PDA

View Full Version : AE71 Spirit: 20V dumped, New motor in development

beerhead
27th June 2007, 12:35 AM
I've decided to get a ute as daily driver and turn the AE71 into a something a little different, this car won't be registered, drag and drift hack FTW!

After months of research and planning, this is the unique creation I'd like to make.

I want to build a 5S-GTE stroker turbo for it, I really love the 5S motor, been daily driving one in the camry for years. Despite what people say, they are alot stronger than you'd think, mine see's 6K rpm daily and has 340000Km's. I can still outrun a manual V6 dunnydoor to 130kph, and that was before the industrial grade injector cleaner.

I'm sure you'll think I'm crazy. It'll be a 1 1/2 year build at the least, and don't expect any change from $8000 on the motor. I plan to do it in stages to let me get a higher than 0 : 1 drive : build ratio in the next 6 months(Like mk1 silvertop :()

I'm going to talk to my engine builder see what he thinks, but this is the final plan -

Block
-Late gen 5S block
-oil galleries ported to 3SGTE size
-bored to 88mm

Crank
-Late gen 5S counterbalanced crank (8 stud) offset reground bigends @ 48mm to increase the stroke.
-Knife edging process
-balancing
-Cyroforging treatment
-ACL race mains

Rods and pistons
-Custom built rods to suit 48mm bigends, 3SGTE forged pistons and pressurised smallend bearing.
-4AGE ACL race series conrod bearing
-Custom Forged piston 88mm bore

Heads
ST205 Head(for bucket and non TVIS reasons) if I can afford one, ST185 if they're cheap
-Heavy Duty valve springs
-1mm o/s valves
-Tigh Cams custom 260-270 turbo cams 9.6 - 10 mm lift with under shim buckets
-Port job by one of the best in the business

Intake
Ported 3SGE manifold with Cut runners before the standard plenum.
suzuki GSX 1000 20002-2006 Tapered ITB's 50mm top 44mm exit

Intercooler
Custom top mounter water to air intercooler with modified plenum on the outlet side feeding the ITB's.
The plan is to have no pipe lag in this motor

Turbo and manifold
I've got a flange coming from the US, custom top mount manifold will be made.
Big ugly BB job rated at around 400-450hp @ 15psi
Mk 1 will be cheap as they come :lol:

With this setup you end up with 88 x 94.5 motor, 2.3L to be exact. If my builder doesn't like it. 50mm Bigend makes 2.27L, 51mm(3SGTE) makes 2.26L. Crud rod ratio for an atmo motor but boost should solve that problem. Unless I find a drag master to mate 2 blocks and get really long rods ;)

I want a motor that will come on boost really early, make amazing torque and not have to see more than 8000rpm to make huge power. Dyno 2000 is estimating 500 flywheel hp @ 8000rpm, if I can make 400 I'd be over the moon.

What do you think think of the idea? Any AE86DC members engine builders by trade, I want your input!

paulie
27th June 2007, 01:20 AM
sounds like you have given it some thought... i think that much power in a ke is a chasis twisting death personally, but what do i know... maybe its a tad of an overkill power wise unless ofcourse you upgrade everything with quality components like suss, brackes, re inforce the living shit out of the shell ( ie seam weld areas, cage etc.) and brakes... interested to see what you comes of this project. you obviously know what you are doing mate.. keep us all posted with progrss..

andro0o
27th June 2007, 01:25 AM
anythings possible i suppose. a little two ways about what to think. sounds like a waste of a motor in the shell u wanna put it into.

dr1ft-pig
27th June 2007, 01:31 AM
all i can say is HOLY SHIT!!!!

keen as to see it done

how are you going about getten it legal??? sounds like a hard process

beerhead
27th June 2007, 01:32 AM
Chasis will be tuned by a mechanic I know who's car holds the record on Queensland raceway in a Porsche 944 class. This thing outrun's a 944 from NSW in a higher class with double the power around tracks with corners and not blistering straights.

Chasis mods -

-Full cage
-seam welding
-full S13 coilover conversion F and R
-cut and shut LCA's
-R33 front 4 piston brakes
-Big LSD, not sure what to choose, disk brakes, I plan to widen track by quite a bit.

This only needs to pass scrutineering, this is never going to be road registered.

paulie
27th June 2007, 02:11 AM
hahah sik. good luck with it.. keep us posted

japlish
27th June 2007, 10:24 AM
have a talk to 'therealroadrunner' on the toymods forum, he's doing the same motor but putting it in an old soarer.

beerhead
27th June 2007, 07:20 PM
Teddy's alerted me I should use a 3RZ 2.7L VVTI ... I wonder