, might have some bearing to my current drift toy http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/wink.gif

kaibeecee
21st June 2007, 01:12 PM
it's good and bad.
easy to do, but if you're going to do it, do it well. you may as well have isolator switches for the fuel pump & ignition module on the side.

you could also do it as a anti-theft, by wiring the start button somewhere tricky, but for a daily driver, meh

Matt-AE86
21st June 2007, 04:16 PM
it's good and bad.
easy to do, but if you're going to do it, do it well. you may as well have isolator switches for the fuel pump & ignition module on the side.

you could also do it as a anti-theft, by wiring the start button somewhere tricky, but for a daily driver, meh[/b]

If someone is electrically minded with gadgets and stuff they could rig something up to start by remote, or, just get a remote starter kit, hehehe.. SUPER SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFE!

Jason
21st June 2007, 04:22 PM
its not hard, due to ecu issues it was easier to add a 'start' circuit. Mine bypasses the igntial barrel. But still have to turn it to 'on' as this powers up the ecu... Mines also in the old choke place http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif

Clinton
21st June 2007, 08:57 PM
^^^^^^^ LOL looks like you have some shweet cords running around at your feet. it looks almost like a jungle

r3zzz4
22nd June 2007, 11:20 PM
Can you get any better pictures when you have it installed?